Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Incoming PvP changes and PvP testing.

Sorry to bother but I'm curious, how come scrolls here Example; Flamestrike scroll does more damage than a spell casted from regs. I thought it used to be the scrolls did less damage, and took less mana, but were a lot faster..

And also will wands become a big part of your changes?

Loki Wrote:I will have to check how long it currently lasts and how much damage it does. To be honest I think it may already last rather a long time and changing that may have a negative impact on PvM. But, I will take a look at the script later and see if it needs tweaking - I'm going out for dinner now though so it will have to wait.

sorry what i meant to say was how many poison charges you get when you poison a weapon. I read somewhere that you only get 3 DP charges

Jib'reel Wrote:Sorry to bother but I'm curious, how come scrolls here Example; Flamestrike scroll does more damage than a spell casted from regs. I thought it used to be the scrolls did less damage, and took less mana, but were a lot faster..

thats how it already works for FS scrolls..they faster but do less damage

Jib'reel Wrote:Sorry to bother but I'm curious, how come scrolls here Example; Flamestrike scroll does more damage than a spell casted from regs. I thought it used to be the scrolls did less damage, and took less mana, but were a lot faster..

I must have explained badly, FS scrolls damage is boosted (but still lower than the book spell) - both book and scroll will have some AR dependent damage element as well. The scroll will still be faster and take less mana (but more than it currently does).

As for wands, no, I have not touched them. I don't really like them personally and would happily nuke them away but that's personal feelings and I try not to let them get in the way of my changes.

I don't want to give out values for spells etc. because I know from past experiences players latch on to numbers and argue about them without necessarily having solid justification - also because knowing the numbers spoils the game I think. But I have taken a very calculated mathematical approach to the damage, speed and mana values given to all the spells/weapons/other stuff I've changed.

So far I haven't had much in the way of detailed feedback from the testers but those who have given me feedback have liked the system, so I'm hoping when we set up the area on the live server others will feel the same.

Don't forget about archery or the other good ideas in this thread please!

http://in-uo.net/forums/showthread.php?8...ry-Changes

Thanks and great job so far!

Definitely on my radar Siren, but I'd like to see how the generic changes to Dex affects archery before I do anything else to it. An archer build should be slightly more viable than the current live server because with high dexterity you will shoot faster and also heal better with bandages reducing the pressure on a reduced mana pool. Pure archer (or warrior) will not be possible though, magic will always be important when there is no skill cap.

I was curious, do spears still do paralyzing blows? If not, I would like to see this again.

allsuperior Wrote:I was curious, do spears still do paralyzing blows? If not, I would like to see this again.

Also, is there any hope to increase bandage time so we can lose the disarming of weapons and shields. I know it will mess with PvP a lot but I mostly PvM and it sucks to stop swinging and unequip wep/shield to apply aids. I lose more HP putting down my shield then I sometimes have a chance to heal. (I.e My healing fails or for some odd reason they apply but barely heal). Just a suggestion.

Black Widows poisoning on hit will affect healing yeah?

allsuperior Wrote:I was curious, do spears still do paralyzing blows? If not, I would like to see this again.

No they don't, and I'm afraid I'm unlikely to add that, I don't like to add random things and pre-AoS that is completely random.

allsuperior Wrote:Also, is there any hope to increase bandage time so we can lose the disarming of weapons and shields. I know it will mess with PvP a lot but I mostly PvM and it sucks to stop swinging and unequip wep/shield to apply aids. I lose more HP putting down my shield then I sometimes have a chance to heal. (I.e My healing fails or for some odd reason they apply but barely heal). Just a suggestion.

Add use shield to your macro and this should not be an issue. Aids here work in a specifically Sphere style, the way you are describing is OSI/AoS, which is a nice system, but it isn't what we're trying to do here I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I love publish 17/18 and AoS but it would be a very big stylistic change and difficult to balance with the fact that everyone can also magic heal and drink potions with alchemy bonuses...

Azzo Wrote:Black Widows poisoning on hit will affect healing yeah?

Correct.

Loki Wrote:No they don't, and I'm afraid I'm unlikely to add that, I don't like to add random things and pre-AoS that is completely random.

Add use shield to your macro and this should not be an issue. Aids here work in a specifically Sphere style, the way you are describing is OSI/AoS, which is a nice system, but it isn't what we're trying to do here I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I love publish 17/18 and AoS but it would be a very big stylistic change and difficult to balance with the fact that everyone can also magic heal and drink potions with alchemy bonuses...

Sorry, Its been a while since I played OSI or a previos freeshard, so its tough for me to remember what time was when. Rolleyes