Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Player

Well i've been playing on another shard for quite a while now, coming up to 6 years now. I noticed an e-mail from this shard and wanted to check it out. After reading a bit, i got a few questions. I'm wondering if anyone could help me out and maybe recruit a new player Smile

1. There is a grand opening coming up, is every item and skill from previous shards wiped? So it all will start from scratch?

2. When did the previous shard close? How many active players where it then?

3. How is the house system? Is it possible to create own houses? is there possible to lock down items?

4. Is it pol or run?

5. Which side makes most money? Fighting or Crafting/Merchanting?

Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome to IN:X. I'm glad you decided to check us out, I'm sure if you start playing when it opens you will get hooked Wink
As far as your questions go...

1. Skills from the latest XUO version and INR will get transferred to some degree. Everyone else will have to start from scratch.

2. XUO and INR closed about 10 months ago, INR had about 150 players as a peek and I'm not sure what XUO had, someone from XUO will have to give you that information.

3. We are going with the Sphere housing system, which means no custom houses. At least not in the beginning... if the majority of the players want it in later on we will consider implementing it. You can lock down items by doubleclicking the key and targetting items. We will also sell "static" houses (pretty much all houses in the world outside guarded areas).

4. We're using RunUO 2.0 but we have changed it to be like Sphere 0.51a. We're pretty much a Sphere replica all the way through but with the stability of RunUO.

5. We have tried to balance it so you can make a living from both. But it also depends.. if you're a really great PvPer you will make a lot of money PvPing. If you're a great merchant you will make a lot of money crafting.

Hope this answered your questions Smile

I'll just add some additions to tarans postSmile

2. XUO had 80 online at it peak, but I would say that a more fair average would be around 40 active players.

3. Some of the ideas for a new housing system can be found here--> http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1105 (http://www.in-x.org/forums/showpost.php?...stcount=47 more specifically). A lot of people seem to have liked those ideas so there is quite a big chance that you will see a custom housing system looking like that one.

4. Like taran said, but I think that the best explanation of the server would be something like "a fully bug free Sphere .51 with NEVER before seen scripts and systems".

I really hope you stay and that question #1 is not to big of a bother for you. We are not transferring full skills, but only a percentage (it can be found somewhere on the forum). I believe that you wont "fall behind" and with people actually having some skills your game play will be a little more exciting.

Hope to see you on in 6 daysBig Grin

I will atleast give it a try.

Is the staff active? and how many active staff are there?

I would say that at least 10 of our 14 staff members(http://www.in-x.org/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=35) are very active. Others have RL issues right now and will be active at a later point, like it always is. I'd say that you always can expect about the same number of active/inactive staff members cause people will always have RL issues and RL will always go first.

I am also retired (or at least supposed to be:p) but I've done a lot of work recently cause it needed to be done. Taran is the most active admin as of now, you will see him a lot if you choose to stay:p

Hey Felix,

Maka and Taran already answered just about all your questions and I just wanted to say what's up Smile and fill in 1 blank.

1) there are no actual item transfers; all items from the xuo side are converted to gold and players will get a small portion of that gold to compensate for the merge and intice them to stick around. (65k max per player). apart from that, no, players will not pop onto inx with a few armor sets or vanq weps.

Hope to see you online in 5 3/4 days lol Smile

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bah, I never get to answer anyones questions :/....

And I'm really good at it, Promise.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... They can't get away this time"

Welcome Felix, i hope you stay around to check it out. I myself am excited to see what kind of neat little things Maka has brewed up, and how much the world will be like the old IN.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]