Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

impressed

Odium, you sure seem to get angry when people just say their side of what they feel. I mean honestly nobody said xuo pvp sucks or anything so just relax.
You know I played tons of shards, and I mean tons and don't think I ever heard of xuo's famous pvp... I think maybe that a close group of friends were so determined not to change it that it kept the shard from becoming huge. Of course this is my opinion and I expect someone to come back with some whiny remarks but whatever. I can say that I bet everyone gives it a shot for awhile, and some will like it and some will hate it but if it comes down to the fact that a huge majority dislikes it but the same friends still want it, will it ever be changed? Are xuo players so determined to keep this pvp even if it were to kill the shard? I am not suggesting it will, but I am just wondering what you all think about that. I doubt the shard would be killed due to a few handfulls of devoted people but I think you guys want it to be bigger then that, right? The thing is, after all this time I still sit here wondering alot of what ifs and such. Something in my mind suggests that nothing is open to change no matter what the majority has to say and I really want to here a staff member say if thats the case or not.
On a brighter note, Hi Allanon!!! Hi Slim!!! I missed you guys... your warm hugs and gentle hands... the way we killed people together and bathed in their blood... mmm. Such fond memories. Oh and magus, wtf are you mad at me for again? I really dont remember but I bet you were raggin when it happened. Lederoil, who were you again?:p Oh yeah you are the one that killed magus in full saph and made him cry for weeks. Amazing how you pulled that off but couldn't manage to loot, you two are so much alike its scary.
Anyways, I think I might come around it this shard opens any time soon. Chances are I will just have some player ran quests and continue crafting or whatever... I think I crafted on inr... I am pretty tired of uo's pvp but who knows I might be up for ganking someone once in awhile.
Catch ya later kids.

The only people saying that this PvP is going to be set in stone are the GM's from X. Open your minds. You think IN:R was Item based? You MUST be kidding.

It was timing, strategic squad gankings. Like most pvp is. There were no artifacts. Stop making everyone but your friends out to be Unskilled idiots. I am skilled, and I will adjust if it seems worth it. But trying to do something like Decipher spam is retarded. I dont mind recording a couple razor keys for your scrolls, Im ok with that. But deciphering spam is pointless.

And I just came back onto these forums, what you have BEEN defending, I have no knowledge of so don't lay a guilt trip on me because your tired of defending a system that MANY see flaws in. And I do understand usually those that don't understand something don't like it, the fact is, I do understand it and I don't like it.

There is enough prediction involved WITHOUT spam for UO. Knowing what your combo should be is enough without having it cluttered with useless bullshit on my screen. Spammers on IN:R were basically labeled as people who had no real skill. Is that what your society is? A bunch of people who have made it ok to not have skill? Cmon get real. You try fighting me without spam and we'll see if you can beat me.

There is a challenge for you.

And to all the GM's WORKING on this shard, I apologize if I seem ignorant and brash. But I don't like when Forum GM's just sit here and bash ideas. And I say Forum GM's because I doubt you guys are actually contributing to the workload right now on this shard. And going on the test server and dueling does not count. It did 2 months ago, it doesn't anymore.

To the positive and open minded staff (there are some from Xtreme, but the majority are from IN) Keep up the good work and we're all behind you a 100 %.

-The Druid-

Allanon Wrote:But I don't like when Forum GM's just sit here and bash ideas. And I say Forum GM's because I doubt you guys are actually contributing to the workload right now on this shard

[Image: hmyy8.jpg]
[Image: hm2ds2.jpg]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]sorry i didnt add all things i have helped out with.
oh and yeah there are currently no "forum gms" all staff that write on this forum are atm doing a great job in the way they can.

---
im also sorry if i came out in an aggresive way, but i did not do that becasue im trying to defend somthing, its simply that we haev talked about this b4 the merge was desided and even on the forum x times. im getting tierd of defending the IN players towards the XUO players and vice versa.

I think my post could for some of you be taken aggresive cause i was a little uppset on lederoil cause he seems to know so much about me when he really dont know that much about me, and for some unkown reason i feelt like i had to explain myself for the community. sorry for that and it wont happen again.
[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

i probably reported 1/4 or more of the bugs on the bug tracker so if that isn't working i don't know what is...

