Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Optimizing Macros!

Gibran Wrote:I use my 17 button mouse for most of them.

He actually has a 17 button mouse.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

Maximus[Nazgul] from Flint Hills

I play on laptop but I use an external USB Keybord. Better Big Grin

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

F1 -> last target
F2 -> Harm
F3 -> teleport
F4 -> paralize
F5 -> Invisiviliti / targetself
F6 -> magic arrow / target self
F7 -> Dagger, use item type, for cut body
F8 -> Resurrection the more near dead
F9 -> Cure / target self
F10 -> Heal / target self
F11 -> greater heal / target self
F12 -> bandage self / target self

ª\º -> Grater heal potios
1 -> Mana potion
2 -> refresh potion

Alt+Q -> magic reflection / target self
Alt + W -> protection / target self
Alt + E -> provocation
Alt + R -> peacemacking
Alt + T -> animal taming
Alt + Y -> meditation
Alt + M -> stealth
Alt + B -> Take the falg in ctf

Shift + N -> meditation with loop
Shift + A -> last object
Shift + S -> Last object / last target

Insert -> lighting scrols / last target
Inicio -> NOS Fs scrolls / last target
Re. Pag -> XUO Fs scrolls / last target
Fin -> GH scrolls / target self
Av. Pag -> Magic reflection scrolls / target self
Supr -> Recall

Bloq. num:

0 -> Spam
3 -> greater heal / absolute target (for heal friend)
4 -> GH scrolls / absolute target
5 -> magic reflection scrolls / absolute target
7 -> GH scrolls / absolute target
8 -> magic reflection scrolls / absolute target

have some more macros but is not relevant

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess I'll post my new setup too

Code:
ALT+1 - NOS FS (enemy)
ALT+2 - XUO FS (enemy)
ALT+3 - Light scroll (enemy)
ALT+4 - Pick enemy target
ALT+Q - GH spell self
ALT+W - GH scroll self
ALT+E - Bandage self
ALT+R - Heal spell self
ALT+A - Mana pot
ALT+S - Heal pot
ALT+D - Reflect self
ALT+F - Reflect self (scroll)
ALT+< - Recall (rune)
ALT+§ - opendoor

CTRL+1 - Wall of stone
CTRL+2 - Para (enemy)
CTRL+3 - Clumsy (enemy)
CTRL+4 - Pick friendly target
CTRL+Q - GH friendly
CTRL+W - GH scroll friendly
CTRL+E - res friendly
CTRL+R - res anyone
CTRL+A - cut
CTRL+S - MA self
CTRL+D - Reflect friendly
CTRL+F - Reflect scroll friendly
CTRL+Z - Stealth
CTRL+X - Meditate

§ - Attack last
< - Invis spell
APPS - resend
Got some other macros too but I usually run them by typing the command or they are ones I don't use much.

Kamos Wrote:I guess I'll post my new setup too

Code:
ALT+1 - NOS FS (enemy)
ALT+2 - XUO FS (enemy)
ALT+3 - Light scroll (enemy)
ALT+4 - Pick enemy target
ALT+Q - GH spell self
ALT+W - GH scroll self
ALT+E - Bandage self
ALT+R - Heal spell self
ALT+A - Mana pot
ALT+S - Heal pot
ALT+D - Reflect self
ALT+F - Reflect self (scroll)
ALT+< - Recall (rune)
ALT+§ - opendoor

CTRL+1 - Wall of stone
CTRL+2 - Para (enemy)
CTRL+3 - Clumsy (enemy)
CTRL+4 - Pick friendly target
CTRL+Q - GH friendly
CTRL+W - GH scroll friendly
CTRL+E - res friendly
CTRL+R - res anyone
CTRL+A - cut
CTRL+S - MA self
CTRL+D - Reflect friendly
CTRL+F - Reflect scroll friendly
CTRL+Z - Stealth
CTRL+X - Meditate

§ - Attack last
< - Invis spell
APPS - resend
Got some other macros too but I usually run them by typing the command or they are ones I don't use much.

