Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House Contest

Hello, now I've finally taken the time to show you my absolutely fantastic house. This house is simply every man's dream... I am so lucky I have it.

Well well... Lets go there;

On my way to my house, I am met by the most gorgeous surroundings you can imagine. A hedge maze filled with beautiful flowers, statues, apple trees and cute stone benches. Such relaxing athmosphere as this, can't problably be found anywhere else.
[Image: houseonmyway.png]

Here I arrive to my house. Cute, isn't it? Let's go inside, shall we?
[Image: housearriving.png]

The first thing I see, when entering my house is the piano. As you may know, I'm IN:X's premier pianist and what could be better for a pianist to see on his first sight if not a piano?
[Image: insidef.png]

There are not many times I can walk inside my house without playing a few pieces on my piano first... this time was no exception.
[Image: housepiano.png]

Well ok, enough... I can't sit at my piano all day, I got a house to show. I'm walking up the stairs and I get to the main hall. A fine copper sculputre of a lady, dancing of joy. I love this statue, no matter how sad I am, looking at this statue will always make me happier. It really shows the good sides of life. The statue is surrounded by the twelve alchemical symbols. This is by no doubt the inner sanctum. It really gives soul to my house.

[Image: housemain.png]

Walking left will get me to my library. Here I have a large book collection, which have grown big trough the years, starting from a long time ago from my antestors. Here I have books for my lifetime, and so far, I haven't found anything uninteresting yet...

[Image: housebooks.png]

I spend many hours a week, sitting down this bench, reading books. I find it very relaxing and relieving.
[Image: houseread.png]

In the right part of my house, I have two big windows, both with nice views. Here I often stand and think and philosophise... Great cure for your soul, I tell you.

[Image: lookingout.png]

When I'm not playing the piano, reading books or philosophise, I have my garden to get rid of some energy... and that I do with total pleasure. I will quote a chinese saying, "Pleasure for one hour, a bottle of wine. Pleasure for one year a marriage; but pleasure for a lifetime, a garden."

[Image: housegarden.png]

So... I guess that's it. All I have to say about your judging is that, no matter what you say, or decide, this will always be the most beautiful place in whole Britannia for me.

This house is my dream come true. Thank you for your time. I'll end this with two full view pictures of my house.

[Image: house1.png]

[Image: houseoutside.png]

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Very nice house Lederoil, it truly must be a house fit for those with great minds to philosophize about the world's dilemmas if you have to run the course of a maze to get there! How in the world do you manage your way home after a night at a tavern?

I do have to say that the swampy area in the back of your house does take away from the property value Wink (no, I won't take points away).

Participants so far:
Luda
Lederoil

When can I claim my prize?

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

lol shade's house is just outside of Shame, i go there all the time to sleep in his bed.

OH btw, can i enter the contest with my guild house?

Lederoil Wrote:When can I claim my prize?

I said I would give minimum 2 weeks and maybe another week or two if there's enough people.

Theo Wrote:lol shade's house is just outside of Shame, i go there all the time to sleep in his bed.

OH btw, can i enter the contest with my guild house?

Yes, all houses are valid as long as they are on INX.

woah woah my little house OWNS leds house CMON NOW

This is the last week to enter your house!!!!

I'm obviously not going to award myself a prize but here's my house (Jackal if you love my house you can still give me your prize though :p):

Welcome to my house! It's truly a house of a merchant and you'll see why as I give you the grand tour!

[Image: housepicture4.png]

As you approach the house you're greeted by two of the most ferocious dragons who ever walked the earth; R. Daneel Olivaw and R. Giskard Reventlov. As you climb the steps behind these dragons you will see some small statues honoring mythical figures from an ancient earth society. The statues are as follows; Mercury (the Messenger of the Gods), Vulcan (the Smith God), Mars (the God of War), and finally Plutus (the God of Wealth). Off to the sides of these stairs you will notice elegant arches surrounding two small balconies that remain bare so as to not distract the guards while they stand there on the lookout for bandits who wish to pillage my house.

[Image: housepicture1.png]

When you open the giant gleaming metal doors you see what appears to be a rather plain room. A keen eye will notice they enter to a house made entirely out of only the finest granite money can buy along with a luxurious oak chair off to one side of the room. This chair is perfect to sit in and relax for a few short minutes after walking to the house through the long trail between two mountains.

[Image: housepicture0.png]

Let me first show you the lowest level of my house; an area the merchants of Britannia drool upon seeing. As you can see by looking in the different sections there is always something going on. A Scholar inscribing scrolls with the most powerful of magic spells, a Tailor making the finest cloth in all of Britannia, and an area for several Blacksmiths to hone their skills and forge the strongest of all armors.

[Image: housepicture2.png]

Now let us climb two flights of stairs to a more enjoyable scene. What you have here is an indoor garden with all the tools needed; a seedbox to store the seeds grown from the most beautiful of plants, a water pitcher to precisely water and tend the plants, and a plant bowl filled with fresh dirt ready for a new seed to be planted.

[Image: housepicture3.png]

Finally let us go to the roof. In the center of the roof you have two cozy chairs where you can sit with a colleague and plan your next adventure on the miniature globe of Britannia, or you can relax with a loved one and watch the sun set off to the west over the mountains, a truly beautiful site, while listening to the gentle waters of the recycling waterfall just below. For now I don't take the time to enjoy either of these luxuries, instead I look to the south to see if someone followed me home. The rest of the roof has items scattered across it that I collected throughout my travels to all the corners of Britannia and a wide range of armors fit for everyone from a lowly peasant to a king!

PS: Friday July 17th is the last day to enter unless you message me saying you will put up your photos 1-2 days after this (so Sunday by the latest but only if you message me). That's as far as I'm willing to extend it unless Jackal wants to really get more people before he gives out his prize.

woot #1 prize is mine it looks like Big Grin

LudaKrishna Wrote:woot #1 prize is mine it looks like Big Grin

Right... Rolleyes

um he doesn't own the hedges, and even if he does this is about a house.

now if i see in the house his has a piano and that's it, the bookshelf is empty LOL

now look at mine, i got containers everywhere and 3 beautiful tubs (not to mention a wheatsheet! )

The bookshelf is empty cause that's UO graphics for ya...

And I can see the difference between a house and hedges Luda. Just like I don't own the tree and mountains next to my house but it still looks nice.