Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Char Transfer...

can we transfer our old chars for this game or again we are start at the begining???... Why ??? Why not ???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No plans for importing characters from any previous versions of the shard as of now.

Typing from phone so I can't write a full explanation, but it's mostly to level the playing field for everyone who wants to start new, and to compensate for the fact that some skillgain is harder now. I really like starting from scratch, though. I may be crazy though.

Also, character importing takes up a LOT of coding and GM time which is being devoted instead to content development.

On the plus side, you can pick 4 starting skills instead of 3, and I'm trying to add various places and mechanics to make macroing more fun and simple. (See my most recent post about the meditation spot in the Changelog).

We Should do an IN1 char transfer it would be so tight to get back on my char and see what all skills i had gmed i dont remember, but we wouldnt do any items or house or static transfers that would be tight.

Heh the characters would have to be totally recreated based on the sphere saves to be converted to RunUO. Anyways it can't/won't/shouldn't happen. Why should only IN1 get it, what about INR or INX, what about people who already started, what about people who come later, what about players who didnt play and are way too far behind everyone else?

Too many concerns I have to even begin thinking about this.

Shade Wrote:Too many concerns I have to even begin thinking about this.
The biggest ones being hours spent on scripting/transferring and the inevitable server crashes. Tongue lol