According to me, these are some good macros. I would personally choose a few different actions on those keys, but I really think this is a good base. I'd also make sure that I got my fingers on my 8 most used actions (without moving my hand). That is, thumb on key modifiers (alt or ctrl) and the rest of the fingers on what ever feels comfertable for your hand.

I am left-handed xD

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Didn't notice it earlier but it might be a good idea to use some of those hotkeys without modifiers kamos. Like 1-4 +- alt is a way to keep your hand on 8 actions without even moving.

EG:
1: Heal self
2: Bandage self
3: Healpot
4: Heal scroll self

Alt + 1: Light Last
Alt + 2: XUO pre (what ever way you choose to do it, i often use bandages so its good to have it on alt +2)
Alt + 3: XUO last
Alt + 4: NOS Last

Adding the mouse we got:
Scroll Up: Arrow (not with last, but to target)
Scroll Down: SPECIAL (scripted) XUO precast macro.

Scroll Up + alt: Arrow last
Scroll Down + alt: Mana pot

You can then add anything (reflect, cut, aid) to your other mouse buttons (+-modifiers) without much problem, but when using the scroll, remember that you should only have macros that you can afford to cast more than once. Eg, you don't really want an XUO scroll last macro on the scroll cause if you happen to scroll up more than once, you are dead:p

That is why I wrote SPECIAL, cause if you want a dangerous macro on the scroll, make sure it doesn't run more than once.

Those are not entirely my [1v1] macros, but somewhat close. The basis is that if you are holding alt then you're ready to attack, if you let it go, you are in defense mode. You can also change them around if you find that your pinky is not fast enough to be on the VERY important heal macros. One idea to put on 1 is bandage self and XUO pre.

You're all crazy!!!!!!

I prefer using my F1-F12 keys so a macro doesn't accidently go off when I'm talking to someone in town. And mouse wheel up/down for those really urgent spells like greater heal scroll. Since my other hand moves a lot I want quick access to it no matter where my hand is. Probably not the best thing for going between keys since they're far apart, but I like it.

If I really want to, I'll set something like hiding or detect hidden to #s 1,2 since using that kinda skill won't really affect me if i press it by accident.

The number keys seem like a nice addition. Thanks for the tip. I just wish injection had one feature that razor has: disabling/enabling your hotkeys on the fly if you need those number keys to type.

I don't really use spells or a weapon to target. None of my macros target "last". They target a specific object for a quick swap between healing a partner (would become last target) and for example FSing an enemy. With last target, you'd need to retarget after healing a friend or you'd FS him.

I'm still getting used to these keys. This setup already feels great for gank events (ctf, dm, cw) but I'm still not used to the keys for dueling.

i use f1-f12
1-+ symbol
and like 7-8 letter keys on my keyboard
7 on the numpad

and i type with shift in game, a small price to pay so that i can acess my macros easily

Holy Shit Maka!!! That is gold right there, I am feeling that setup!! One thing though, how do you script the XUO precast? Like does it use, lightning, aid and xuo all at once in a single script with injection?

With the SPECIAL precast I meant that you are to make it so that it only executes once. The reason for this is that it is very easy to hit a macro more than once with the mouse scroll, having dangerous macros (such as a precast) therefor requires some kind of protection.

A way to do it might be to use mana/HP checks, or even a timer. The precast is fully up to you, I how ever only had one precast macro scripted, and it was interruptible.

The macro essentially clicked a light, took a bandage and waited for the last sec before using a XUO scroll. I didn't use it much besides when I got lazy as its dangerous to determine if you want to precast that long beforehand.

Anyways, the ways I precasted was:
- With bandages, when I've been hit to like 93-99ish (sometimes even below if I'm sure the person wont fs).
- With greater heal, if I've been hit to like 80 ish (I can't really remember the math, but essentially I used GHeal to precast if the precast damage + my current damage + the health from the heal landed me above 92).
- With light from full HP if my opponent is running out of mana.
- With reflect when I'm getting a hit, making it look like a big hit.

Not sure if those things help, both the macros and the way you precast is very personal. I can just give some logical reason to why certain macros are better than others, but at the end of the day, its all up to preference and being able to hit as many keys as you can as fast as possible.