Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sm0ke Wrote:No i killed you in a 1v1 properly, but the delay is kinda stupid no reason to have so much delay on spells heal for 5-6 seconds lol? it's all about casting and then just running into your target when the cast is about to be finished. Armor and weapons don't play any part in that PvP you just need to know how to run and cast clusmy or magic arrow..

5-6 seconds? Try 3.5 seconds.

The delay allows for people to maneuver around LOS and land their spell to avoid people like you spamming In Por Yelm at them.

Weapons and armor play pleanty of a part in this PvP, you just have no idea how to use them.

All you need is to run, cast clumsy and magic arrow? Yea, you thought. I saw you trying to fizzle spam me and you ate FS after FS. The only reason you didn't die within 20 seconds every fight is because bandages weren't interrupted and In Mani was OP, so you ran around spamming both. That will be fixed. This PvP isn't about it being easy to survive and duels lasting 15 minutes. It's about the more skilled player winning the fight fairly quickly. Once you have no easy heal option, you won't stand a chance. Your LOS skill is below average. I saw some people that adapted really quickly and were actually really good at it within a few duels. You though, stick to what you know.

Think outside the box for once son. Literally. All PvP isn't done in a 5x5 tile box. Newb.

oh, please, don't stop! <3

The fizzle pvp isn't that great. Some people are just used to it and want to bring it here. But the point is, this actual pvp is the heart of IN i'm sure that a lot of players came here(just like me) because it's a copy of sphere 51a on a better server (RUNUO) less buggy so people can't cheat too much. If this pvp style is changed, the entire shard is gonna be totally different. If some specials arena are set up or special tournements thats a good idea. But the entire world should stay as it is that's for sure.

I played a lot on both versions and this style is a lot more fun. More damage and tactic, you can't just cast MA non stop and run throught the wood so no one kills you...

Aki- You must not have tried the fizzle PvP when the arenas were open yesterday because you certainly can not cast magic arrow non stop or you will die very quickly. As for running through the trees, its like that with IN pvp also. Even worse actually because you lose mana on fizzles. While we are on the topic, IN PvP isn't that great Tongue It's is HEAVILY reliant on melee, which is currently heavily influenced by random luck. As for which PvP uses more tactic, I'm definitely going to say fizzle. I say that because IN 1v1 PvP is basically only efficient in small enclosed areas since you need melee to get a kill. It's basically impossible to go out on your own in the world and expect to kill people. Fizzle you can kill 1v1 in any situation as long as you use proper line of sight and proper spells.

Nobody is suggesting changing IN's PvP. I think IN PvP is fun and it would be wrong of me to continue trying to get everyone to like the style I like. Fizzle PvP is just for the fizzle arenas and hopefully one day some events.

Lags Wrote:Aki- You must not have tried the fizzle PvP when the arenas were open yesterday because you certainly can not cast magic arrow non stop or you will die very quickly. As for running through the trees, its like that with IN pvp also. Even worse actually because you lose mana on fizzles. While we are on the topic, IN PvP isn't that great Tongue It's is HEAVILY reliant on melee, which is currently heavily influenced by random luck. As for which PvP uses more tactic, I'm definitely going to say fizzle. I say that because IN 1v1 PvP is basically only efficient in small enclosed areas since you need melee to get a kill. It's basically impossible to go out on your own in the world and expect to kill people. Fizzle you can kill 1v1 in any situation as long as you use proper line of sight and proper spells.

Nobody is suggesting changing IN's PvP. I think IN PvP is fun and it would be wrong of me to continue trying to get everyone to like the style I like. Fizzle PvP is just for the fizzle arenas and hopefully one day some events.

well good thing weapon damage is going to be less luck come sunday....honestly i would rather have weapons be the primary weapon damage..why should magic be used that much...its like 1% of your skills for pvp....and the weapon economy is already pretty bad with all the weapons everyone has stocked up...and now with fizzle no one will use weapons...it is nice to have two styles in the sever tho..pretty cool

Weapon's being less luck is awesome, but still. Melee on UO is always going be up to chance. Really the only thing you can control on UO is line of sight, when you cast spells, and when you use melee. I'm not sure what you mean by 'weapons should be the primary weapon damage'. I think weapons already are the primary weapon damage Tongue

well in honest weapons don't really get used much at all unless its a tour....and then weapons never kill anyone...your right they start you off but never can finish..so i wouldn't call them primarily used...used like 65% of the time yes

Mael Wrote:well in honest weapons don't really get used much at all unless its a tour....and then weapons never kill anyone...your right they start you off but never can finish..so i wouldn't call them primarily used...used like 65% of the time yes

65% would be primarily Tongue

You'll never kill a good PvPer if you don't combine it with a good magic and outtime him though. Well, it's the goal to reach at least ;p

Agree with the initial poster. The "skillroof" for a balanced fizzlepvp is almost competitively high, whilst the one currently on IN is very low (with exception of the pvpboxes with 5 squares in them that highten it just abit, but still takes about 1 week to master). One example the other day about the imbalance and low skillroof is when i joined a deathmatch going on (and i havent played the game for 5+ years), and find myself up against 2 friends that starts to flam me. 5 minutes later or more they stopped and started chatting instead, since there were no chance for them to kill me, i just los and healed and marrow the paralyzes, nothing at all they could do about it (and they were 2 respected pvpers as far as i know). This to me seems silly, and would never happen on a fizzlestyle ganking situation (granted somehow minor healing isnt overpowered), let alone in a 1v1 situation. My vote is clear

There is a problem with 2 men squad now, though it's a problem of current FS damage, if we'd get mana intake\damage incretement to 30mana\45 dmg , and upped the light to 18 (gh spell cover should be raised too) then it would be alright. I'll give you a week to master this pvp. Judging something you have no idea of isn't good thing. I know it might seem that you know everything in UO and watching the duel made you understand all the issues, but well, i'll give you a week , then we'll see. I already answered the question of two-men squad problem, but still - name those two guys please...

As I keep saying, problems with the PvP are on our radar and work to improve it is ongoing. The latest restart included changes to how weapons work. The next thing we will be looking at is probably how spell damage and mana management are working. We will be striving to maintain the 51a style (and I know this may disappoint some of the .55 crowd but we are delivering what we have written on our tin...) but to make it more competitive and exciting (dangerous and pacey!). Think of it as us aiming for 51a+ style PvP, 51a but using the options runUO gives us to make things even better.

I hope people will be patient and open minded and allow us time to deliver, our aim is to provide a fun system that as many people as possible can enjoy, we're not out to spoil anyone's fun and we want to make everyone happy, but sometimes we can't deliver exactly what everybody wants because those desires conflict directly. We'll do our best, I hope you all bear with us and give things a chance.