1) don't talk about people when you don't know them.
2) don't critisize people's work or contribution to IN-X just because you don't see them working.
3) try the pvp then try to change it if you really don't like it.

for the record: xuo players want to keep the pvp so badly because if it's taken away try pointing out something BIG to me that is from xuo. for each xuo feature you show me, i will show you 10 things from inr. i wonder which shard has more features put into inx...

allanon Wrote:And to all the GM's WORKING on this shard, I apologize if I seem ignorant and brash. But I don't like when Forum GM's just sit here and bash ideas. And I say Forum GM's because I doubt you guys are actually contributing to the workload right now on this shard. And going on the test server and dueling does not count. It did 2 months ago, it doesn't anymore.

To the positive and open minded staff (there are some from Xtreme, but the majority are from IN) Keep up the good work and we're all behind you a 100 %.

i haven't seen you provide your opinion very much on these forums, so i don't think you are the best judge of who is and isn't contributing. furthermore i doubt you stood watching over odium's shoulder seeing how many bugs he fixed and how long he has spent fixing them.

maybe i should point out the "piss-poor" turnout for the betas and ask why barely anybody showed up or why those who did show up spent their time in the duel area (the pvp can't be too bad if everyone spent their time there) maybe this shard would be further along if more people helped out. btw, i don't like how you are hinting that xuo gms aren't contributing.

allanon Wrote:The only people saying that this PvP is going to be set in stone are the GM's from X

maybe because we were told before the merge was made public we would be guaranteed to have our pvp system.

i'd like to go back to my number 1 and 2 points;

1) don't talk about people when you don't know them.

in this case don't talk about the decisions made by the inr and xuo staff when you don't know what they are

2) don't critisize people's work or contribution to IN-X just because you don't see them working.

same thing.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing is set in stone permanently.

When the shard has been up for a while we will ask for the players input on matters. If the majority thinks that something should change, I can guarantee that we will take it under consideration and even change it if we can find a better solution.
This goes for everything, not just PvP. But people have to actually try to adapt first or this won't work. That's also why you have to realize that the shard will have to be up for a while before any changes are made. People need time to adapt and learn the new system/rules. This goes for both IN and XUO players.

Like we have said so many times, this is a new shard and we shouldn't talk about IN or XUO. We should talk about IN:X Smile

I apologize to Odium , I only see tarans changelog.

Let bigons be bigons.

But to pande, the reason we were all in the duel pits, is not because pvp was good, its because we were trying to learn adapt, within 2 days that it was up or whatnot.

And do not expect people to sit around here and know every move you guys make, I have many other shards Ive been playing to bide my time until IN:X is up.

Good work ALL staff. Continue doing whatever it is your doing lol.

and Pande, Odium approached my post maturely and realized that I do not know everything going on here, you on the other hand belittled me. Sit down and think about what it means to be staff. It means you need to try to be mature. More than the players. And realize where the players are coming from.

Lederoil Wrote:But then it's not the pvp-system which makes it that way.. It's because of all the AoSitems.
That is right, at least to some extend. If a, lets say damage system, is made to such a way that you cannot harm the other guy with out having a super weapon, then it's the PvP. Same goes for magic where your cast speed is low or where your cast damage is low if you do not have a specific item. These systems are item based, but it goes far beyond AoS, AoS just takes it to another level cause it's a lot harder to balance. You can have this on sphere if your items are unbalanced (but normally everyone have almost same stuff on early sphere). If you have one item in game, that everyone needs to fight but that few have, and that item is not well balanced cause it completely controls the outcome of the fight, then you got an item based PvP shard on ANY systems.

Pots Talos Wrote:Wouldn't the need of scrolls in PvP make this PvP item based? I mean scrolls are items are they not?
When something is accessible to "everyone" I do not consider it item based, just as I don't consider a plate armor or a regular bardic he item based. When you need to hunt for hours and hours to NOT get a "fire protective cloak of coolness and other resisties", thats when I personally think the PvP becomes item based.

