Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Whats the point of making everything so hard?

Maka Wrote:I don't think that is a good idea. Reason to why is cause we know that you can die in a group fight in less than 5 secs. There, time is possibly even more important than a 1v1, so to make spells good and usable vs naked, they would still need to make almost FS damage. If they don't make FS damage, the naked guys will fs the EBers, kill them before they run out of mana. You'll see the naked guys victorious again. If we make it as good as FS then naked people would still have an equal chance on killing the geared so the only thing left to do would be to increase the damage over 46. That I do how ever think would be imbalanced.

Well we also all know that if we would make ebolts take half the mana FS takes, have no disadvantages, be faster to cast, and make as much dmg as a FS, then that would make players wear an armor, at least I would. Heck I probably would wear one already if somebody actually realized how good ebolts are and started using them.

Anyways, I don't think your suggestion is "bad" if properly balanced, but I think that it's unnecessary when it's so easy to make people wear armor just by doing what I said above. I wouldn't want the ebolt to make 50+ dmg either and be "overpowered", but I would just want to make it a faster and cheaper FS-dmg-spell so ppl would have to wear armor or they'd be in trouble even if time is very important. What would you prefer? Be able to cast 3 fs .. or be able to cast.. like .. 6 or more with an mana pot? ;p

Either way, keep thinking about your suggestion if you want to, if you can make it very balanced then I might be OK with it, but I still prefer mine, and it takes a lot less affort to do as well. Plus it's more sphere-ish to me, this armor-feature does not feel very sphere to me at all, and we are still trying to be a sphere replica after all.

Regards,
Hate

Kitiara Wrote:1º Maka the problem in economy is there isn't much money almost i see that.

Prices are high and there isn't much money to spend.

What exactly is the problem you see with the economy? I have asked you this before and you just skip over my post and don't even respond...

How is it a problem that everyone doesn't have a lot of money to spend? Usually players say the economy is bad when everyone has 100 million in their banks and can buy anything they want. To me, the less money there is on a server the better because then you can't have every single item in the world and have to make decisions on what you want to buy more.

Maybe if you played more you would have more money, or maybe if you did something different you would have more money. I don't play very much and in the last month or so I have probably made over 200k selling scrolls and cloth to players. It doesn't take long to do this kind of stuff, and you can just leave your character macroing while you read a book or watch a tv show.

Kitiara Wrote:2º What happens with shields and protection spell?

Invul shield + protection = 36 armor.

what happens with that?

full invul set + invul shield + protection = 94 armor I think...
Then for having any bonus we will have to have more than 36 armor than the opponent? (otherwise 2handed weapons will be nerfed)

I was gonna bring up the same point, that someone will just equip a kite shield and get what, another 8 armor from it? And now their plate set is 38 defense instead of 30. Of course the person wearing mytheril or higher can also equip a shield but compared to the type of armor they are wearing, the armor bonus from wearing a shield won't be as significant. Ex: 8 armor added to 30 is about 25% more armor but 8 armor added to 53 is about 15% more armor.

I guess it's all good in the end if you want people to carry more gear on them when ganking, and it will also make some one-handed weapons more popular which is also something people are asking for.

What I like about the example maka gave of how armor could make a difference for spell damage is that the guy in the best armor vs the guy in the worst armor doesn't get an FS to do 50 or more damage so 2 well timed fs won't kill the guy which is what Hate was saying would be a problem.

I'm not entirely sure I like this concept though since in a tour someone could wear their full invul set against a new guy in just plate armor and adjusting to a new shard is hard enough and now we're giving an advantage to the guy that has been playing on the shard for x number of years and is a pvp master.

I'm sure that we can figure out something that makes this fair for all, new and old players.

We all know what happened last time, the playerbase going down blablabla. 10 people playing who's where satishfied. well that will happen again if you dont meet this players needs. alright so we want the players to be happy on this shard. how can we do that? well maybe you can build ingame somekind of voting system. you can ask players what they think and see what they want. so if you ghot any suspision on why the playerbase is dropping you can find out this way.

