Poll: Would you like to see spells get fizzled/interupted? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.24%
48.24%
No
51.76%
51.76%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Like I said before.. And I said it again.. NOW IMA SAY IT AGAIN.. IM not trying to change the shard! A bunch of people were talking about how they wish it was fizzle last night, So I made a post to wonder what else people thought and if it was the staff's decision to make pvp the way it is or if people actually liked this style.. Not in one post have I said.. CHANGE IT. You my friend have a very narrow brain =/.. Either that or your just not reading anything being posted.

Habibi Jones Wrote:i know a lot of people like that style pvp, i actually like it too... but as stated i always end up coming back to servers like this one. the staff and players have put a lot of time effort and thought into the creation of this pvp. don't get me wrong, we have more work to do still, but things have come a long way. the pvp here wasn't created/balanced over night Tongue
honestly even if 75% of the population here votes yes you still will not see that change. i hope that doesn't come off as rude though, because i don't mean it that way.

I can't believe I'm going to say this .. but I'm with Habibi on this one ... well said.

Maximus Wrote:Like I said before.. And I said it again.. NOW IMA SAY IT AGAIN.. IM not trying to change the shard! A bunch of people were talking about how they wish it was fizzle last night, So I made a post to wonder what else people thought and if it was the staff's decision to make pvp the way it is or if people actually liked this style.. Not in one post have I said.. CHANGE IT. You my friend have a very narrow brain =/.. Either that or your just not reading anything being posted.

Yeah right, that is what you were doing. Quoting you below.

Maximus Wrote:This is a old school server! With oldschool brings back alot of talent and skill! I would loveeeee.. I mean this would be my absolute all time favorite server if a fizzle/interuptions in spells were added!

Obviously you are VERY neutral. You're just forwarding other players wishes. You do not at all want this to be added. You are NOT trying to change the PvP. (Yes, I am sarcastic)

Edit:
Anyways this is not going anywhere. We're just saying the same thing over and over again. You know how I feel, I know how you feel, yes you are trying to change the pvp, no you're not just forwarding players wishes, but that's fine, you are allowed to have an opinion, I'm just saying why I think that it's wrong to change a thing like this, and I think that you should try the PvP before you make posts like this. Anyway, unless you continue this neverending discussion I'll end it now. Thank you. Bye.

ok w.e im done *sigh*

Maximus Wrote:ok w.e im done *sigh*

Just so were on the same page, I don't agree with this idea, but I do agree with you that people need to stop pointing fingers and stop saying things like "STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SHARD!!!" that doesn't leave people in a good mood to suggest newer suggestions later on I mean I know the feeling first hand when i tried suggesting other things a few days earlier everyone just jumps down your throat..

Im new to the server.. I can understand why some people get offensive like "who the hell does this guy think he is" But yea its not like that all.. However.. If you guys think im gonna sit back and not make a change in this server.. Your outta your damn minds.. Every server I've ever played Ive made a huge impact

Maximus Wrote:Im new to the server.. I can understand why some people get offensive like "who the hell does this guy think he is" But yea its not like that all.. However.. If you guys think im gonna sit back and not make a change in this server.. Your outta your damn minds.. Every server I've ever played Ive made a huge impact

We don't think that at all tho. Keep in mind that you have made other suggestions and that those have been greeted in a positive way in the other threads, it's just that this suggestion is changing the pvp in a too crucial way that would actually cause players to quit. Sure it may also get new players to join, but it wouldn't be worth loosing and upsetting the ones who came here for the pvp and who have macroed for a long time to play here, then it's better to just play another shard IF you can't live without the fizzling-pvp, I however think you will be able to, I actually think you will enjoy it. I said this earlier on another post as well, I'll quote myself.

Adam Wrote:And it is not like we're completely against changing stuff on this shard, Maximus has made several suggestions and most of them have been greeted in a positive way, go check the other posts and you'll see.

Edit:
I'd also like to mention that I also have things that I want changed, balancement changes, like for example that some spells are too weak or that it's too easy to survive in some situations, and once you start pvping and see these I'm pretty sure we will be agreeing on that, it's just that this change is too big for what I think is good for the shard.

- Adam

Just to clarify I don't think IN should switch to fizzle anymore because so many are against it and are right, this pvp is fun.

As for "fizzle pvp" Some of you that are saying things like "its almost impossible to kill someone 1v1" , "people just spam magic arrow", and "if you know what spells to fizzle you will never die". You couldn't be farther off Smile hell, when I pvp I don't even use fizzle spells at all. Its all about timing and line of sight if your good.

I'm glad Taran is adding a fizzle pvp area so you can try it out. Duel me and see how long you survive trying to fizzle me Smile

I'm not sure how many of you fizzle guys stayed, I hope a lot of you because it's always good to have more PvPers around and I honestly think you wouldn't hate our PvP as much as you think once you get into it. If enough fizzle types are around after the fizzle region script is perfected I may even run some big events with it.

Not to offend the PvPers that love fizzling PvP system - I think we shouldn't add another PvP system that will be "turned on" on ocasion. It might seem that people will just learn two PvP systems, but no, most will just log in and check what PvP system is "turned on" right now. If it's theirs, they will play if not they will log off. Kinda makes me feel less secure as well.. I mean, if we say we're 0.51a then people that come here to play because of this playstyle shouldn't find out that the event is hosted on 0.55b. I myself really support the idea of supplied arena of the PvP that these guys loved, so they can play it when they want , but I think it should be supplied(better not, but if it will be supplied I'm sure people like Lags that know a lot of other "Fizzle-PvPers" would message some old friends that he still has contact to and suggest to create a character to duel few times like in good ol' days Big Grin). Bets are ok as there will always be ways to bet on the duel even without staff help, but no prize from the staff imho because these people still should see a point to learn our PvP system. To attain items or to win tours, well , you know what I mean. Seperating server on two communities that support their PvP style is not a good way to go

IMHO ofc ;p

I didn't mean to imply I'd split my time equally, of course the "normal" server situation is my priority. But I don't think it would be damaging to run the odd fizzle PvP event if the number of people who wanted it justified it. There will of course always be more normal 51a style events and I hope the fizzle guys will embrace that too. But I'm ok with the occasional temporary concession if it makes a bunch of players happy.

I didn't say the events aint good. What I said that you shouldn't be able to attain items or prizes via PvP that isn't the servers PvP. As the time go the people will get used to that as well, and expect it. Now, I'm aware that it's up on you what to host, and it's your decision. I only express my opinion regarding the downsides of the possible outcome. Even just duel arena of "Fizzle-PvP" makes me feeling a bit insecure what might happen, not like many "Fizzle-PvPers" expressed will to learn this PvP now when theres no other option, what will happen once they get arena set up and events going on? I'm still for it, altho I'd like it to be transperent what PvP is here and no ways to earn money via another PvP. Because, like I said, not many people use duel stones now, this way it will be even less. If anything, i'd even go with the abyss and the character classes instead of something like that.