Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kingdom Reborn (The new UO) is out

Topic says it. The new UO, with new graphic rendering and new interface is out. I personally do not know much about it, besides the fact that it's not yet supported on IN-X (but will most likely be in due time), and that it works on OSI servers.

Here is some before/after KR features:
http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/overview.php

If you want to read more about it:
http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/

I personally didn't like the graphics all that much, lets hope there will be patches.

ah, you told us about this a few months ago back on xuo. we had decided uo was doing this in an attempt to get some of the players back it lost to wow. hence the new, wow looking graphics.

i gotta say the monsters look a lot more menacing Big Grin

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i wonder how long it will take before its on free servers...

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Cole Wrote:i wonder how long it will take before its on free servers...

RunUO has been fast with AoS, SE and ML, I would guess that they are relativly fast with KR too. It's hard to say though, RunUO 2.0 isn't even in final version, so maybe they prioritize that over KR support, and then again, they might have been waiting for KR to put it into finalSmile

I really can't say, there is no solid info about it anywhere:/ Just know that it will have KR support.

RunUO will never officially support UO:KR and I very highly doubt IN-X ever will either unless our administrators would be so reckless as to risk legal issues with EA.

Unofficial UO:KR support created by a group of germans has already been released.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

I love 2d uo is the one that I've always played ^^. I think that new graphics on uo would make it more slow than how it is now.

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

What makes legal issues around K:R different than other expansions? UO has been emulated without prosecution forever.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Kingdom Reborn is a completely new client owned entirely by EA, whereas the old clients were still owned by Origin who allowed their use by free servers.

EA has a new TOS/EULA for UO:KR.

Think of it this way:
KM got a notice from Origin notifying him that he needed to discontinue distribution of the 1.26.4b client... Now imagine EA (the wealthiest game publisher) butt-****ing any decent sized server allowing the use of their brand-new, completely theirs, lets-save-uo client.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]this is a quote from Ryan ( the RunUO project manager )
[/COLOR]
Ryan Wrote:We need to keep this project as safe as possible. We will obviously follow up with lawyers upon UO:KR's release but there's no promise that we'll ever support UO:KR.

Giving this project a finite goal for where to go with it really does make the project that much more successful.

Anyone is welcome to start a RunUO project that supports UO:KR it just wont be us.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/announcement...pport.html

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

http://www.in-x.org/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=45 Wrote:IN:X re-scripted on RunUO 2.0, a lot of new features enabled. Saving while playing, support for new UO versions (such as UO:KR), generally less lag the scripting utilities of the .Net 2.0 framework. This will be needed to run a RunUO shard in the future.

apparently we will be supporting UO:KR

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

if runuo take up uokr i dont se why not =) if they dont i can se a problem

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Time will tell, legal issues are obviously a lot more important than anything.