Kitiara Wrote:1º Maka the problem in economy is there isn't much money almost i see that.

2º What happens with shields and protection spell?

Invul shield + protection = 36 armor.

what happens with that?

full invul set + invul shield + protection = 94 armor I think...
Then for having any bonus we will have to have more than 36 armor than the opponent? (otherwise 2handed weapons will be nerfed)

Prices are high? What would you consider prices being high on? I'm trying to sell items out of treasure chests and maps and such, and everything that comes out of them is basically worthless. It's not worth my time, which is what I enjoy doing in UO, so doing it here is kind of pointless and painful.

The only thing I see prices "high" on are "max" bardiches and extreme armor pieces. It's like if it's not that, then it's crap, and therefore not worthy of buying. I guess because it's not the best you can use in PvP, which I can understand if everyone's pockets are loaded and you don't have to buy anything else. The market for everything else, which languishes in our bank boxes or house, or even things we just trash straight out of loot, the market for those things is zilch.

Koll Brightlance:Crafter Extraordinaire

Coldsteel Hunter: Treasure Hunter and Thrillseeker

Let me clarify something.

I've said multiple times that the numbers I wrote are just there to explain the concept. I've also said that it wouldn't be a huge bonus and that it would not disrupt the majority of the PvP. I just wanted to know if people could even accept the idea, that is why I wrote about an unfinished concept.

Now on to point two. I've been programming for a long time, playing UO even longer. I essentially know about most the stuff here, and I'm quite experienced with PvP. If I did something like this, it would be good and it would have limits. Shields would most likely not be counted, protection spell would definitely not be and chances are, neither would exceptional stuff. The current condition of the armor will probably be ignored too, so if an armor is damaged, it will count it as it was repaired.

There you go, you have some more unfinished ideasTongue I think I got the input I needed, but I'm still open to suggestions. Just don't worry, if this is implemented, it will NOT ruin our PvP. Only thing it would do is enforce armor in ganking.

And personally, EBs are pretty good already. There is a reason to why people do not use them, and that is cause they do not kill fast enough. You can't allow your opponent to have a breathing pause in a gank, cause if you do, they can get on top of you. I do not think the solution is to make EB as good as FS, but it might be an idea to improve on it.

Then we'd have to know the "base value" of each armor... I feel like the change itself is too much of a change... And I completely agree with Hate that there are much more natural and better ways to get people to wear armor during ganks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you really think that? I mean, for e.g mana pots are being sold for a price close to their production cost and you think that the price is high? What should they do? Make them and give them to you? What about armours? They are sold for like 10/12k. Its ridiculous. After all this time I have realized that the only thing worth selling is the bardiches.

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.

maka Wrote:Now on to point two. I've been programming for a long time, playing UO even longer. I essentially know about most the stuff here, and I'm quite experienced with PvP. If I did something like this, it would be good and it would have limits. Shields would most likely not be counted, protection spell would definitely not be and chances are, neither would exceptional stuff. The current condition of the armor will probably be ignored too, so if an armor is damaged, it will count it as it was repaired.

My concern in this scenario where it's not your actual AR rating is then what if someone is wearing a mixed set of armor? For example all extreme armor except with a black rock helm, or a lower ranked helm?

Eighty Swords Wrote:My concern in this scenario where it's not your actual AR rating is then what if someone is wearing a mixed set of armor? For example all extreme armor except with a black rock helm, or a lower ranked helm?

^ Yeah. You will never know what ar people have in duels or expect a mini heal in gank while your partner ghs u or scrolls you to survive a certain dump because you have no idea howmuch dmg bonuses they have over you since they are wearing a xtreme helm black rock body black diamond legs daemon arms and mythril gloves.

Hates idea is simple looks like it can work i havnt put much thought on it but simple things that have the same outcome is always better then something complicated.

