Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please Read.

Good to see the forums are keeping up with the usual since I last visited...

I skimmed through the 5 pages since my last post here and see the same thing.

Player A says the problem is pvp
Player B says pvp is fine, skillgain is bad
Player A says skillgain is fine, pvp is bad
And on it goes for 5 pages

Ok so we all know that half the shard hates the skillgain and half the shard hates the pvp. Anyone want to make suggestions to help it? Don't suggest completely changing to IN pvp, or making skillgain twice as fast. Let's try to make a compromise here...

1) Make the pvp/pvm skills a bit faster. This will allow people to actually play the game instead of sitting there afk for 4-5 days training their characters. Games of a similar style as UO like Diablo 2, Dragons Age, Baldurs Gate, etc, all these games let you gain skills at a reasonable rate AS YOU PLAY. You don't have to make a character in D2, train for 4-5 days before you can play...
2) Yes, if you make some skills faster people will be able to hunt sooner and make money, but to make decent amounts of money hunting you need to train the bardic skills so leave these as they are. After all those asking for faster skillgain are asking for faster pvp skills, they aren't asking to be able to GM blacksmithy with 1k ingots...
3) Make some custom events with IN style PVP so those who haven't played it can see what it's like.
4) Those who do like IN pvp, say what you liked about it. What makes it so different and so much better from what Rabbi (who never really pvped here) thinks xuo pvp is all about; scroll scroll pot bard.

I know every single player/staff will bash me for what I just posted and disagree with either points 1&2 or 3&4 but it's the only way to go forward. Us all sitting here whining about pvp or skillgain won't get anywhere until someone is willing to compromise something.

You have the choice to go afk and gain skill OR go out and train as you progress through areas. If anything, you should be thankful you can macro seeing as how you can't in most other games. Just like any good rpg you can't just make a character and fight the toughest mobs, so why should that be possible here.

I know quite a few of you don't get this but there is stuff to do for every level of player. No I am not being sarcastic, a lot of players think you need GM everything before you can play and that is not at all the case here. This talk about skill gain only furthers the idea that GM skills are needed to accomplish anything on this shard which isn't true.

What I see is a bunch of people who complained about skills several times and got there way several times and will continue to do so until they get everything handed to them. Skills have been changed more than enough as it is and instead of being thankful for all the changes made for these players, they still continue to complain. Just because they can't compromise or understand that other players like other styles of gameplay.

As for your ideas, they kind of sound like you just said "make skill gain easier and talk about pvp" and I don't really see the compromise there. Maybe I'm missing how an event, where people choose to enter or not, is the same as changing skill gain for everyone.

A better suggestion, in my opinion, would be creating a new "class" type character specifically for pvp. This character type would gain pvp skills twice as fast but gain all other skills 2x slower or have a 700 skill cap sort of rule.
Of course I really don't like this idea much, unless it flagged the account to be standard or pvp oriented. Otherwise it could throw off some balance.

Anyway, I'm not bashing you, more like exchanging viewpoints :p Besides I'm not into bashing, unless you replace my keyboard with a club... back in my day thats how we bashed people. You silly kids today...

Yes, I did say change the skillgain (SOME) and at that I'm saying to only change the basic pvp/pvm skills. Don't make every skill easier because that's not what the people asking for change are asking for, and those against changing it think those asking for it want everything changed.

Maybe if IN pvp is not forced on those who like the XUO pvp they'd give it a shot, unlike those who complain about XUO pvp from day 1 without trying it...

But oh no... I'm not trying to make a compromise by making an opening for IN pvp...