Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alignments etc.

Veno Wrote:chaos alligned guilds could kill each other without getting kc's on IN1. Why isnt this carried onto here?

I don't know if you get kill counts or not while killing other people from the same allignment. However when you attacked somebody from the same allignment at XUO you were killed by guards, but not when killing the other allignment. That was the only reason to why people kept changing allignments, if it wouldn't have been like that then nobody would've cared about changing allignment. IF we are going to have it as it apparantly was at IN - so you can kill any allignment (and still not get killed by guards in safe towns?) - then I wouldn't mind if we had a looong time between the changes of order/chaos. ;p The only reason I'd care at all to change allignemnt if it was like that is because I guess I would want to switch between order and chaos shield every now and then ;p

- Ztoke

It takes 7 days to change a guilds alignment. I doubt people will go changing it willy-nilly.
Plus they get only 1 chaos or order shield that only works if you're aligned with the corresponding side.

I think everything will be fine.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Ztoke Wrote:Hehe, over at XUO I think that most people would choose order or chaos depending on which other guilds that were order or chaos at the time. If for example the guild with the best loot on them decíded to go chaos, then my guild would go order so that we could kick the ass out of those chaos people and get that leet loot they had, without guards killing us in blue towns.

I think that the "evilness" and "none roleplayingness" of most of the XUO players will make it hard to keep that "Order good guys" and "Chaos evil guys" thing working properly.

We need to think about that XUO is a big part of this merge as well, and the XUO players has to "feel at home" as well. I think that going from "Ok lets switch to chaos to kick Arnolds ass", to "Ok lets go order to be good guys and protect Britain from evil Arnold and his crew." is a quite huge change. Not just by thinking that for a second, but actually having to roleplay in a long term as if it was like that.

I don't think most XUO players would want to roleplay at all, at least not on their main characters. They may be OK with letting people roleplay without "ruining the feeling" for the roleplayers, but actually getting the none-roleplayers to roleplay themselves could be real hard in my opinion. Even if they'd do it I think most of them would feel uncomfortable with that kind of situation. So I think the best thing would be to let roleplayers roleplay, but not "force" roleplaying upon the people who doesn't want to roleplay, and I think that forcing them to act like "good guys" when they're order people, and the other way around, may be doing just that.

- Ztoke

Not all guilds did that baby, it was just our guild Smile.. Other guilds changed to be safe from us hehe.. Remember? But you were so nice to them lil noob friends of urs Sad

Anyway, wat Nasir said is how its gon be so we wont be having wat Ztoke said ;p but order guilds are still allowed to "gank" by free choice I guess...

XUO players can adapt, some of us are just taking it too far with this whole PvP crap.. If we knew that we couldnt adapt we would have never even stared the merge. XUO does not come from a history of pure PvP, which is the msg the lot of u are getting... Our players just like to brag a lot about their fighting skills cause thats wat really mattered... If you collected other items, did some RP, etc the word does not really spread cause reputation is a big thing on XUO... Don't worry IN'ers things will be fine ;] .. I am loving the idea of RP! Cant wait to do it myself Smile... THE BIG BLACK SCARY DEMON n0x xd

n0x* Wrote:Not all guilds did that baby, it was just our guild Smile.. Other guilds changed to be safe from us hehe.. Remember? But you were so nice to them lil noob friends of urs Sad

Anyway, wat Nasir said is how its gon be so we wont be having wat Ztoke said ;p but order guilds are still allowed to "gank" by free choice I guess...

XUO players can adapt, some of us are just taking it too far with this whole PvP crap.. If we knew that we couldnt adapt we would have never even stared the merge. XUO does not come from a history of pure PvP, which is the msg the lot of u are getting... Our players just like to brag a lot about their fighting skills cause thats wat really mattered... If you collected other items, did some RP, etc the word does not really spread cause reputation is a big thing on XUO... Don't worry IN'ers things will be fine ;] .. I am loving the idea of RP! Cant wait to do it myself Smile... THE BIG BLACK SCARY DEMON n0x xd

Pfft, yeah I guess all guilds didn't do it, but I was just refering to myself and how we did it Wink However a lot of guilds changed allignment as well, but I think they did it because we changed, and then they changed to get away from us ;p

Pfft, yeah XUOers can adapt to the RPish style, but I doubt a lot of XUO players actually would WANT to RP, at least not in the long run. However you're a living proof that some of us actually do Wink I guess I could find it fun as well, but that'd probably be mainly to get those RP prizes ~_^

