Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UO and Windows Vista

I understand some people are having some issues getting UO to work on Windows Vista. This thread is here for us to all help one another out and get it working for everyone using Vista.

Feel free to ask any questions. Explain EXACTLY what you HAVE done, and what your problem is. I'm up first Smile

I installed, fully patched, put in the INX files, and am logging in through Razor. I even disabled my firewall (because i had to do that on XP for UO to work).

My UO crashes after i select the guy i want to log in with. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im using vista and everything works fine except in razor the title bar dont show me the regs and all that stuff

Well i dont know ur solution sorry but for example if i dont run as administrator razor. the client makes a crash. just try with administrator mode

Probably i will have to play on xp for pvping but for now with vista i can do everything

Pande:

I dont think its Vista, I think its the new patch from UO OSI. What I did was I downloaded the Injection pack from the in-x downloads section, and used the 5. (something) client. just rename it to client and your good to go.

Kitiara:

I have the same problem. I dont think there is any sort of fix as of yet (newer version of razor may incorporate it. Maybe it can be posted on the fomrsum at the razor site (there is one right?). I havent tried this yet cuz I wont be PvPing until I have descent skills, but instead of using the vista layout, try changing it to the "classic" layout, which isnt translucent.

Good Luck Guys

thanks a lot guys, i got it working :d

here's what everyone should try;

go in your UO folder and right click the client you want to use. then click properties and go under the compatibility tab. at the bottom you will see a button saying "show settings for all users". click that. now check off the boxes saying "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows xp SP2 from the drop down list. and "run as administrator" at the bottom.

click the same stuff in the first properties window too.

then do the same for razor.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]