Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

People with design and HTML skills

A lot of emails block PHP scripts, even PHP image requests. We want it to be a portable as possible, easy to read and appealing:p

Note that different email programs shows html differently... can be hella annoying.

Xtreme not Extreme Big Grin

n0x* Wrote:Xtreme not Extreme Big Grin

lol samer dif,.... now its 3am and im poissed as a rairt so im foigng to bed! night! Wink

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

i like the graphic, just not the lettering style.

good work on making that elcid Smile

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pande Wrote:i like the graphic, just not the lettering style

Its just a font i had lying around.... ill get the one that is on the forums/website from taran or someone Wink

I think Elcids picture looks good. That plus a nice topic and some information would be appealing enough to new players in my opinion.

The more complex we try to make it - the less people will read it :/ Like some other people in here said - make it as simple as possible. People only wants to see a small picture/banner and some info, the first "look" is what makes them decide if they actually want to bother reading the e-mail or not. The more text the less odds of them actually bothering to read it ;p A sexy picture and a few important dots of information is what I'd suggestion, and the picture has already been created, so we're halfway there Wink

Like somebody else in here said - make sure almost all e-mail-browsers can read the code and can see the page the way we want it to be seen though - that is important as well. If they can't see our layout - or if the layout is ****ed up - then we won't look professional either way, and that'll probably lead to them closing the e-mail without actually bothering to read it at all.

Easy html code - sexy picture - few dots - fast loadtime on the e-mail and a nice attractive topic, get that and you should at least get people to read the email most likely :]

Regards,
Hate

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid ! Wink

We need an HTML KISS kind of thing :icon_twisted:

Rackull Wrote:KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid ! Wink

We need an HTML KISS kind of thing :icon_twisted:

Very Well said Rackull! Smile

Well I do have minor skrills with web design, but I doubt I could compete with Elcid and win. So here's a piece of interesting memorabilia:

Quote:Hail and well met.

I have the pleasure of being the first to welcome you to our world. Please read this message carefully as it contains important information for your gameplay and save a copy of it for future reference.

Your account might take up to 24 hours to be activated since the moment you receive this mail. If you fail to log in, please try again in a few hours.

IMPORTANT: You must log into your account within a week time from activation, otherwise your account will be auto deleted. If you fail to log in within a week time and your account gets deleted you will have to apply again.

This is your account information:

Username: [edited out]
Password: [dito]

Please don't share your account information with anyone and remember to change your password regularly. Also make sure you don't use the same username/password combination you used on other shards. We don't replace items/skill lost due to people giving out their account information to others so please protect yourself. In order to change the password, log in and type the following:

.password #######

Make sure your password is not easy to guess. Using a combination of letters and numbers is a good choice for a password. Also don't make a too long password (over 15 characters) as the server might not like it and you'll end up not being able to log in.

Before playing please make sure you read and understand the rules page:

http://imagine-nat.com/test/rules.shtml

Not knowing a rule is not an excuse for breaking it and we assume that all our players read that page.

The forums are the centre of our community, a lot of important and not-so-important information is posted there on a daily bases. You can read our forums at:

http://www.imagine-nat.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

** TROUBLESHOOTING **

Q: What to do when the client doesn't seem to connect to the server - 'Can't connect to Origin' message.
A: Please review the following checklist of common errors:
- You are using the wrong client version. You must use one of the following clients: 1.26.4 - 1.26.4a - 1.26.4b. You can download any of those at http://q1.ru/sphere/eng.html
- You didn't download the files from the download section of our website. Make sure you download all the files and extract them to your UO game folder replacing your old files. The files you need are: verdata.mul - hues.mul - login.cfg
- You might be using a firewall that prevents the client to access the internet. Please configure your firewall allowing UO to access the net.

Q: What to do when the world doesn't appear correctly (mountains instead of buildings and so on)
A: You most likely played recently on another shard that used a custom map. Reinstall UO, patch with OSI, extract the Imagine Files again and log in.

Q: What to do when you can't see player houses.
A: Either patch your game with OSI or have a friend send you the following two files: multi.mul and multi.idx

If you have any other issues that prevent you from logging in and paging please email me or another staff member for help.

Enjoy your time on Imagine Nation!

Arya
Imagine Nation staff

I was hoping this could give you ideas on what you need to put in the actual text, and it's always fun to look back on Smile

This is a signature.

OMG! i remember those emails! Arya... where are you... Tongue

Elcid Wrote:OMG! i remember those emails! Arya... where are you... Tongue

Very well in a long distant place from here Wink