However I don't think that the roleplayers will have a lot of problems with the XUOers and their style tho. We won't "bother" them in a negative way, and like you said - some people may actually want to try and RP Wink

- Ztoke

i think guilds shouldnt be able to choose a side more than once, but if they dont wanna stay lets say chaos, they should be able to change to neutral and back to chaos once a week or so, but not to order

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But that's not how it works. Sorry.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

everything can be discussed again after a month or so after people have tried it out Smile

no need to argue atm tbh Smile

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

DeNiro Wrote:i think guilds shouldnt be able to choose a side more than once, but if they dont wanna stay lets say chaos, they should be able to change to neutral and back to chaos once a week or so, but not to order

I see what you mean, but lets think outside the RP box for a second though. >_<

Sure in the RP would I suppose that if you once were a guild that stood for "goodness", then changing completely to something that stands for evilness, and keeping all of its members, is just messed up. But outside that "RP box" I think that it's different.

Lets say somebody decides to buy a real expensive guildstone. He's all happy and decides that his guild will go chaos and have these cool leet chaos shields and kick the ass off all the order people. Then he realizes that his buddys are in an order guild, and he is in "war" with them, without actually even wanting to be that :eek: .

If we would have it the way you say then he'd either have to be in war with his friends, or just resign from his own guild, join his friends guilds, or buy a new guildstone. I just think that if the guild owner thinks that his guild is better off as an order guild, because of his own personal reasons, then I think he should be able to change it. Then if the members doens't approve with becoming order they can always resign.

Regards,
Hate

I am 90% certain that we will not be changing the functionality of a guild. A guild is a guild and that has hardly changed in 10 years.

we had the same on in:r and i dont really care, but would hate to see people change every other day just becouse they wanna kill someone in town.

and by the way, i was chaos on in:r and had lots of fiends who were in order guilds and no one forced me to attack them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ztoke Wrote:I know what you mean, but on the other hand - that's how it works in life as well, right? And in the rest of UO. One day you're somebodys friend, the next day he or she could have decided to stab you in the back.
- Ztoke
However, in real life, you can't be someone's friend, then turn around and stab them in the back, and then be their friend again, can you?

I didn't read anything after this, but if Ztoke's views do actually represent how most XUO players think, then I have to say that it is indeed quite lame that everyone wants to fight but nobody wants to red.

Also, I am not sure how XUO worked, but

1) "Chaos" and "Order" are not synonymous with "good" and "evil." Order means that you prefer that everything be kept in Order, meaning you support law, governments, and peace. It does not mean you are a "good" person. In real life, Lawyers are Order in that they support law and government, but I have yet to meet one that I would describe as a "good" person. Conversely, "Chaos" means that you prefer to live by your own rules, and not by the law. However, you can have "good"-hearted person that is chaotic, like in real life how there may be some nasty thugs who, if you got to know them, are genuinely caring people. Lastly, because Chaotic people live by their own rules and creeds, they are not bound by any law that may state that they cannot kill any given "type" of people, so they can kill both other Chaotic people and also people who serve for Order.

2) On IN, there were lots of things to do as a Red. I had a few hundred KCs by the time I quit, but there was always stuff to do and always people to fight.

3) Also, on IN, it sounds like people in general had quite a bit bigger balls than the people you describe from XUO. Few order would sit around in guards, and most had the courage to go out and fight Chaotic people (most of which were red). If an order or group of Order would constantly hide behind the guards, they would get hounded by both Chaos (for being pussies) and Order (for embarassing the rest of the Order guilds by being pussies) until they made some adjustments.

I keep hearing all this about how XUO players are so crazy and evil and hardcore PVPers, but it is starting to sound like more of a front, like kids who act tough in front of their friends, than real "badassness."

[SIZE="1"]
Lindenwood Wrote:However, in real life, you can't be someone's friend, then turn around and stab them in the back, and then be their friend again, can you?

I didn't read anything after this, but if Ztoke's views do actually represent how most XUO players think, then I have to say that it is indeed quite lame that everyone wants to fight but nobody wants to red.

Also, I am not sure how XUO worked, but

1) "Chaos" and "Order" are not synonymous with "good" and "evil." Order means that you prefer that everything be kept in Order, meaning you support law, governments, and peace. It does not mean you are a "good" person. In real life, Lawyers are Order in that they support law and government, but I have yet to meet one that I would describe as a "good" person. Conversely, "Chaos" means that you prefer to live by your own rules, and not by the law. However, you can have "good"-hearted person that is chaotic, like in real life how there may be some nasty thugs who, if you got to know them, are genuinely caring people. Lastly, because Chaotic people live by their own rules and creeds, they are not bound by any law that may state that they cannot kill any given "type" of people, so they can kill both other Chaotic people and also people who serve for Order.

