Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monster Loot

I think it would be sweet if a system were put in place to drop unique armour and weaps or skill addons from monsters. just an idea.

Eruliaf Cipe Wrote:I think it would be sweet if a system were put in place to drop unique armour and weaps or skill addons from monsters. just an idea.
I've added a few monsters that will drop special armor/weapons. Some are just recolored or renamed fun items, but some are pretty cool looking and have decent stats.

One of them is in Buc's Den. Smile

There are several monsters like that actually Tongue

Vampire lords randomly drop a piece of vampire plate. Death Knight has a chance to drop a special helmet. Eithikas drop special plate gloves. There are a few others too that I can't recall at the moment but you get the idea.

As for skill addons, if you mean raising your own skills we have that at the training grounds. If you mean raising the skill bonuses on weapons, I recently made items for this but its not implemented yet.

Unique weapons, I can only think of two monsters offhand that drop special weapons but there might be more.

Are magics supposed to be common. I went into fishing thinking I'd get quite a few high quality magics to sell or something, then decided to go into shame and 3 hit a mob that gave me a vanq silver and the hours upon hours of attended fishing was pretty much put to waste.

Well here's the thing about a "vanq" silver weapon. It's *REALLY* good against undead monsters because silver weapons do extra damage to undead, plus vanq is the highest damage bonus. However, silver weapons actually *lose* damage done to players. So, a vanq silver is less than a ruin weapon of the same type in most cases.

silver vanq drop good, i find 2 or 3 now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]