Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Imagine Nation Xtreme installer!

Why dosent someone make an installer for this game. that all you do is Download one file open it and it includes uo and the files required to play along with a lil desktop icon?

more convenient and easier for newcommers

[Image: untitled1copyyb3.png]

true true Big Grin

- regards, Fable

1) I'm pretty sure UO isn't legally redistributable except by authorized places
2) ConnectUO will download all of the .MUL files you'll need.

all you really will need to downoad is UO:ML, patch, and download ConnectUO.

If you insist on using injection, you'll be expected to stay up to date on your own via our downloads section.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

EDIT; Nevermind x)

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Nasir Wrote:If you insist on using injection, you'll be expected to stay up to date on your own via our downloads section.

same goes for razor.

we also don't have an all in 1 download because we don't want to have people downloading 700 meg files off our site all the time. much better for people to get UO elsewhere and get a 5meg download here every now and then. not to mention like nasir said, downloading uo is illegal.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nemo Wrote:Imagine Nation Xtreme installer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why dosent someone make an installer for this game. that all you do is Download one file open it and it includes uo and the files required to play along with a lil desktop icon?

more convenient and easier for newcommers

Hi Nemo.

I think that it would be a good idea to have an installer for the new people who comes around to try the shard, mainly since a lot of people just don't know how to put their files in their UO-folder, and unless they manage to do that they can't play at our shard Wink

However I do not think it would be a good idea to include Ultima Online in the package, not only because that is illegal, but also because it would be an negative thing for the people downloading the package. Some people may already have UO and would only want the files themselves - then downloading UO + the files would just be bad for them.

What I would suggest is having an installer that only includes the Login.cfg, the stratics/hues/staindx-files and the client. That way people would get the necessary files fast, but at the same time they won't have to download stuff that they don't even need.

We could also have the files seperated at the forum as well, so that the people who just needs to upgrade one file but still has the other ones could download only that file, instead of having to download the whole installer-package when all they need is one file.

Of course ConnectUO could also be an option for the people that prefers to use that option.

Regards,
Hate

will connect UO be supported at the time of launch?

i think that most people who can't figure out how to place different files in folders won't be able to handle UO.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:will connect UO be supported at the time of launch?

i think that most people who can't figure out how to place different files in folders won't be able to handle UO.

lmao

i love the confidence we put in prospective players Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will try to get an account at ConnectUO, but someone told me no shards with the word "Beta" or similar in it can get an account.
We'll see...

Hehe I've actually met a few of those ;p They know pretty much about UO but they don't even know how to open C: =P

They just install UO through the CD and then they use the installer to get on a shard. They use the shortcut from the desktop to log on etc etc.

Had to actually help somebody step by step to find the UO folder once in order to fix an issue ;p But they're so cute, and everybody can't know everything, I'm glad we have some of them with us too, they're usually the most cute players in my eyes :]

Regards,
Hate

I've been thinking about making an installer and an updater for the fun of it, but I doubt that I will have any time:/

Hate Wrote:Hehe I've actually met a few of those ;p They know pretty much about UO but they don't even know how to open C: =P

They just install UO through the CD and then they use the installer to get on a shard. They use the shortcut from the desktop to log on etc etc.

Had to actually help somebody step by step to find the UO folder once in order to fix an issue ;p But they're so cute, and everybody can't know everything, I'm glad we have some of them with us too, they're usually the most cute players in my eyes :]

Regards,
Hate

Your hear by band from using the word cute! :p

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry