Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question

Hi, i've been playing Ultima Online as just a regular game player seeking a little action. I enjoy crawling in dungions and just hunting and talking with people. From my experience, shards that have both Rp'ers and Non-Rpers end up one sided due to all the slander and rude provoking from non-Rper's that make rper's want to quit playing. I have yet to read the website because it is down, but i was wondering what kind of balance will be given to Rpers as well as non-rpers along with players who want to just play the game. Usually Non-rpers with bad additudes make it horrible to play. Espeically with the intown flame strike ganks when trying to bank. Will there be a town or zone for people who just want to play the game without being hassled to death by rude players? or will there be a way to balance it out. thank you.

*also i had another question, i know majority of the players on this shard are pvpers who will always ask for 1v1, 2v2, ect but will there be fun quests? I know mostly on xuo that if there was an event, it woudl always be a tourney or a very old "kill the dragon in occlo". I was wondering what other events there would be. Also if players who were not good at pvp'ing can win rare stuff as well.

On IN:X we will try to have a good balance between both pvpers and roleplayers. We want everyone to be able to play and have fun, no matter what you are into.

Since most towns are guarded red players won't be able to kill you if you are neutral. Also, ruining someone's roleplaying is not allowed. That means if you want to roleplay, noone should be able to ruin that. You can still be killed if you go outside guarded areas though...

There will be plenty of events on IN:X, both for pvpers and roleplayers. When the website is up again you can read about the different quests and events there. We will have a Quest Director who is in charge of quests, and probably another staff members that is in charge of PvP events.

As a roleplayer, you can get special rewards if you roleplay well enough. First you will have to write a story about your character, and why you should get a certain reward (special items, skincolors etc). Then if your story is accepted, staff members will watch you ingame for a while and make sure you roleplay at all times. If you have, you will eventually get the items you requested. You can read more about this on the website as well when it's up again.

I hope this answered your questions. If you wonder anything else post them here or send me a PM.
I'm sure you will enjoy playing here on Imagine Nation: Xtreme Smile

I noticed that rping on a non-rp enforced shard can be quite a challenge at times. No matter how well you rp, or try to do your best to talk to non-rpers there will always be some idiot running around saying "omfg rp lol" and junk like that. The reason I bring this up is because I don't want you misled into thinking that everyone on in:x will be friendly to rpers, it won't happen. It is still quite possible to have fun rping and there are more then a hundfull of us that do rp. I just wanted to let you know that there is a possibility that once in a blue moon someone will act like a 5 yr old and be annoying, it happens, but I'm not trying to scare you off. I just want you to know that there can be downsides to rping on a shard like this, and I rather be upfront about it and let you decide rather then you comming along thinking everything will be perfect and end up hating this shard and telling your friends in:x sucks, it doesn't. It will be a great place for all and I'm sure if you don't mind a random moron saying something stupid once in a blue moon, you will love it here.

Imagine Nation has had this RP/PvP balance for 5-6 years if I'm not getting it wrong, but like said earlier, there will be a RP moment ruined now and then as it is a mixed shard. The comfort we can give though, is that you will have experienced staff members that has handled situations like this many times before, they know how to deal with them to make sure they won't repeat. You can also avoid being killed if you are carefull enough, just don't join any guild wars, do not go red and make sure to avoid fights outside of town. You can also make alliances with the RP guilds that we got on IN, I'm sure they will help you kill the guy that is trying to ruin your hunting and such. Now there is a big big up side with being on a PvP/RP shard. You'll have a lot more people on it, more people to speak to, more people to see in the world (as long as they don't ruin your RP then I'm pretty sure a crowded britain still makes it a lot more fun for a RPer, even if a lot of people are OOC), more people to sell your crafted and hunted goods too. So a lot of good will come, and we will try to control the bad onesTongue

To long postSad

Heya Aerethnial, welcome welcome hehe.

The toughest part when you join and RP will be meeting others who RP (not that its all that tough). But once you get to know some people who RP and where they hang out and such then you really shouldn't have a problem. Another suggestion is to join an RP guild then you can be assured that you'll be surrounded by RPers a majority of the time. It'll also mean that people you encounter will know that you RP and respect it. Just wanted to say that it might seem harder at first but it can be worth sticking with it till you meet some people.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

I don't quite get why ur so afraid non-rpers will make rpers angry and shit and make em' quit. rp is needed in this server as ppl buy like we pvpers wanna buy ars,pots,scrolls,kegs to store pots on,nice decos for our houses etc.. don't wry the server will be fine Wink

- regards, Fable

Cause the part of RPing is to actually be in a magical world, someone coming there with his "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" name might ruin part of it. Now if RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR started speaking with person X OOC that person might have a hard time staying in his "world". Skorpion has a very valid point, if you join a RP guild you'll be surounded by RP people the majority of the time.

I don't know nothing about RP, just imagine that is why it is like thatTongue

Alot of people also roleplays when there are other roleplayers around them, this is what I do anyways, I can never control myself to roleplay all the time, but I do enyoy roleplaying quite alot so I roleplay whenever I feel like it or when someone roleplays with me, and alot of other people do the same.

I totally agree with you. If there is a roleplaying atmosphere it is awesome to try it. I feel like you, Magus Tongue