Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PvP Reward Stone

It's not like they would be cheap and everyone would have their max durability at 9999. It would merely be an option to polish up a favorite weapon or piece of armor. Chances are I would make the price of something like this between 1-4 tour tickets.

Quote:Maybe a polymorph wepon deed, like something you use on your wepon and it make it looks like another one ( Be able to chose SE and ML wepons).

Of course the propriets gonna stay the same, if its two handed dosnt care if you chosed a katana to polimorph it, it still gonna be 2 handed, and atack power also stay same and alsso atack speed.

This would be a neat idea and is actually doable but the thing is, certain people can't see the newer weapons... though I think if they cant see it, it just looks like an old weapon, which might defeat the purpose as most people like to acquire things just to show them off :p However up to date clients would be able to see them just fine.

I agree with Luda - making items have higher durability makes people hunt or mine less to find that super awesome item to put them 1 cut above the rest of the shard.

Shade can you correct me if I'm wrong on this - the way item durability works is say it has 10/10, as you use it it goes down to 1/10, at that point you repair it and it goes to 9/9, you use it and it goes down to 1/9, then 8/8 and so on until it's 1/1 at which point when it reaches 0/1 it breaks. If I use a bunch of these tickets to increase my durability to 200 wouldn't it do the same and last for a lifetime?

Thats like saying don't add banks because I can put an item in there and it will last for a lifetime. You make it sound like if you up the durability then you can't lose it lol.

Are you going to up an items durability and then stash it away never using it, thus defeating the purpose of the "upgrade" in the first place? Yeah then it might last forever.

Are you going to up the durability on an item because you like that specific item and don't feel like swapping weapons anymore? Then you have the same chance of losing it as any other item.

And like I said, the prize wouldn't be 1 team ticket so you could buy hundreds, it would be one of the more expensive prizes.

When you repair an item it has a chance to lose durability. I don't have an exact number but from my tests ingame I'm guessing the propability is around 50%. So, if you repair something at 24/50 durability it might be at 50/50 after the repair or at 49/49 depending if you lose a point or not.

still not a good prize in my eyes, but hey if u feel adding prizes will make people play then go ahead.

and before u ask me for my input, u alrdy know it and if not check the million skillgain threads.

Leaving an item in a bank means you can't use it or even show it off by putting it on your house roof so that just makes it useless, unlike upping the durability and using it whether that's only in tours (in which case you can't lose it from getting killed) or hunting/pvping where you have a chance of losing it.

I really don't see what you're arguing here... you're negating your own comments.

Thanks Malik - so it might not immediately lose it's max durability but there's a chance. Even more of a reason not to add increase durability deeds since you can maybe repair the items a few times without losing durability.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Thanks Malik - so it might not immediately lose it's max durability but there's a chance. Even more of a reason not to add increase durability deeds since you can maybe repair the items a few times without losing durability.

Well, Max time I got repairing my bw before it cant get repaired anymore was 5.

Shade Wrote:This would be a neat idea and is actually doable but the thing is, certain people can't see the newer weapons... though I think if they cant see it, it just looks like an old weapon, which might defeat the purpose as most people like to acquire things just to show them off :p However up to date clients would be able to see them just fine.

I tought anyone with UO ML installed could see any of the new wepons not depending of the client patch.

But even if tjey cant see its they fault, I cant see Solen Hiven cause I dont upgraded my client to 6+ , but Hey its MY fault just cause I cant see you going to remove it from world?

Some kind of repair deed is a good idea from my standpoint, but 4 tour tickets isn't a good price for thatSmile I mean it would be cheaper to buy new bard or whatever of someone instead of repairing it. Even 1 tour ticket to replenish 10% of durability is too much, there just no such PvP weapon/part of armor what would worth 10 tourney tickets. It always will be cheaper to buy new one, unless we're talking about r/r weapon ofcourse, but there just a few of them, and that would be even less useful prize than war bear for 15 tourney tickets.

Well, I was just pitching an idea since nobody else was suggesting anything. Seems like being negative is the cool new thing all these kids are into these days.

Anyways, feel free to suggest ideas for prizes or even simply the cost of prizes suggested.

@Ryuuku
I just wanted to make sure that people would see some sort of weapon. It would suck having someone walk up to you, punch you in the face and find out that their fist actually = a hally. Though I did some checking and it seems that the weapons just show up as typical weapons if you don't have UO updated/correct version installed. Like a double bladed staff was just a staff, a lance was a spear, etc. So this might be doable, the question is, would anyone else like this? :p

You're being negative, I liked the rewardSmile I was just saying that 1 tour ticket is too much... I personally like the price like 3 team tickets, but I know it will be too little for most of people and they will dislike it, since PvPers won't buy anything of em, but my opinion is that as a PvPer you should be able to replenish the durability of ur PvP device if u just won a tour with it;p and honestly not everyone will spend 3 team tickets everytime his weapon loses some durability. I'd rather to buy brand new +20 vanq bard for 150-200k

Gang-Bang Wrote:I'd rather to buy brand new +20 vanq bard for 150-200k

yes but some of us ownz a +25 vanq bardiche Rolleyes

not me. . Sad

- regards, Fable

Can't wait for the new rewards.

Here's some suggestions;

Hair dye of chosen hue (One use)
Facial hair dye of chosen hue (One use)
Hair & facial hair dye of chosen hue (One use)
Random leather dye tub
Leather dye of chosen hue (One use)
Mount dye of chosen hue (This wouldn't be cheap, of course.)

[Image: sigpicc123.png]