2) On IN, there were lots of things to do as a Red. I had a few hundred KCs by the time I quit, but there was always stuff to do and always people to fight.

3) Also, on IN, it sounds like people in general had quite a bit bigger balls than the people you describe from XUO. Few order would sit around in guards, and most had the courage to go out and fight Chaotic people (most of which were red). If an order or group of Order would constantly hide behind the guards, they would get hounded by both Chaos (for being pussies) and Order (for embarassing the rest of the Order guilds by being pussies) until they made some adjustments.

I keep hearing all this about how XUO players are so crazy and evil and hardcore PVPers, but it is starting to sound like more of a front, like kids who act tough in front of their friends, than real "badassness."
[/SIZE]

Actually the things you've heard about XUO players being good at PvP is no lie, neither is it a lie that they were great at ganking, but a lot of them did stay blue. I'll explain why below.

It was not because they were any less good gankers or PvPers, it was simply since after adding the order/chaos system most players fought that way, in guarded towns, to be able to reach as big part of the community in war as possible, not only the other red people.

Sure the "real blue players" were mostly cowards staying in the guardline. But the good players who stayed blue did it not because they were cowards, but because they wanted to be able to attack the real cowards as well as the red people.

They did not either "HIDE" behind guards, because you were not SAFE in guardzones if you were in an order or chaos guild, you could be killed there just as well as anywhere else. The only difference was that you couldn't just attack anybody there.

I've always prefered Ocllo, Bucs, etc etc, red towns. I've never really been a big fan of order vs chaos or guild wars at all. I used to have hundreds of kills at all sphere versions of XUO.

.. However things changed when we decided to switch to RunUO and have a working nice guild wars-script. I noticed that staying blue would open up a path to being able to kill the people that you normally never could kill - due to that they were hiding behind the guard line.

Being a red and fighting blue people before was always lame. They recalled or ran into guardlines and hid behind the guards. (for example britain bridge). But after this guild war change it was a GOOD THING to stay blue, before I didn't CARE since I didn't like blue towns, guards, or anything like that. I liked the freedom of being able to kill whoever I wanted to kill.

Oh well, back to the subject. Now when I had seen a way to kill these people who ran into guardline, and actually kill them WITHIN the guardline, without them being able to do CRAP about it, was real nice.

These people believing that they were safe within the guardline, not thinking about that they were in an enemy alignment, were now targets that I could actually kill, even when they were in their "safe guardline spot", simply because we were at war thanks to the alignment, and guards wouldn't attack me unless I attacked somebody from my own alignment OR a neutral person.

I'm not saying that Order means "good" or Chaos means "bad" really. I was just looking at it like that so that others would see why people CAN change opinions - and they still can. A person who believes in order can go chaotic and start hating on their own and turning against all they believed in, so they should be able to.

If you in real life stab your friends in the back (not literally) but then regret what you've done, then perhaps they'd let you back inside the group again. That doesn't mean they've forgotten what you have done, but they may have forgiven you since you're regretting what you did and is now a "changed person".

However here in UO becoming an order person again, or chaos person again, does not mean that these people have forgiven you, they still know you stabbed them in the back, it's just that you're "on the same side" in a big war way beyond your small argument with this person you stabbed. You can still have your little vendetta with this person, and perhaps stab him back when you're out in the wild hunting some people from a different alignment. People can pretend to forgive, but they may not forget.

I think that sums it up pretty much. With that being said I'd just like to give you one more understanding in why players were blue even tho they PvPed 24/7 or close to it at XUO:

The kills were "frozen" when you were fighting in tourneys and killing people. We also had stones at pits in which you could spend money to lower your kill count. People stayed on a "fine line" with about 1 kill away from being red all the time. They were also staying logged on to get kills removed while they slept, etc etc. People fought a lot, they killed a lot, they learned how to pvp and gank in a real advanced and nice way, they just stayed blue for the beneficial reasons, not because they wanted to hide behind the guarded line - but because they wanted to kill the people who did, and to also be able to kill the red people - but they didn't get kills when they did that, now did they? so they still stayed blue no matter what. The only way for them to turn red was to kill somebody from their own alignment, or a neutral person, and people hardly ever did that, and when they did they still stayed on that fine line to stay blue - simply because it was worth it in the long run.

Sorry for the long ass post btw. I believe that I am representing the XUO players in a good way, you just missunderstod me when it comes to why most people were blue at the last version of XUO.

- Ztoke