Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why should I play on IN:X?

Post originally created by Maka, edited by me.

So, why should I play on IN:X and not on a "real" Sphere shard?

- Injection will screw with your game play. RunUO is bullet proof against Injection, sphere servers are not. No matter of what protection they have, and no matter what claims they make, Injection will screw you over on a sphere shard. These are some of the features that are not blocked:
Auto cut. People will cut your body faster than it lands to the ground. They COULD fix this on sphere with a timer, but that means that there will be a penalty for people that do not use it and that are actually good at cutting
Auto re-suiting. Let’s just say that you will not suffer if you die, get cut and then get ressed. You'll be in the action within a sec and you will most likely not suffer from dieing, but gain an advantage.
Auto harvesting. Cannot be blocked on sphere, any menu selection they throw at you can be easily bypassed with Injection or EUO. There is no chance for someone to get past the IN-X harvest menu, it has no regularities.
Power words The basic Injection install can filter through fake power words. There are ways to somewhat fix this, but even if they do, there are more powerful Injection installs that can get them anyways(dumdidum...). On IN:X, you will not be able to filter through fake power words.
Looting tournament supply. Does someone have that specific armor that you really really want? Why not take it from him? IN:X offers automated tournaments which Sphere does not.

- Some shards claim to be a replica of multiple, very different, shards. It is impossible to have a replica of IN and XUO running at the same server, the two servers were to different. We offer a merge and we have announced how things will and will not be. We have also allowed the room for changes.

- IN:X will have an advanced ladder system that keeps track of all tournaments. You will be able to view this on the website. Sphere does not have this feature

- Out of mana? Why not drink a mana pot each second, you can. Sphere uses a REALLY screwed up way to keep track of the pot timer. Same goes for any other pot in the game, most importantly greater heals.

- On IN-X there won’t be any alchemy bugs that will GM you alchy within a day. A lot of people, maybe even the shard admin, will claim that there is no alch bug, they would be wrong. I (Maka) have GMed alchy within a day on ever shard I've played, even though it was supposed to take a week (and it's pretty much for free). There are also other bugs like this, such as the combats, inscription, magery, taming, parrying, tactics and so on. I just mentioned alchemy because it is one of the most important skills in the game and because I'm sure that it's not fixed. Some of the above mentioned might be fixed, but most are probably not.

- Newbied bags. I personally do not enjoy the fact that people run around with infinite amount of regs, resources and armor and never loose them.

- House looting. There are multiple (bug) ways of looting a house on sphere; your safe items are not really that safe.
- On IN-X you will get accurate account transfers, you will not get transfers based on a phoney print screen. Everyone will get the right percentage of the skills they have earned.

- Stability. Last time a big sphere shard (I'm referring to ONO) had that Injection "fix"(LiL), it crashed and lagged a lot. The fix was very unstable when the client count got high. I'm quite sure that they will claim they have a new "special" fix that doesn't do this, but the fact remains that it has not been tested. If you want to believe them, then that’s fine, I choose not to.

- Our account file will not get out. I'm not saying that theirs will, just that if it does, it wont be encrypted. If ours did, no one would ever get to know your password and personal info. Sphere files have had a tendency to get out to everyone that plays on the server. This has actually nothing to do with sphere, but unprofessional admins. I do not claim to know what's going to happened to their files, it's up to you if you want to take the chance or not.

- RunUO is much more stable and secure than Sphere and way more customizable. We can change pretty much anything and fix it the way we want to. Sphere has very limited scripting capabilities, and even though some stuff might be fixable, it's a pain in the ass to fix and goes much faster on RunUO (which uses C#).

- Sphere can be crashed by players. Now I took this last cause I do not entirely know which crash bug they have fixed, but there is quite a few ways that you can crash a sphere server. Time will tell which ones are fixed and which ones are not.

PS: Some of these issues might be fixed, but I'd say that at least 80% are not.

I guess that is about it. We have stayed true to what we have said from the start and we have not compromised the server quality in any way. It has taken time and effort, but the effort has been well worth it, I hope you guys will think that the wait has too.

It's taking time, but i'm waiting patiently. I have to say i'm pleased with the thorough approach the staff have taken with this project.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:It's taking time, but i'm waiting patiently. I have to say i'm pleased with the thorough approach the staff have taken with this project.

Dito.. looking forward to it... even though it has been a long wait. Smile

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

I used to have a test server with Sphere and I've Gmed on In2, and I can say RunUo is superior to Sphere in every way. Not to mention like Maka said, Runuo is customizable, you can pretty much emulate sphere anyway.

Btw Won't be here this weekend when it launches unfortunately Sad Going to see my son, will be back monday.