Tabion Wrote:You know I played tons of shards, and I mean tons and don't think I ever heard of xuo's famous pvp... I think maybe that a close group of friends were so determined not to change it that it kept the shard from becoming huge.
I've played of tons of shards too, and when ever I came to a shard, there were always a few people that knew about XUO. I'm guessing that we played different kinds of shards, cause I haven't heard a lot about IN before this merge. I think you have a point though, there were some things that kept XUO from developing, but I really do not consider it to be the PvP. According to me, XUO really had nothing else but the PvP, and we still had players.

Allanon Wrote:The only people saying that this PvP is going to be set in stone are the GM's from X. Open your minds. You think IN:R was Item based? You MUST be kidding.

It was timing, strategic squad gankings. Like most pvp is. There were no artifacts. Stop making everyone but your friends out to be Unskilled idiots. I am skilled, and I will adjust if it seems worth it. But trying to do something like Decipher spam is retarded. I dont mind recording a couple razor keys for your scrolls, Im ok with that. But deciphering spam is pointless.

And I just came back onto these forums, what you have BEEN defending, I have no knowledge of so don't lay a guilt trip on me because your tired of defending a system that MANY see flaws in. And I do understand usually those that don't understand something don't like it, the fact is, I do understand it and I don't like it.

There is enough prediction involved WITHOUT spam for UO. Knowing what your combo should be is enough without having it cluttered with useless bullshit on my screen. Spammers on IN:R were basically labeled as people who had no real skill. Is that what your society is? A bunch of people who have made it ok to not have skill? Cmon get real. You try fighting me without spam and we'll see if you can beat me.

There is a challenge for you.

And to all the GM's WORKING on this shard, I apologize if I seem ignorant and brash. But I don't like when Forum GM's just sit here and bash ideas. And I say Forum GM's because I doubt you guys are actually contributing to the workload right now on this shard. And going on the test server and dueling does not count. It did 2 months ago, it doesn't anymore.

-The Druid-
Not to be impolite or anything, but you don't seem to like ignorant people, and yet, you have a very aggressive approach to the problem.

I'd like to start of by saying that only thing the old XUO staff has been extremely firm on is the PvP (and to some extend the pits). They have been very flexible with the look and feel of the shard, even if it doesn't remind much of Xtreme Ultima Online. They have been very flexible with the hunting system, skill gain system, craft system and everything else that consist of the majority of old IN features that we are implementing. It really feels bad when you (as I see it) put their effort down due to their firm opinion on one point. I would also appreciate if you saw us as one staff team, the IN-X staff team, instead of XUO and IN.

I personally cannot comment a lot on IN PvP cause most things I know from it was on IN:R, and most people were disappointed there. As I understand it you had a few special items (diamond katana, flame sword, etc?), but they were somewhat equal to vanqs and people didn't HAVE to have them to win. That is my definition of IN PvP, and since i do not know more about it, I will assume that it wasn't an item based PvP system.

Now, I'm not fully sure about this but I haven't seen a lot of "you suck cause your shard didn't have spams" posts, so I'm not sure why you are addressing that issue. If someone is stupid enough to claim that argument, pay no mind to them. There is nothing that says that they are better cause they use spams. They might be better at spamming, but thats all it says. A good PvPer, like you said, can adept fast enough.

You say that you understand spams and find them retarded and you say that you've tried it and you think it takes away a lot of the skill. Thats your opinion and no one should even try to take that away from you, but if they do, tell them to **** off. My only "hey wait" I got while reading that, was that I really didn't consider you to have tried it (yet again, just an opinion).

You haven't been in a tournament where you've read your opponent fully, ignoring all of his fake FS.

You haven't been in a fight, faking magic reflect for about 10 minutes so you can use it without waking your opponents suspicions for that ONE time where it really counts.

You haven't been forcing your opponent to loose mana by mixing fake FS and real FS to a degree where he has to take the safe before unsafe.

You haven't been playing a specific way (lets say a lot of wreck less FS, a lot of reflects, a lot lights, anything that is easy to read pretty much) for a period of time so that your opponent has the chance to "read you", to then just switch to a style that will kill him cause he expects you to play the way you initially did.

