Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

guards

when attacking someone in town a guard is summoned next to you and you get killed instantly by a lightning or something like that. i think this kind of guard system is a little carebear.

my idea is to have mounted guards walking around everywhere in towns guarding every house and entrance to the town. Now if you steal something or attack someone, you will get attacked by every guard near you, they will run after you as fast as they can to kill you. Of course if they hit you once you are dead, so armor wont help you.

Advantages:
*this would allow people to do in town assassinations and if they are lucky they could escape but it should be hard to do as every entrance to the
town is heavily guarded.
*a feeling of unsafety wherever you go, just like in real life, you can get killed in a police station if the assassin doing it is very skilled. if you get what i mean
*much more fun and action in towns

Disadvantages:
*people are going to bank their stuff and gang kill others with 3fs spells casted at the same time, and then recall away.

thats really the only disadvantage i could think of, but it could be fixed, lets say if after doing a criminal act in town, you are not able to recall or gate in that guarded area untill you turn blue again.

i got this idea the last day of IN:R when making assassinations on brit bridge on people that annoyed me. sometimes they got healed or ran inside town and i thought, damn, i just wish i could have done this inside town without getting insta killed.

please discuss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oops, should have posted this in suggestions and ideas forum. move it if you want but please leave the link in general, a few days

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Didn't we already discuss this like last week in another thread?
Yeah... pretty sure we did.

must have missed that one, even used search

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabion Wrote:Didn't we already discuss this like last week in another thread?
Yeah... pretty sure we did.
Yup.

Guards need to stay instakill otherwise you cant hang out in town with a fair sense of safety. Its annoying enough that they dont come by themselves and that we have to call them.
Neutrals only have towns to hang in. You pk people can hang everywhere else and not bother the rest of us who dont want to fight.

im sorry, if you already discussed this its no point doing that again i guess, just wanted to hear your thoughts about it.
you can close this one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]