Ive been ganking on xuo pvp for a while now and it gets boring sometimes.. always just looting scrolls.. it will be the same eventually always looting armor. Eventually you wouldnt even pick them up since they will be like the regs when you gank... pretty much "worthless" to you. Im sure people here who also ganks / ganked a lot know what I mean.

This isnt really sphere'ish but its a fun idea I came up with to change ganking a little and give different dump combinations other then perfectly timed fs + light or harm + fs. Make certain "special" armors with like 10ar a set or even less so they will be worthless in 1v1 duels but good in gank for this reason: Some special armors can have a bonus that would make your poison spell unable to be healed through so you would throw this in your dumps like you fs poison your friend fs lights etc. You would have to start carrying cure pots on you and this would add a new armors that people has been wanting. Or have an armor that resists a little fs damage so instead of doing 46 on you it does 40 or 42. or makes your light do 20-22 dmg. So if you know your opponent is using the armor that resists fs a little you will put on the one which increases dmg to light so the dmg he resists is canceled out by the extra dmg on your lights.. small tricks like these. Makes your reflect spell/scroll reflect the spell + 50% more dmg. Again this is just a few of the special types of armors im thinking about.. if this idea was considered you could think of others..
These armors would have unique colors so people will know what they are instantly and only function with the full set. Again they will have almost no def or you could make it so they have 0 def then they would not function in 1v1s either and specificly for ganks. These armors would be hard to get but of course not as hard as a set of Adam... Im thinking prices of like 50k a set for these. I would use them. Loot will be better. Good profits for the crafters of these armors. Pvp will be the same you will just have to learn the tricks to fight different enemies.. instead of always the same old "On him rdy? Fs" it will be more fun and more "skill" involved I believe.

Edit: And for a weapon.. like an Xbow or example could do close to no damage but has a 50% chance to dismount you so you cant run around and dodge spells etc. This would be risky since those seconds your waiting for a hit through your bow your enemies could be dumping you.. So it will require some skill.. like in between casts you shoot and try a dismount.. you would have more stuff to worry about and to time. (This weapon idea isn't the main thing I want to get out there the above ^is so if you feel you dont like this one dont reject the entire post)

And if someone doesnt want to risk 50k ganking for this nothing will change.. they know what their spell dmg is.. and howmuch dmg they recieve from certain spells. If they do happen to encounter an enemy that is risking loot with a special armor they know what it does since im sure it would be listed on the website. and it wouldnt be something HUGE and overpowered since its not like if you wear this your fs does 50dmg.. plus if you want to cancel out certain bonuses use a armor with similar bonus like i metioned. This wouldnt be EVERYwhere also.. A lot of people dont have much confidence to gank with 50k armor or around there. again that price I came up from the top of my head.. You will actually be happy to loot this too.. and actually care if you die.

Im sure some people will feel a little edgy about this but think about it.. It would change ONLY ganking up a little the xuo pvp is still there.. It will add more skill to ganking. (IF your fighting someone with it) A lot more fun IMO. Help the economy... All im asking is dont be close minded. I believe a change like this would be good and a nice thing to try out.

No life is complicated only if you make it to be

[Image: 1t27gdviiokfmncbdgmg.gif]

I'll think a bit more on my idea, and meanwhile I'll see if we can get a bump and implement hates and see how it works:p

Bad part with hates is that it doesn't really add value to armor in a 1v1, and I'm not super happy about that. Maybe we can make it so that EB always looks at armor diffrence and only makes a lot of DMG when the AR difference is high.

maka Wrote:I'll think a bit more on my idea, and meanwhile I'll see if we can get a bump and implement hates and see how it works:p

Bad part with hates is that it doesn't really add value to armor in a 1v1, and I'm not super happy about that. Maybe we can make it so that EB always looks at armor diffrence and only makes a lot of DMG when the AR difference is high.

Don't we need good armors in 1vs1 right now? Armor is needed in 1vs1 now for melee combat, so I don't see the problem at all.
In fact, EB costs half the mana than FS does, so you will not want to suffer the same pain from an EB than from a FS (In the case we make EB = FS to a naked character), so people dueling naked will disappear.