Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monster cast time

Is it just me or do all the mage monsters cast fast as shit like 3 fs back to back in 3 seconds from fire elemental and you get dropped. I mean lets be honest a wraith should not be able to fuck ur shit up in 2.3 seconds.

I think the problem is that you can't see when the monster starts casting its spell. Maybe shade could add words of power to the monsters, but that looks kinda silly for monsters that shouldn't be able to talk.

Actually their cast time is way too fast. I don't remember wraiths doing so much damage.

Three wraiths pushed my shit in as with GM healing and GM resist. Tongue I was spamming bandages and they do a lot of damage until they run out of mana. Luckily they run out of mana pretty quickly.

I think that with GM Resisting Spells, the damage will be a lot more trivial. They seem to be casting a lot of low-level spells like harm, magic arrow and fireball, but with low resist, they can do a lot of damage.

-edit-
just tested it with 40.0 Resist and I got wrecked. Tongue lol

I'll go over their stats to check damages and see how much they can do. Keep in mind though that all mage type monsters cast explosion sometimes and that damage is based off your AR.

As for casting too fast, well their ping owns yours. They don't insta cast and actually have the same delay as players. If they have time to FS you, that means you had enough time to BS, peace or maybe even provoke.

So yeah, I'll check into the damage of the lower end creatures and make some changes where necessary. I prefer players learn to react quickly and use strategy when hunting but I agree that a wraith shouldn't be molesting people, thats kinda my job..

Shade Wrote:I'll go over their stats to check damages and see how much they can do. Keep in mind though that all mage type monsters cast explosion sometimes and that damage is based off your AR.

As for casting too fast, well their ping owns yours. They don't insta cast and actually have the same delay as players. If they have time to FS you, that means you had enough time to BS, peace or maybe even provoke.

So yeah, I'll check into the damage of the lower end creatures and make some changes where necessary. I prefer players learn to react quickly and use strategy when hunting but I agree that a wraith shouldn't be molesting people, thats kinda my job..

This is the thing though, I will run out of a room cuz im getting pwned heal up and run back in and soon as i hit line of sight for them ill get fsed like its insta cast im just saying....

yea cause they dont fizzle spells. why is that?

They don't cast spells they have no business casting is why. Tongue They stick to spells in their skill range.

Eru, tell Shade about that Mercenary Camp Leader that raped you. Have Shade go in there with invulnerably off.

Eru, don't tell Shade anything about the Mercenary Camp. First off that camp is Eru's jurisdiction and second, "tell Shade" kind of implies that I don't read the forums. Not that I wouldn't fix a problem there but I have seen people kill that boss no problem and I do not like stepping over peoples toes, as Eru knows that place best.

As for monsters casting on you as soon as you run back into LoS, this is because they precast.

Honestly, it really seems like some people just want everything to die at their feet without any risk. What bothers me most though is that on a player, all these "issues" are nothing to me and because of that I am lead to think that some people would rather post than come up with a strategy. I'm not going to teach anyone how to play but the most important skills for hunting are peace, prov, hide/stealth, healing and the most important spells are invis, cure, gheal, summons, fields, reflect. If you aren't using half of these skills and spells while hunting anything above a gazer, its time to rethink you hunting strategy Tongue

After a few long hard fights with a few casters I can safely say that they're fine. There are tricks to fighting them, you just have to experiment.