Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Housing

Whats the rules on housing, one per account, or per character? As it stands right now, I'd like to have a vendor house nicely located, but would still like the opportunity for a larger, personal house.

No limits on housing.

No limits on the number of houses you can own, *BUT* there is a house-decay system implemented that effects any houses past the 2nd one you place. In other words, the first 2 houses you place will not decay, but the third and higher will decay. I think the total length of time it takes to decay is like 6 months though, so there's *plenty* of time to keep it refreshed if you decide you simply *must* have more than 2 houses.

Statics haven't been decided yet, but before, there was a problem where the house decay wouldn't count for statics, so you could own as many as you wanted with no restriction. So, we're trying to think of a way to fix this problem.

One solution would be to take the supposed buy price of the static, then set up a house sign that charges 1/12 of that per real-life month, so that you effectively buy the static every year, only very slowly. Prices may need to be adjusted, etc... still very brainstormy at this point.

I'd like to point out that public houses don't get keys, making them useless for trying to lock anything down.

Also, is there an expected price for the statics?

I think the going rate for a static is 3k per tile, that is how it was on INX

In INX we couldnt lock stuffs on land area in castles... I also talked this problem with Shade, maybe he remembered...
Still we couldnt locked stuffs land area in castles??...
Ahhhh here is the idea for it; lock stuffs on land out of houses (a little area like 2-3 steps) because we can do it old IN... this is very usefull for decorating houses..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xarif Wrote:I'd like to point out that public houses don't get keys, making them useless for trying to lock anything down.

This is actually for a very good reason. A house that is public can be quite the dirty trap if you can lock things down while it is public. Imagine if you will, advertising a new vendor in your home and sitting patiently next to the inside of your door for someone to buy something. The first customer comes in and you press a macro key that tosses a box down and almost instantly locks it down. Now the customer is stuck and can easily be killed with the element of surprise. Cool tactic it may be, it is a little too dastardly for my taste. Not because I don't mind people tricking players but because boxing ghosts is messed up and I know people could easily do it in this situation. Yeah there is a stuck option but that has limits to prevent abuse so someones gameplay could be ruined under the [s:3cremjx7]right[/s:3cremjx7] wrong circumstances.

Xarif Wrote:Also, is there an expected price for the statics?

I plan that the final price of statics is going to be 3k for outside a guarded area and 4.5k in towns - prices may vary on location and are subject to approval by the staff team.

That said, I find 3k per tile a tiny bit too much off the bat as the shard just opens and I would like people to have a chance to settle into statics they may have owned in the past. So until the first of June or 30 days after the first static is bought, whichever comes first, the prices will be 1.5k per tile outside town and 3k inside town. This is the likely price, not absolute as this does again vary based on location and approval.

Eru Wrote:No limits on the number of houses you can own, *BUT* there is a house-decay system implemented that effects any houses past the 2nd one you place. In other words, the first 2 houses you place will not decay, but the third and higher will decay. I think the total length of time it takes to decay is like 6 months though, so there's *plenty* of time to keep it refreshed if you decide you simply *must* have more than 2 houses.

Statics haven't been decided yet, but before, there was a problem where the house decay wouldn't count for statics, so you could own as many as you wanted with no restriction. So, we're trying to think of a way to fix this problem.

One solution would be to take the supposed buy price of the static, then set up a house sign that charges 1/12 of that per real-life month, so that you effectively buy the static every year, only very slowly. Prices may need to be adjusted, etc... still very brainstormy at this point.

Actually I manually added a check to see if the house was a townhouse and prevented it from decaying because that's how I wanted it to be.
You could just remove that check if you want to, although you probably need to see what happens to the townhouse when it decays.

Hey Taran!
<-- HATE [FORSAKEN] here. I cant belive you brought it back! Finaly! Been playing sins release in 1997 and nothing ever come close to IN.
Been stuck with UOgamers for over a year :/

See you ingame guys! I`ll talk with my lill bro FEAR [FORSAKEN] as well.
Lets bring back the old times! Kal Vas Flam FOREVER!

-??? ??s ????-

Welcome Bro... See you around !!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]