Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

**** If you cannot connect, read this! ****

Kreole Ragehead Wrote:Yea i would put my money on that aswell, we´re only allowed one account/ip so you did the right thing to pm taran, he´ll allow your ip to have 2 accounts im sure.

Just found out my ip and my brother ip is the same...Hopefully Taran can help my brother out. Smile

I am so frustrated!! I downloaded ConnectUO and it crashes on me, I also installed razor and it errors out and closes the reason why it crashes on me immediately so I don't see the reason why. I have read all the guides on the main site and I followed every step and I reinstalled and rebooted my pc, multiple times, even reinstalling UO but it still doesn't work!!! Then I try manually just clicking on client to see if it connects and it doesn't, it says "verifying account" for ages...

Can ANYONE please help me with this??

Install .NET framework?

yes i installed 3.5 .net framework and everytime i open up connectUO it says:
[INDENT][SIZE="1"]
Crash Report
===================

Version 0.2, Build 3.3
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1433
Processor Count: 1
User Name: Admin
Machine Name: PAL
Time: 7/21/2008 1:24:11 AM

Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in the array. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at CUODesktop.ServerList.Compare(ServerEntry one, ServerEntry two)
at System.Array.FunctorComparer`1.Compare(T x, T y)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.SwapIfGreaterWithItems[TValue](T[] keys, TValue[] values, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 a, Int32 b)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.SwapIfGreaterWithItems[TValue](T[] keys, TValue[] values, IComparer`1 comparer, Int32 a, Int32 b)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.QuickSort[TValue](T[] keys, TValue[] values, Int32 left, Int32 right, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort[TValue](T[] keys, TValue[] values, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] items, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Array.Sort[T](T[] array, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Comparison`1 comparison)
at CUODesktop.ServerList.GetSortedPublicServers(String sortby)
at CUOCompiledCode.CUOCompiledPage.Output(String[] args)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at CUODesktop.CodeCompiler.Compile(String code, String getData) [/SIZE][/INDENT]

Anyone have any suggestions? Sad

I don't know enough about th e.net framework to make sense of that. Do you have the C# package thingy? I'm pretty sure it's packaged with the .net framework. :/ It IS having a problem with C# though is my guess. At least I recognize all the stuff after the ats as C# code.

Try asking the guys on the razor forums: http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cuttin...assistant/

If I remember right, atleast razor needs .NET framework 1.1 to work. Download that and see if it helps (3.5 only contains .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.0 service pack 1).

download link

hey Eva, you don't need connectUO connect to the server.

i just used Razor to connect. works fine everytime.

hope to see you in game, i need a sparing partner Big Grin

i cant get the client to work. I DL the mondain's legacy from the download list. Then I patch it as far as it will go. Then I extract the required muls, hues and login to the UO folder. After that I open razor and set it up for the correct info, and I get an error everytime I try to run UO with razor. ConnectUO always crashes when I open it as well Sad.

What error do you get with Razor and the client? When do you get the error?

ConnectUO is currently "semi broken", not really sure how stable it is.

I open up razor, put the info in, then click Okay and it sits there for a few secs then I get 2 errors. The first is:
failed to open map1.mul, either the file is unreadable, your system needs to be rebooted or the file does not exist and you need to reinstall or pick a nonmaximum install. (I have reinstalled about 3 times). When I click ok on that error it gives me another one: Razor was unable to initialize. Erro code: NO_TID. Description: Could not find the client's ThreadID. This error means that razor was unable to ok the client after it started. This is usually caused by errors in the client which use it to crash to terminate before it has finished starting u. Check to make sure your client is starting up properly. Then it closes.

did you also downloaded our client from the Misc section in downloads?

yep, I put that into the folder before I tried razor

edit: I also almost always get an error when I patch. It usually goes fine through 5.0.7 then it ends and if I try to patch more, I get an error. I have no idea how far the patching is supposed to go though.