Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginnings

I released my grip on the girl, her struggling had stopped only moments ago, and her lifeless body slid down mine. Staring at the few remaining drops of blood running down her neck I lick my fangs in both enjoyment and disgust. I knew her once. I knew her when I had a heart, when I had a soul and maybe I would have even been attracted to her. Maybe I would have asked her on a date, married her and had a few little ones of our own.
The thought is quickly fleeting yet they seem to have become more and more common.
Leaving the woman’s home I find myself on the outskirts of Britain. The massive, beautiful and corrupt town is such a wonderful hunting ground. Although the lesser vampire legions were chased out of the city streets long ago, the elders still enjoy being around some semblance of culture. The reasons are different for myself; Britain was once my home...

<Years prior, Britain streets>

“Valas, we cannot hold them back any longer. They are too strong at night. We will die if we remain”
Ean was a strong warrior with good senses. I knew he was right. My men were being picked off one by one and we could not afford to lose any more this night. Britain was long lost and our efforts to reclaim it have been fruitless.
“Order the men to retreat back to Trinsic. We will regroup and try again at dawn.”
Ean nodded and called the retreat. He opened a portal and the men stepped through. I made my way to the blue gateway to safety when I heard a cry for help.
“Impossible, this city is a ghost town. Everyone was evacuated or slaughtered months ago.” I thought to myself.
I hesitated to leave, struggling with logic and emotion. The gateway closed and the streets went dark again. I was alone. I shook off the scream and pulled out my rune, I began chanting the words of escape when I heard a deep voice.
“Are you lost mortal? Have your friends abandoned you?”
I turned to see a towering figure, pale skin and blood red eyes. I immediately recognized his face. The vampire champion Billy the Kid. Two more men stood behind him, their shrouds covering obscuring their faces. I could not say a word; I knew my life was over.

<Present day>

Standing across the river I stare at the streets I died trying to defend; where I became the monster I pathetically tried to defeat.
Again, these thoughts pour into my head.
I shake off the humanity and look to the sky. The darkness is fading and with it I must leave. The world of the living is no place for me.

Your story has been accepted. Your watch period begins now.