That is just some of the exciting points with spams for me, everyone has their own opinion. You also got the people (which use I don't really appreciate) that spam all the tour through just to "hide" there spells, and that is where I think the skill stops. You can use spams like a moron or a skilled player, which way you use it is up to you.

You say you understand spams, and that you've tried it, but you have not tried it in the situations I've described. To be able to get satisfaction you actually need to play on a live shard, and this might come as a surprise to a lot of people, but you need to think on what spam macro to press...

Taran said it like its supposed to be said:
Taran Wrote:When the shard has been up for a while we will ask for the players input on matters. If the majority thinks that something should change, I can guarantee that we will take it under consideration and even change it if we can find a better solution.

This goes for both IN and XUO players.

Like we have said so many times, this is a new shard and we shouldn't talk about IN or XUO. We should talk about IN:X Smile
I, like many here, have been on a lot of shards and I've played them like I love to play UO. I'm a PvPer and that aspect of the game attracts me, I do not like collecting items and maxing my char out. I've never really stayed on a shard for longer than a month and a half, same aspect of it has always bored me. On non Sphere shard it has mainly been the PvP that bored me to death (I've tried AoS, UO:R, a few mixes and a lot of class based shards), on Sphere it has been the instability and the cheating. Reason to why I made XUO in the first place was cause I was sick of mediocre and flawed sphere shards and boring post T2A RunUO shards.

Reason to why I initiated this project was so that we could have a best of two worlds. I knew I could fix the part that was promised on IN:R and I know I could make everything I've already made better. XUO was just a PvP shard and that would (according to me, a lot of people do not agree) be it's demise. IN:R had a disappointed audience, but a great concept. Only thing that made me agree to this project was that we would use our PvP. I understand that things might be changed, and they should be if the majority dislikes them, but I really do feel ripped of when I see that people (I'm not bashing down on anyone, just talking about it as a general concept) try to change it and we haven't even gone live.

Discussing big and important changes, such as the PvP(and other big systems...), will not really work on the forums at this point. No one has really had the chance to try out the "new" features form our old shards. Wait a moment(or two), before you pass judgment.

I hope it wasn't to long and that it was readable. It was in no way ment as anything offensive to anyone, and if anyone felt it was, I apologize.

Remember, it's all about:
"static void onpost(PostHandle me) { me.penis.Size = me.Posts.Length; }"

Let us try to drop the hostility once again:p

Tabion Wrote:Oh and magus, wtf are you mad at me for again? I really dont remember but I bet you were raggin when it happened.

Well, I'm not really mad at you.. I just miss you... and you never talk to me anymore.. well your never online on msn anymore :/ But i love you.. Smile

Bah.. Let's just try out the servers pvp system for a month, make a vote, if the majority says it sucks. Change it, remove spam etc etc, it really cant be that hard :/

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]i might be able to calm you guys down, but after a while will the spams not make that much of a diffrence, i know this for a fact but i might get tricked by it in 1 out of 25 or more duels. and even if i get tricked your able to get back to full health if your calm enough and still have your healtpot or loads of mana to gheal scroll =)

you know when the opponent fs, light or heal anyway. based on their pvp style and your/their hp. and if the person is away from you / close / not moving etc Big Grin im pretty sure you guys will like it in time. IM also sure the former XUO player will like the new world and skillgain among other things in time.

But ye, if people dont like things after x time a vote could be great thing to do.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

allanon Wrote:And do not expect people to sit around here and know every move you guys make, I have many other shards Ive been playing to bide my time until IN:X is up.

Good work ALL staff. Continue doing whatever it is your doing lol.

and Pande, Odium approached my post maturely and realized that I do not know everything going on here, you on the other hand belittled me. Sit down and think about what it means to be staff. It means you need to try to be mature. More than the players. And realize where the players are coming from.

i don't expect anyone to know every change that goes on, or what changes/additions are being planned. but i do know that when you aren't in the "informed circle" you shouldn't be making judgements, criticisms, or acusations. please leave the criticisms to those who are informed.

and i never belittled you. i did not attack your person, or say your opinion is worthless. i pointed out that what you were arguing was incorrect or inacurately based on facts you don't have.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]