Poll: Should guild looting be legal? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, a crafty thief deserves his plunder
59.57%
59.57%
No, I like carebear rules
40.43%
40.43%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Legalize guild looting petition

Taran Wrote:If you didn't have "freedom of speech" then a lot of topics would have been deleted. Having a voting booth can help us make decisions and we tend to listen to a lot of what the players have to say. But ultimately it's up to me and I've made my decision in this case.

I'm not saying you don't have the last say I'm pretty sure you can quote me on it in a thread where i've said it ultimately comes down to your decision that's fine. But when it was brought up in game there were a lot more people who were interested in this rule being reversed and they were also saying that this rule was very care bare. There words not mine Kennedy probably posted in the first place was because everyone keeps saying how this isn't a care bare server than we have this rule and were not allowed to do this and were not allowed to call the server care bare. Personally I don't care what happens it's up to you like you said but it would be cool to have guild looting but I understand the circumstance why you don't want to add it.

Meloth Wrote:I am quite confused by this thread.
I like Taran's decision as the only way to effectively guild loot is to make an alt and play it up while trying to gain entrance into what ever guild you wish to loot.

I did like on thing that Kennedy said and which I would suggest we do.
Make a list of guilds which is okay with being looted, this is a one time yes no question on a forum, maybe a gump on the guild stone,
people who is all for it can go crazy, the hardcores can fight and loot eachother and the casual miner guild can be recruit newbies and be safe.

Taran doesn't want any guild looting just to clarify in case it was unclear for you.

Quote:"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute
conversation with the average voter."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

At any rate, 17 to 14 is hardly decisive. That's 54% to 46%, so without a full shard voter turnout we can assume that this is split down the middle. In situations like that, it's usually better and easier to leave things as they are than to rewrite the rules again.

I propose we have day off for guards and reds can kill everyone anywhere that day. It can encourage people to read the forums or get raped and looted. Just sayin.

[Image: image011.jpg]

[SIZE="7"]This thread is HOT HOT HOT!!![/SIZE]

Smoke I understood what Taran said.

What I am saying is that I dont think Taran will oppose a guild if it says "We are okay with being house looted" and once it is said it count always.
No taking it back.
Then it is up to the guilds themselves to decide whether to stay in safety or mock opposition.

If they're OK with being looted, they can just not report it when they get looted. Tongue Problem with a list is that it creates another page or thread that we'd have to maintain and adds more complexity to an already complex game.

I think that looting by gaining access through joining a guild is what should not be allowed that way there is no fear in getting members.
Now someone hiding out side and they sneak in because the door was open I think should be fair game.
You have guild boxes and a bank inside a guild house so wtf are you gonna steal ? I don't get how anyone can even steal things if the player is smart in organizing his house and being careful.
Even if you had a gm Tink / Carp make your lockable boxes it will take a few minutes to unlock each chest and loot the place.

The easiest thing is to just say no guild looting. I mean Look at what I just said about guild boxes and banks if you buy those no one can steal anything anyways because the items are in a guild box. Hence the only way to steal from a guild is to join them and make it stupid for guilds to get members.

Why not make a multi-language, in game gump that pops up and takes the poll upon logon? I've seen that on several shards.......that would get everyone involved ^.^

Taran Wrote:With that said, [SIZE="5"]I'm not going to change this rule. Guild looting will always be illegal.[/SIZE] If you want to loot someone that bad then camp outside their house and loot them that way, which is fine as long as it's not a guild.

Kennedy Wrote:Why not make a multi-language, in game gump that pops up and takes the poll upon logon? I've seen that on several shards.......that would get everyone involved ^.^

Ummm

I think what Taran said is the best way. If you can sneak in and loot then by all means do it. Dont join up on a char just to be 2 face.

[Image: 15085%20-%20Abandon_Thread%20animated%20...1318992465]

Kander Wrote:I think what Taran said is the best way. If you can sneak in and loot then by all means do it. Dont join up on a char just to be 2 face.

Actually read again, sneaking in is still illegal too if the house is a guild house, defined as a house with a guild stone which has two or more members.