Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Taran Amigo Que>>??????

yeh tarans pretty ghey

I've been reading a lil about this just because I thought it was interesting, read below to know more :]

First off, geek and nerd is not the same thing ;p

A nerd is somebody who is interested in something (for example UO) so much that partly looses the capacity to function well socially.

However nowadays most people think of somebody who is wearing thick glasses, has a real crappy fashion style, nasal voice, bad hygene and stuff like that. This person is also usually very interested in computers, programming and math. Why people look at a nerd this way is because this is how a "nerd" is usually portrated in movies and such, but what being a "nerd" really means is what I wrote at the beginning of this reply :]

The word GEEK on the other hand..

Geek originally comes from people who amused others by biting the head off chickens at carnevals.

Geek nowadays however stands for a perverted freak AND a nerd, when it comes from people who does not consider themselves to be "nerds". However amongst people who consider themselves to be "geeks" they consider it to be a good thing (at least some of them). To them it means somebody who is "not like everybody else", usually more intelligent, but less social. And people who consider themselves to be "geeks" usually value "being good at things" and analystic thinking much higher than being outgoing and "friendly" to others.

Americans however use the word geek for somebody who is .. way too much focused on one thing only. For example a "computer geek" is somebody who uses the computer A LOT.

All this information is pretty much translated from a site in which they described what a nerd and geek is - but it was written in Swedish and that is why I translated it. Now let me ask you, are you a computer geek? a geek? or perhaps a nerd? :]

Regards,
Hate

Wow Hate I think that was a lil over analyzed...didnt know Geeks were Chicken Head eaters...good to know. I think the word geek has kind of evolved over the years. Its hard to determine what makes a computer geek "a geek" these days with the overwhelming people using computers for entertainment and research.

Lets end this off with a good ol "Who gives a fvck anyways?"

Just call them electronic-nymphos.

Smurtle Wrote:Just call them electronic-nymphos.
I likesBig Grin

Silverwolf Wrote:Blackfogs response to that:

Not me man i am not at home BARELY!! I uhh party like monday tuesday, (wendesday) no because i do my biking, i am very fit you know. and sometimes i go thursday night and friday... i am not waiting on xuo because i have a life now i go meet people like EVERYDAY and i have other things to do... its stupid i wait for this game and i think you guys are stupid for waiting too... go outside, smell the flowers and party like i do, theres other things in life... **** uo!!

for once amin i can aggree with you Big Grin.... accept for the flowers part i dont really injoy smelling flowers a matter of fact that is kinda gay...

anyways yo man why you ditching me now.... i aint seen you in ages and you dont invite me over no more :icon_twisted: i'm going to beat you up next time i come over. anyways yo call me i actually baught a Cell phone, i will tell you it over msn i dont want these nozzy uo players trying to call me :icon_twisted:

Horacio Wrote:You can be a sexy good lookin person whos popular IRL, and still be a geek! ... You can be cool and be a geek to.

yup that describes me Smile

amin for the win Big Grin hey that rhymes Big Grin

hate you bugger! why you gotta ruin this good, funny, non flaming thread, by acting all serious :evil:

"electronic-nymphos" hmmm i think im close... electronics nerd going by hate's overanalyzed definitions Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love when kokane speaks spanish hahaha GO GO GRANJERO HAHA

Lederoil Wrote:Now, that make's no sence. If he looked at the community based on himself, then he'd go for the nerd theory.

BTW ban this guy already

Alright, so you're saying that the analystic visualisation is a bad thing?
If so, whom ever posted the prior post interpreting that analystic visualisation is a bad thing, you're intellectual quotient is obviously in deficit and you're obviously below the norm.
My answer to you : go jump off a bridge you stupid bad people!

Pande Wrote:yup that describes me Smile

amin for the win Big Grin hey that rhymes Big Grin

hate you bugger! why you gotta ruin this good, funny, non flaming thread, by acting all serious :evil:

"electronic-nymphos" hmmm i think im close... electronics nerd going by hate's overanalyzed definitions Big Grin

Haha, I was not being "all serious", I just figured I'd check up on the word for fun, since you were talking about nerds and what a nerd really is ;p

I'm not very serious even tho my facts I wrote is taken from some serious site, don't worry, it's all in good fun ;p

hate smells! (believe me, i know, i went to sweden Wink )

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]