Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I dont know about that pvp guide

Thats the newbies guide for pvp. Pvp is really simple and everyones is the exact same. You can only get so good at this game. Plane simple period. To people on top of there game will never kill eachother unless its naked and no move. Has been proven. Once you get to that level. As I once was, nobody can beat you but yourself. Timing is the second most important thing behind not making mistakes. 3RD is supplies. Having unlimited ammounts of what you use in a duel is 3rd. all that other bullshit, is second nature pvp. I know I sucked really bad last time I played but I was playing on a labtop with no mouse, and it was from B.C. There should be no secrets to pvp. Your guide was a newbies pvp guide.

Oh and you can be good at everything. Megadeth was. Chaos almost was just not very offensive. I was close but my weakness was boredum and creativity.

All my keys are mainly f1 -f8 gets f1234 are healing keys f1 is ghspell f2 is aid self f3 is mgreflect scroll and f4 is ghscrollself. f5 is flamestrike last target f6 is lighting l.t. f7 is NOS scrolls last target. and f8 is harm. My spam key is the key under my ESC ```. My last target key is 1. Those are the only keys I need for pvp. If I devoted as much time as I did on NOS. Or XUO1. Im sure I could be one of the best and Toke and Nox both know that.

Oh yeah. I remember MY old guild EMPIRE. hahaha So funny you mentioned that. My friends got so pissed that I joined that guild, and had to gank them but I didnt care I was so sick of fighting against them with my 40 man guild. So I quit it and joined. Funning losing friends cause you were in a different guild. Then soon after that the guild crumbled cause of Mark and Arch, and all the bugs my friend and mark did. Sucked was a sad time for me, and my irl friend had to bring my favorite shard of all time down... TISK TISK TISK....

p.s. AND YOU KNOW THIS MAN

That's the problem with no skill cap PvP shards. When you have a skill cap, it forces players to choose a style of fighting. And AoS enhances this even more with new classes... except for maybe the whole ninja thing, I am still not sure why they decided to go there with a fantasy RPG.

When everyone has all skills then the fighting style is the same for everyone. Players don't even use all of the spells because there is only a few that are actually viable in PvP. Games like World of Warcraft did a much better job with their combat/PvP system. WoW is much more robust and challenging then UO PvP. And new games on the horizon, like Age of Conan, have even more intricate combat systems. In Age of Conan you have different types of strikes and swings where you have to aim (i.e. chest, head, legs) and I think you can even do a special move where you can cut your foe's head clean off.

Anyhow, UO is still a pretty good game and the PvP is the foundation on which most other MMOs are based. I say just enjoy it for what it is.

no, wow is not more chalengin in pvp, the person with the best gear win. im a big fan of the uo pvp and haev always been

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

AoS pvp was much more dynamic and interesting than sphere pvp imo, sphere was just same old same old, new tactics came along after time, but eventually they became the norm and it got boring.

AoS was more dynamic, you needed different tactics to beat different classes, but besides what all the retard pubbies said you could always beat your opponant no matter what your template was so long as you knew your capabilities and those of your adversaries.

even with runic items and power scrolls aos still topped sphere, as they were powerful enough to give an edge but no so powerful that a player with skill couldnt overcome them

having said that, it only applies to no insurance, people running around with arties is kinda lame imo.

if IN2 had the originality and drive that IN1 had it would still be up today i have no doubts about that whatsoever.

edit no wow pvp isnt more challenging, and theres no element of risk. EVE has a very advanced combat system which parrallels real warfare, with conquering territory necessity for logistics espionage intel gathering etc...fofofofofo

WoW pvp was more in depth. You have to take into consideration not only what class your opponent is but also what build he might be. For instance, ice mages give rogues a hard time and fighting a shadow priest vs fighting holy priest are vastly different (from a rogues point of view).

What WoW didn't have is the "thrill" that UO gives by placing value on armor, weapons, and other items. The fact that I can loose a set of armor and a weapon that I spent a month of mining to get adds a more emotional attachment to pvp. Likewise, being able to obtain things of such emotional value simply by defeating someone is just as gratifying. Much more so than a simple mark of honor.

I do agree with Lerris. AoS pvp rocks the sock off of Sphere pvp (sans arties and insurance). Shit, even AoS PvE was good. Champions were fun.

Odium Wrote:no, wow is not more chalengin in pvp, the person with the best gear win. im a big fan of the uo pvp and haev always been
And no, that is not true. I used to take pride in the fact that I could take people several levels over me in fancy raid gear and I never once went on a raid and only had green/blue items. Gear helps but, if you don't suck, being outgeared isnt the end of the world.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

nasir, i have played all wow betas there is (= i have played wow for as long as possible(US beta,korea beta(US releace(and then europe)))) and i got soon 4 classes lvl 70 and almost full arena gear on my druid and my brother on hes mage.

and i still think in:x/XUO pvp rocks wow pvp. and gear is very important in wow, so is levels. if you killed a guy several leves higher than you he had to be really bad Big Grin. i agree wow pvp can be fun but I still think uo sphere pvp rocks.

and ofcourse i have killed guys with much better equipment than me but i also know for a fact that in WOW gear is more than 50% of the skill. and only because you have blue/green gear do not mean you have bad gear since most of the new green gear kicks my old full epics gear ass =)

i mean a good warrior gear and a bad warrior gear can be about 5k hp or more in diffrence :o

holding hands <3

Sorry, I forgot you're the leading authority on ...everything.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Nasir Wrote:Sorry, I forgot you're the leading authority on ...everything.

?.

like i said in my 2 earlier posts, I as in ME prefere UO pvp 100x times more than any other pvp.

holding hands <3

it was a joke.

sorry, i have had a bad day. :o

holding hands <3

you are all banned for advertising for other games!

but while we're on the topic, battle field 2 is lots of fun now that i got good internet and inx isnt up

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coldrake Wrote:That's the problem with no skill cap PvP shards. When you have a skill cap, it forces players to choose a style of fighting. And AoS enhances this even more with new classes... except for maybe the whole ninja thing, I am still not sure why they decided to go there with a fantasy RPG.

When everyone has all skills then the fighting style is the same for everyone. Players don't even use all of the spells because there is only a few that are actually viable in PvP. Games like World of Warcraft did a much better job with their combat/PvP system. WoW is much more robust and challenging then UO PvP. And new games on the horizon, like Age of Conan, have even more intricate combat systems. In Age of Conan you have different types of strikes and swings where you have to aim (i.e. chest, head, legs) and I think you can even do a special move where you can cut your foe's head clean off.

Anyhow, UO is still a pretty good game and the PvP is the foundation on which most other MMOs are based. I say just enjoy it for what it is.

Actually its just this style of pvp that is not difficult, you hit someone, they heal, so on and so forth nothing exciting about it, pvp where line of site is needed and timing and magic reflect and all the spells timers are set, is exciting pvp , and also difficult, not everyone can be good, where as the pvp here, a 5 year old can be the best pvper. change things a bit people might like it, but then again these people are the newbs of pvp so would cry because theyre fat lazy fingers dont move fast enough. <3 me