Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Roleplaying, comments and observations

Pande Wrote:i hope you know you just admitted XUO players will eat you all up Smile

I believe that the thread itself and the opinions entered aren't a question if my dick is bigger than yours or simply a pissing contest.

I am glad that this is turning into a serious concern and discussion between parties.

P.S.: So that you know I nevar pvp'ed on IN and I haven't even gm'ed a single skill, but that's something that a non-rp player will simply not understand Wink

Hehe Rackull, I remember you and Kaervas back in the day. I was amazed, you guys took RP to a new level. Wink

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

I will be very clear on this issue as it is something that I feel is important to alot of those who played on IN.

RP in general will follow the exact guidelines that it did on the previous IN incarnations. This will mean that players can apply for RP reward items, however I will be somewhat strict on who will obtain them and you will have to maintain your RP at all times in public areas to keep them. While we will be an RP encouraged shard we will not force RP upon anyone however we will try to ensure that those who do RP will not have their experience soured by people who have the maturity of a 6 year old.

I have planned many things for the shard in an RP sense but at the same time I do not want the people who do not wish to RP to feel pressured that they will have to. We cater to a diverse group of people and I feel I have created a good balance between RP and non RP quests and events to make everyone happy.

I have a starting story which will revolve around a little UO lore as well as our own shard's legacies, and RPers will be happy to know that I have introduced race towns which will also strenghen RP more so than our previous incarnations but I will go into more detail about these later.

Ooooh... Azrael's hammer falls, and it is sexy.

azrael did you use my xtreme monster story? Smile

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

XUO was not always purely PvP, even till now, actually... A huge aspect of its history is PvP yes, but back in the day, players did join us and stay loyal with us for years for different aspects of the game.

on TUS/Sphere a big portion of the population used to play not to jus 'PvP' .. We had dedicated blacksmiths, miners, etc... People who would just PvE and collect rare items.. I guess you can't call that RP as they did not follow story lines or quests but still my point being it aint purely PvP

RunXUO (the first one) had a ton of that as well... I remember there were lots of people who could not even pvp and spent time doing other things like building houses, etc.
I guess its just our last server that was mostly PvP based but still not 100% i would say, not at the beginning anyway.

n0x* Wrote:XUO was not always purely PvP, even till now, actually... A huge aspect of its history is PvP yes, but back in the day, players did join us and stay loyal with us for years for different aspects of the game.

on TUS/Sphere a big portion of the population used to play not to jus 'PvP' .. We had dedicated blacksmiths, miners, etc... People who would just PvE and collect rare items.. I guess you can't call that RP as they did not follow story lines or quests but still my point being it aint purely PvP

RunXUO (the first one) had a ton of that as well... I remember there were lots of people who could not even pvp and spent time doing other things like building houses, etc.
I guess its just our last server that was mostly PvP based but still not 100% i would say, not at the beginning anyway.

It seems like since the last incarnation of XUO was mostly PVP most of the XUO people still around are hardcore pvp. It'd be nice if alot of the other people came back too. I think the pvpers have been the most vocal on the forums though.

We did actually have people that hunted and explored the world on the last XUO too, and they enjoyed it to do it on the server cause it possessed a challenge. No matter where ever you were in the world, you were aware of the risk that 5 Brazilian, Spanish, Canadian or Swedish guys could come up.

These players were indeed a minority though.

at one point, there was me, haxxed, daemon, and kute who all ran around together hunting, mining, crafting, etc. but then haxxed and daemon always got in fights like brothers do, and kute didn't play much so it was me and haxxed that ran around together most often. there were other people aswell, ellebration was a big crafter/collector, and there were more.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yep Big Grin