Poll: Should guild looting be legal? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, a crafty thief deserves his plunder
59.57%
59.57%
No, I like carebear rules
40.43%
40.43%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Legalize guild looting petition

You see Thenu engaging Backpedaling Mode

Kennedy Wrote:A player was jailed today for guild looting. I myself was not aware this was against the rules because it has been happening since day 1 in ultima online.

Guilds should recruit SMARTLY. Guild members should trust one another and should have trial periods for potential members to prove themselves before deemed worthy of joining....much like vampires do with acolytes and shadow mages with shadow apprentices. In my years of playing uo and observing, the BEST and most SUCCESSFUL guilds have always been close, tight knit groups with 10 or below members.

If you zerg random members, you're bound to get a sheister sooner or later people. This IS UO afterall.

Guild infiltration has always been a tactic of good theifs in uo. Gain trust, work your way in and loot the place dry.

If you dont trust players, dont recruit them into your guild and give them access to your guild chests. Dont put anything terribly important in guild chests that you would risk losing FFS! I dont think it gets any more logical than that. This is a pretty carebear rule, and I dread is just a taste of things/changes to come.

Lets all remind ourselves and those around us that this is a FEL shard.

I have proposed several, easy to follow suggestions that would almost ensure you WONT be guild looted and would merit this bunk rule non existent:

-have a buffer zone/halfway guild for members to prove themselves
-Dont zerg random members
-recruit SMARTLY, recruit people you know, recruit people that others can vouch for
-Make members provide their own supplies
-Dont put anything into guildchests you have become emotionally attached to
-Dont use guild chests
-Dont be in/run a guild

WOW! It's magic! Honestly, uo is not a new game....players should know what they're getting into when they play, or make choices to start/run with a guild.

Smart Guy. Agreed.

I swear its them damn sea serps.

sKunk is free and has been for a long time, I let him out as soon as he logged back in and we had a chance to chat, he was probably inconvenienced for about 10 minutes.

It looks like the "Yes" votes may be winning out so far. I'm all for less work.

Isn't this what Guild Doors were made for? Items in the house can still be locked down, but guild members can still enter, am i correct? If thats the case, then items they don't want touched should be locked and things they want accessible for new players, can be unlocked.

Habibi Jones Wrote:No guild would recruit anyone if it was "legal" to guild loot.

sucks that you have 22 members in your guild now huh Tongue?

i dont see the need for this rule, real uo players know that there are already things in place that allow the punishment for guild looters (and any ohter awesome people).

its called revenge. tahts the beauty of UO, you can get revenge to the extent that you wish it. if someone pulls this crap on you, go to his house, place 10 around his so hes never safe or he has to move it. if he moves it, find it again and do the same (if you dont know where his house is... dam you reallyl deserved to get looted). make his uo life miserable to the point where he doesnt like playing anymore or you got a profit of takin his pixels.

tbh, why cry of pixels, the only worthstuff he could have looted were weapons and stocked pvp chit, the rest is useless. oh he took a chair? who cares, its a bloody chair, it adds nothing to game play. oh he took an awesome weapon that you didnt put away in your bank box? good job, i would have done the same, and on top, your an idiot.

TBH its only decorators that cry about this as any reasonable personw ouldnt decorate their house, its a bloody waste of time. oh, you gave him co-ownership and he took all the dye tubs that you worked so hard for and wanted to share with your (TRUSTED) guild members? GJ, your an idiot, this is UO "RULE OF THUMB = DONT TRUST ANYONE", and you deserve to get looted for that.

hope i was helpfull Smile

byes

Brandon Wrote:You see Thenu engaging Backpedaling Mode

rofl i love it, who are you ingame?

Has the quality of the playerbase really dropped this low?

Venos Wrote:Has the quality of the playerbase really dropped this low?
Pretty much standard internet fare, I think.

Venos Wrote:Has the quality of the playerbase really dropped this low?

sKunk has a penchant for killing miners at Mt Kendall. He'll paralyze, create a stone wall square, and then summon a demon. He'll then stand there like a dope until he has banked his ill-gotten ingots. Day before yesterday he managed to die by what I can only assume was his own energy vortex. I managed to loot his reg bag and a recall rune. I gave the bag of regs to Ayleth and kept the rune.

Yesterday I saw him outside the mine after he had managed to kill another miner. I quickly ran to the bank to gather my pouch containing a few regs and a spear. I went to the mine and saw he was gone. I then recalled to his safe spot which I learned of after looting the recall rune earlier. He was standing out in the open AFK as a criminal. I quickly dispatched him with a few blows from my spear. I obtained nearly 100 of each reg and 100 bandages.

I recalled to Britain bank and a newly blue sKunk appeared. He began to shout for the guards. sKunk quickly realized his attempt was futile so he ran away.

He's a special person.