Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spell spamming

That is completely different than saying 5 different spells within a split second to hide the one you are trying to say.

Like today, I saw somebody randomly recall, and their hotkey spammed at least 5 or 6 spells (filled up my journal), for no reason at all.

I think if fake words of power are going to be used, they should not be allowed to be said any faster than real spells. I understand and am even willing to try out "fake" power words (like, saying a single "Kal Vas Flam" line to get them to think you are really casting), but spamming them as fast as you can is simply just annoying.

I am not actually in support of any fake spell words, but we have compromised just about everything else so far, so why not compromise this?

*yawn*

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

This spams all are shit they making me mad when i smooked i confusing its only shit sorry if u think its part of Uo u a dumbass whateverelse there need a change about this spams shit it dont need big a brain or dont need more faster hands its just lame all can do it easy...

Maniac Of bLacK

Druid a.k.a Alper Tunga

Make you mad when you "smooked?" Rolleyes

[Image: 87665~Dude-Wtf-Posters.jpg]

It's really a shame that a lot of ppl think good spamming is easy, cause it is not. Good spamming is just as hard as casting the right spell, if not harder and more tactical. I've played with this PvP for around 7 years, been good at it for about 4-5, and spamming does come in different classes, just like PvPers. I'm not trying to force you to anything, just saying that a lot of you are in fact wrong. Not about your opinion of it (if you like it or not), but your "insight" in the matter of how much skill it requires.

This only goes out to the ones that think they know without actually trying it enough.

maka Wrote:This only goes out to the ones that think they know without actually trying it enough.

*raises his hand*
Yeah I haven't tried this out for countless hours yet and I may use minimal wops at some point in time but for now I feel that I cannot learn anything about it as there is no timer set. Not saying that to push it on you or anything but I feel that I cannot fully understand the uses of wops until I see it properly used in front of me.
So far what I have tried out and seen doesn't seem to be so complex, just hotkeys being hit constantly. Whenever this is under a bit of control I think I will be able to understand xuo pvp a bit better. Hopefully.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

Tabion Wrote:I feel that I cannot fully understand the uses of wops until I see it properly used in front of me.

Fully understandableBig Grin

Tabion Wrote:To Smurtle:
Because when you cast spells or try to fake them your character speaks power words. By spamming you are no longer rping for the simple fact that your character would not be able to speak so fast.
For example if I was to flamestrike someone and wanted to spam a few fake spells as well, it may result in my character saying 20 words in 4 seconds. That is not possible or logical.
To Veno:
Even with a timer a character would just be yelping out jibberish trying to say all those words at once. I say the words Kal Vas Flam in about 1.2 seconds in rl. Now through in a single wop command, I would have to say it twice in that same amount of time. Say Kal Vas Flam twice as fast as possible or any 2 spell word combinations in that amount of time. It just isn't possible and I just think it would break a persons rp.

It's physically possible. Look at the micro-machines man from the '80s. There's numerous ways you can tie it into role-playing, or just ignore it and restrict it to PvP only. When hunting and just..trolling, don't use the spam. Not that hard, really.

I hate wop spamming.

So stupid.

It really is.

Quote:So far, IN PvP was the most balanced that Ive seen. It was worth it to use good armor, good weapons, good potions, and keep a few scrolls with you. XUO PvP seems to be about 80-90% based on scrolls and potions, but armor and weapons are almost useless, from what Ive seen AND what Ive heard from XUO PvPers.

In1 pvp was never ever ever balanced, infact we went so far in the quest to balance it that we completely broke it with our new tactics techniques and equipment.

sphere will never be balanced. and if you try for long enough you will just end up breaking it.

I didn't say it was balanced. I said it was the most balanced server Ive ever played on. It was almost impossible to kill people in PvP without high enough magery to consistantly FS (at least for 1v1).

Every aspect of PvP was useful:

It was useful, but not required, to use higher level armors.
It was useful, but not required, to carry a decent range weapon.
It was useful, but not required, to carry a few of each kind of potion.
It was useful, but not required, to have a good melee setup.
It was useful, but not required, to carry some scrolls.
It was useful, but not required, to be GM healing.

Yeah, it through several phases where one of each type was noticably overpower, but overall some very good attempts were made to keep it as balanced as possible.

But, how many servers really feature all those? Every server Ive played on heavily emphasized only a few of those (mostly scrolls and potions). Ive even heard several people here say that armor is not all that important in XUO PvP, and that it is mostly about magery (scrolls), potions, healing, and maybe a plain bardiche.

And, you are right that no PvP will ever be truely "balanced," but you make it sound like we should just give up on trying to get it close, and just push it one way or another, which I don't agree with.

A kindof unrelated tangent, I know, but I was just backing up my statement.

Ok well...

Ive been watching the tournament for a bit today. And the whole spamming thing seems to be a battle of who can hold their finger on the "1337 sp4m" button the longest? What is the skill in that? In most battles, there is never a single point where both players don't have all three lines of text above their heads occupied with words of power.

Like Tabion said, all I keep seeing is pointless spamming that most definately involves no extra skill. I keep hearing about all the extra skill and concentration it invlolves, but what I saw looked like people who sat a weight on their spam hotkey, and then PvPed like normal. It is obvious what they are going to do (either try to dump on you, try to heal, or nothing), so I still don't see a point in it.

*edit*

Ok, I just saw one case where not knowing what they casted got them killed (they were trying to dump but had low HP themselves, and they got FSed back when they seemed to expect their opponent to heal). Although, with spell timers as long as they are, I don't actually think he would have been able to do anything about the counter-FS anyways, regardless if it was hidden. He had run out of mana and just drank a mana pot, and even if he saw it coming, there would have been nothing he could have done. So I guess that brings the "Pro-Spam" score back down to 0 for me...

*edit*

So far, every other fight has had an outcome that would not have been affected either way by it. I saw the same type of PvP styles in IN without any spam at all (ranging from defensive and assuming they are always going to try to dump, to much more aggressive and risking sitting at low HP for longer just so you can get that extra hit / spell in before they can).