Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

vendor gold limit

Horacio Wrote:maaan if anyone has ever played any Elder Scrolls games, you know this shit is a pain in the god damn ass. Do we really NEED to do this here? It really sucks when you have your items and you can liquify it into money cuz people are standing around vendors all day waiting for them to respawn. waddabout the noobs who live in minoc and never leave? lol

Hehe, yeah good thing all you had to do in the elder scrolls games was to rest 24 hours and they'd reset Wink Still sucked tho. Wasted a lot of "days" sleeping, just to get all my items sold. Morrowind & Oblivion for the win though, great games, I love them, they're probably two of the games I've spent most time playing except for UO over the years.

Elcid Wrote:The Jewlers would still gave say 5000gp on them... but they wouldnt go any higher then that unless someone bought something. We arent saying all venders have NOTHING until someone buys something, we are saying they have a small amount unless someone buys stuff from them.

Yeah as long as they have enough gold to not force people to "camp" the spawns and hardly anybody getting anything sold ever, because that just sucks really. I think that if you have gone through the trouble of actually getting stuff that is worth something to a vendor, then it shouldn't be thaaat hard to get it sold, even though some type of "limit" could be good in order to get people to visit more towns :]

Regards,
Hate

Pande Wrote:here's an example of what i originally intended. maybe some people got a bit confused in the discussions so hopefull this will help...

time: 1pm
vendor gold: 5k (default amount for this type of vendor, say jeweler)

time: 1:15pm
i buy 10 items at 25 gp each (250gp)
vendor gold: 5250

time: 1:20pm
hate sells 10 items at 50 gp each (500gp)
vendor gold: 4750

time: 1:30pm
maka sells 100 items at 40 gp
vendor gold: 750

time: 1:40pm
i sell 4 items worth 250gp each
vendor gold: -250 //therefore he will only buy 3 of my items and tell me he can't afford to buy the last one. then he asks if i still wish to sell or if i want to keep my 4 items.

time: 1:45pm
vendor gold jumps back to 5k and he/she can buy more items.

Yeah and all that sounds good except for that it'll be more like this I think:

Time: 1pm - vendor amount 5000gp
Nobody buys any jewels.

Time 1.15pm - vendor amount 5000gp
Nobody buys any jewels now either.

Time 1.25pm
Hate tries to sell all his jewels he got from hunting (which he had gathered for a while since he's too lazy to go to that jewel vendor all the time everytime he gets a couple of jewels). Lets say jewels worth of 8000gp.

Vendor - 3000gp (Hate gets 5000gp and has to keep a lot of his jewels still, because the vendor is out of stock of gold).

Time 1.30pm
Pande wants to sell his jewels too, which he has gathered, but there's no cash at the vendor so he doesn't get his jewels sold at all, and has to bank it again or travel all around the world looking for a vendor (which is good unless all vendors are out of stock.)

Time 1.40pm
Nobody buys any jewels..

Time 1.45pm
Vendor is restocking, Pande is sitting at the vendor waiting for the refresh to take place so he can sell the rest of his jewels, and as soon as the vendor is restocked Pande emptys him and gets his 5000gp. The only issue is that Pande has more jewels - worth of like 10k more, so he keeps spamming that vendor for another 2 hours.

Time 1.50pm
Hate tries to sell his jewels again, because he knows that the vendor has restocked, but BUMMER - Pande is there spamming the vendor :S Oh well, no luck today.

Ah well u get my point, but as long as they're restocked fairly often and there's plenty of jewelers in different towns I'll be happy. I just don't want them to be empty all the time, because nooobody will be buying jewels I believe Wink

Regards,
Hate

Horacio Wrote:maaan if anyone has ever played any Elder Scrolls games, you know this shit is a pain in the god damn ass. Do we really NEED to do this here? It really sucks when you have your items and you can liquify it into money cuz people are standing around vendors all day waiting for them to respawn. waddabout the noobs who live in minoc and never leave? lol

i've never played the elder scolls games, however it does "really suck" when you can't sell your items. i hate it when someone wants to fiddle with the economy using what i feel are draconian measures. Quite tring to second guess the "economy" before it's even hatched, at least give it a chance to grow before you make adjustments.

Carl Wrote:i've never played the elder scolls games, however it does "really suck" when you can't sell your items. i hate it when someone wants to fiddle with the economy using what i feel are draconian measures. Quite tring to second guess the "economy" before it's even hatched, at least give it a chance to grow before you make adjustments.

we have not made any adjusments like this, and atm we plan to bring the shard up b4 anything like this will be added. Big Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

well this will give them a reason to leave Smile maybe they will even carry regs with them when they mine, then when you gank them you get ore and regs Big Grin

hate, it's not like there is only 1 jewel vendor in the world, and i dont think too many people will try selling their jewels all the same day. some people dont even both taking them because they dont think long term.

think of it this way: you goto someone's vendor and they don't have scrolls. you check again 1 hour later and they have scrolls so you buy em Smile or they don't so you check somewhere else, or check in the meantime.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pande Wrote:well this will give them a reason to leave Smile maybe they will even carry regs with them when they mine, then when you gank them you get ore and regs Big Grin

hate, it's not like there is only 1 jewel vendor in the world, and i dont think too many people will try selling their jewels all the same day. some people dont even both taking them because they dont think long term.

think of it this way: you goto someone's vendor and they don't have scrolls. you check again 1 hour later and they have scrolls so you buy em Smile or they don't so you check somewhere else, or check in the meantime.

These could be hates "Special" Jewels... :eek:

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

Elcid Wrote:These could be hates "Special" Jewels... :eek:

That's right, but shh about it, I don't want everybody to know :[

Pande Wrote:hate, it's not like there is only 1 jewel vendor in the world, and i dont think too many people will try selling their jewels all the same day. some people dont even both taking them because they dont think long term.

True, I just remember at a shard where we had it this way that the jewelers never had any cash when you wanted to sell your jewels. I suppose that they had a real slow restock at that server though, because like you said - how many jewel-sellers can their be at the same time? But at a big shard where everybody is hunting there's more jewel selling players than you can imagine ;p Still should be enough for everybody if we have one in every town and if we restock them every 45 minutes or something.

I don't mind this chamge as long as you CAN get them sold pretty fast anyways, as long as it won't be like at that other server it should be fine. :]

No harm in trying I suppose, if it's bad then it's easy to change back, and if it's good then woho :] After all I think we all want a lot of activity in towns, and if this can accomplish that then woho, just sucks when you've seen "the bad side" of it and is worried that it'll be the same way. However after your explanation I doubt it will be, it sounds like you have most of it covered :] So lets try it. :]

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:No harm in trying I suppose, if it's bad then it's easy to change back, and if it's good then woho :] After all I think we all want a lot of activity in towns, and if this can accomplish that then woho, just sucks when you've seen "the bad side" of it and is worried that it'll be the same way. However after your explanation I doubt it will be, it sounds like you have most of it covered :] So lets try it. :]

Regards,
Hate

exactly Smile if we implement it and we see vendors run out too fast, we can either raise the limit or make them restock faster. and if that doesn't work then we can undo it.

by the way, vendor gold or gold restock times would only increase if it's seen as a serious problem, as in lots of people can't sell. if it's only every so often, that is kinda what we are aiming for, to make your lives a bit harder :icon_twisted:

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]