Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for XUO/IN PvP RPVs or Videos

I want to bring a bunch of people here, the problem is that theyre playing some crappy RunUO Shards and they have no idea what is the PVP on XUO/IN.

I will be able to bring arround 20 to 30 players if the RPVs/Videos are showing great stuff (1v1,2v2,field fights,dungeon pking etc..)

Thank you.

Unreal Killer (Nos/Nos2) Mental Insane (A9,XUO,CF,TC)
/\ I was 13 :>

the pvp is based 100% on how the pvp on xuo was; a pvp not based on luck, but on your pvp skills, and inpart on what skills your char has. it is very balanced and has been perfected over several years. we are staying true to how pvp was on sphere with the exception of one scroll which has been around since the beginning of xuo.

i'm not sure what you mean by RPVs. as for videos i don't know what players have recorded. there has been no recordings serverside though.

for a description of events check out this link; http://www.in-x.org/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=37

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nostalgia Wrote:I want to bring a bunch of people here, the problem is that theyre playing some crappy RunUO Shards and they have no idea what is the PVP on XUO/IN.

I will be able to bring arround 20 to 30 players if the RPVs/Videos are showing great stuff (1v1,2v2,field fights,dungeon pking etc..)

Thank you.

Unreal Killer (Nos/Nos2) Mental Insane (A9,XUO,CF,TC)
/\ I was 13 :>

Welcome back Mental Insane, great to see you back! :] I think a video would be a good idea, just wait for IN-X to open (in 1 day), macro your skills, and then start recording with Razor, then send it to everybody you know that do not know what XUO PvP is like :] We may also make some "professional video" showing the PvP later on, but at least that's something for now. Good suggestion tho! :]

Pande Wrote:the pvp is based 100% on how the pvp on xuo was; a pvp not based on luck, but on your pvp skills, and inpart on what skills your char has. it is very balanced and has been perfected over several years. we are staying true to how pvp was on sphere with the exception of one scroll which has been around since the beginning of xuo.[/url]

He played XUO so I think he knows how the PvP is, the problem is that his friends doesn't :/

We are not staying true to the basic PvP on Sphere with the exception of one scroll tho. Pretty far from it actually.
  • Lightning scrolls didn't take HP at basic sphere, it does at XUO. Same goes for XUO scrolls and Energy Bolt scrolls.
  • Greater Heal scrolls took 11 mana at basic sphere, instead of the huge amount it takes at XUO to prevent over-use of them. Same goes for Reflect scrolls.
  • No scrolls at basic sphere took any more mana than the spell itself, which is very far from what it is at XUO, since most "overpowered" scrolls takes lots of mana at XUO, for example reflect scrolls and greater heal scrolls.
  • We do not have total mana potions at XUO either, so there's another difference.

There's actually plenty of stuff that is not "basic sphere", and I'm very happy about that, basic sphere would not be worth PvPing at for 5 minutes, even if it was "balanced". If the only thing we would had changed from that was 1 scroll, then our PvP would suck pretty badly, so just had to point that out ;p

Regards,
Hate

P.S: Pande was not playing UO back in the days, he came to us at RunXUO so that is why he does not have his facts straight. He is a good staffmember and he knows how to help people in-game. He's also very active and hosts lots of tourneys, so don't go harass on him this time as well please. I'm the PvP coordinator along with nOx, so it's my job to know this shit, that is the only reason I corrected him, go easy on him, he's a nice guy. D.S

Hate Wrote:
  • We do not have total mana potions at XUO either, so there's another difference.

So mmh.. It means that the meditation skill will actually be used now? Smile Not too sure how its going to work since your hands must be empty to med no?

I think everything is based on sphere .51a, which wasn't like that.

[Image: sigpic28_6.gif][Image: Aeo_2010]

Nostalgia Wrote:So mmh.. It means that the meditation skill will actually be used now? Smile Not too sure how its going to work since your hands must be empty to med no?

Meditation works, but you cannot meditate during combat and you do not drop your weapon when meditating. Meditation is based on how it was on Sphere, but tweaked a little, to actually be worth using, and you get passive mana regen with medi.

Difference on INX is that we have chosen to make things work. PvP combat is balanced on you having GM resist, evaluating intelligence and meditation. We like to make skills count here:p

Nostalgia Wrote:So mmh.. It means that the meditation skill will actually be used now? Smile Not too sure how its going to work since your hands must be empty to med no?

I don't know how it was on *****/Corefailure/X9, but i'm a member of Xuo for a lot of years now. And at Xuo you never need to think to unequip to use Meditation. You can use it anytime you want, but when you start walking your Meditation skill will stop working.

Know i have a question to or pvp coördinators, i am not sure but i thought at Xuo2 (Maka and Strife's) and RunXuo (Maka's) also your meditation skill did quit when you where hacking and slashing around. It wasn't like this on Xuo (Mark and Bakou's)

Blackfog Wrote:I don't know how it was on *****/Corefailure/X9, but i'm a member of Xuo for a lot of years now. And at Xuo you never need to think to unequip to use Meditation. You can use it anytime you want, but when you start walking your Meditation skill will stop working.

Know i have a question to or pvp coördinators, i am not sure but i thought at Xuo2 (Maka and Strife's) and RunXuo (Maka's) also your meditation skill did quit when you where hacking and slashing around. It wasn't like this on Xuo (Mark and Bakou's)

On TUS/Sphere mana didn't keep increasing if you used the skill once, you had to press it every time and you would sometimes get +1 mana. On my XUO you used it once and your mana was increasing until you moved.

On INX we have selected to use the Sphere (cause we think that every detail is part of the feel) meditation, but improve it so that the skill will not be useless. You use the skill and you have a chance to get 1-2 mana (depending on your medi skill). Meditation also gives you passive mana regen, which will be quite important in PvP. I believe that I made it so that without medi you get 1 mana/10 secs, with you get 3/10. You will not be able to use the active medi skill in combat.

That's how I remember it on In1. If you had high meditation, your mana simply regenerates faster passively then someone with low mana, and even faster when you actively concentrate on using it (meditate).

That makes it a useful skill..

I forgot to ask this, maybe its stated somewhere but.. is their a Skill Cap?

In1 never had a skillcap.. which I honestly always found was a mistake.. its nice to see people with specific skills.. but In1 let you GM everything..

We wont have a skill cap

maka Wrote:We wont have a skill cap

which turns out to be a very rewarding thing for players who are willing to spend the time training all crafts and pvp skills on one char. Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]