Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the uo olympics

i got an idea for a fun, just messing around event: the uo olympics.

you can ahve stuff like the 100 yard dash (20 tiles)

strong man competition (hitting a dummy with a sword)

etc Smile

this is not meant to be a serious event, something just for fun. what do you guys think?

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thats actually a good idea I think. It would be awesome if some scripts could be written for things like; shot-put(a cannonball leaves your inventory and travels a random distance or something), javelin (same idea, more or less), and whatever else you can think of... thats all that came to mind for writing scripts.
Though easy stuff would be like, wrestling, fencing, races(track), archery, even sailing(point a to b to c type thing).
I would love to see this.

i thought about stuff like javelin or archery, or shot put but that is random based. i like the sailing one though, go around this course etc Smile, can also do horse races, navigate this tight course.

wrestling would be good, but player's health will have to be dropped, ive gm wrestled someone, takes a long time from 100 hp.

fencing would be another one. you get just a katana and its a narrow hall way so you can only go forward and backup. you run, hope to hit the guy then back up etc, you need a strategy other then just stand and swing.

keep tossing out ideas guys Smile this could turn into an interesting, long term event, like irl olympics take weeks. we could have an event every day or second day for 1 or 2 weeks, whoever wins the most earns events wins something like a gold statue for their house. second is a slightly smaller silver statue, third is an even smaller statue and bronze Smile and we can even cap it so each person can only enter say 7/11 events. then you have to work harder on specific events and can't play in everything.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and team sports like, what do you call it, relay race? player a runs from point a to b, hands an item over to player b who then has to run to point c and hand it over to player c who then runs to goal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

we could have boxing, with like 1 minute rounds and 30 sec break for recover between the rounds, boxers should wear small shields so that blocking an incoming punch is possible, after 7 rounds if no one is knocked down the one with most hp wins, or something like that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, if it is possible, soccer would be totally awesome, or any soccer-like team-sport.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

I've actually seen a soccer script somewhere before... it looked like it worked well but I personally just didnt like it.
Too bad we can't have swimming. That would be fun.

If we have an Olympics we need a Paralympics too, we got some special ppl here on UO.d

You just need to script gauntlets that add damage and make them red and called boxing gloves. Boxing has been done alot in the past and worked well.

Another one that would be good is a teleport race. Can you make it so people can't move only teleport? Make them too heavy to move maybe. All you have is teleport regeants and you gotta make it to the end and grab some item to prove you were there first.

Boat races have been talked about so much, I have yet to see one happen. I will always hope.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

if we have paralympics, we will only have 1 contestent... maka haha :p

good idea for the boxing skorpion, maybe it can be done.

the boat races would be great. we just need a big enough area, and we got plenty of ocean Smile

as for the teleport race that's just who can hit the macro key and click fastest

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pande Wrote:if we have paralympics, we will only have 1 contestent... maka haha

Heh, yea, I guess you're too retarded to be in the paralympics, so you may be correct.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

if i were you i wouldn't talk cause you fit into another whole league of handicapness :p

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]