Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anonymous Death Matches?

Currently, Death Matches seem to just be group gank fest. Would it be possible to somehow add anonymity to the current setup?

I know if would still be possible to setup groups once in the DM, but it would surely slow the process down. I'm not sure if this has been discussed already.

Hmm I like this idea.

Everyone could have the same name and I could disable party while in the DM. Guildchat wouldn't work since they would all be named the same.
I guess they could just decide before joining that they equip a weird weapon or stand in a certain corner etc. But it would still be hard to keep track of who's who I think.

Well personally I don't see why people wouldn't attack their own guild mates you get more kills out of it and have a higher chance at winning. Prototype only started doing it because habibi and his guild started doing it to me, so what we did is pushed back and I haven't even seen them in a DM since.. I don't think it's a really needed fix I can start causing people to gank in my guild or chase me if it's that big of a problem. The only thing I'd say that needs a fix is young players being able to join because there skills aren't high enough and they're basically a free kill then they go afk and people just kill the afks.. Maybe add a certain skill point level to enter the dm? and kick idlers after 1-2 mins duno if this is possible though?

all i know is whenever i join that i get triple Flamestriked...normally from prototype so im am def for it... cause the teaming up is getting ridiculous

Good idea.

sm0ke Wrote:Well personally I don't see why people wouldn't attack their own guild mates you get more kills out of it and have a higher chance at winning. Prototype only started doing it because habibi and his guild started doing it to me, so what we did is pushed back and I haven't even seen them in a DM since.. I don't think it's a really needed fix I can start causing people to gank in my guild or chase me if it's that big of a problem. The only thing I'd say that needs a fix is young players being able to join because there skills aren't high enough and they're basically a free kill then they go afk and people just kill the afks.. Maybe add a certain skill point level to enter the dm? and kick idlers after 1-2 mins duno if this is possible though?

Have I ever told you that you're a retard? DM is a gank fest... I don't join it anymore because it's the opposite of fun, running around a 25 person cluster **** trying to get last hits on people is not my idea of fun. I know you love it though, so keep at it. This thread has nothing to do with me, don't bring me up just to bring me up. DM takes 0 skill, and I don't find it fun, so that's why you don't see me in it anymore. If it makes you feel any better though, yes you have beaten me into submission and I am now too afraid to enter a DM because I fear you and your guild of noobs :/

edit: on topic, that's a really cool idea.

Habibi Jones Wrote:Have I ever told you that you're a retard? DM is a gank fest... I don't join it anymore because it's the opposite of fun, running around a 25 person cluster **** trying to get last hits on people is not my idea of fun. I know you love it though, so keep at it. This thread has nothing to do with me, don't bring me up just to bring me up. DM takes 0 skill, and I don't find it fun, so that's why you don't see me in it anymore. If it makes you feel any better though, yes you have beaten me into submission and I am now too afraid to enter a DM because I fear you and your guild of noobs :/

edit: on topic, that's a really cool idea.

It wasn't directed to be a low blow or anything was just pointing out that you did the same when we first started macroing ganking us 6v2, but yeah dm is suppose to be like that a big ffa with whoever try to escape and it's just a cluster **** but it's always been like that

edit: but yeah would be nice to see idlers getting kicked after 1-2 mins and prevent young players from joining until they have their skills imo :/

A perfect example as to why there should be certain skill requirements to join the DM... (People with no resist/healing/magery/eval int or have the Young tag..) Also there NEEDS to be some sort of afk kicker :/ People get upset and just go afk or either are new and just go afk and it ruins it COMPLETELY. I mean just look when I target one person specifically the whole game.. One person can ruin the whole DM.

[Image: vybkbb.jpg]

I agree kick the afkers but I don't think it's a great idea to prevent young players from participating in events.

EDIT: My reasoning is that we want to encourage young players to participate and stay on the shard.

Azzo Wrote:I agree kick the afkers but I don't think it's a great idea to prevent young players from participating in events.

EDIT: My reasoning is that we want to encourage young players to participate and stay on the shard.

True, maybe increase every players resistance/magery/healing skill in that region to 100 then? I duno at this point :S as soon as they see [YOUNG] they jump on them

I support this idea along with giving players full hp when they spawn

sm0ke Wrote:True, maybe increase every players resistance/magery/healing skill in that region to 100 then? I duno at this point :S as soon as they see [YOUNG] they jump on them

That might be a good solution. If the staff would rather not give free skills (even temporarily), an alternative may be to remove the [young] tag from player names in events.