Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UO, AOS, No insurance, moderate skillgain

I agree, and it would be very difficult to convince me to do otherwise.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Is it possible to set caps on specific kinds of skills? For instance, let people GM all combat skills, magery skills, etc, but only let them GM one or two professions?

Professions:
Bowcraft/Fletching
BlackSmithy
Mining
Lumberjacking
Tinkering
Carpentry
Alchemy

Others (Don't count as professions):
Cooking
Fishing
Tailoring (not sure where this should go since it's mostly useless)

Not to be a dick here but if you really want to go AoS anyone here could essentially start it up. Default RunUO with the newer eras is configurable pretty much with one line of code. The difficulty would be if IN2 had a very custom version of AoS, but I doubt it would be a lot of work even so.

Obviously it would be better if nasir did it but it's not really over if he chooses not to.

Eru,

I'm not going to go into detail about how skill bonuses work in AoS, but the short answer is no, releasing a cap on something like lumber jacking will actually affect your sword accuracy. Likewise, a skill like inscription would affect spell damage...

It's all pretty neat and worth looking into.

I plan to start development on the server again this weekend, however hilbertsaretard is right... it wouldn't take much of anything for someone to put up a standard AoS shard. The only thing that would make an AoS shard special is some pretty intense scripting beyond shit like "new weapons" and "new armors." Like I said earlier... I think the key to a new IN shard isn't as much the in-game content anymore as it is the web community. There would need to be an addictive aspect that we, now adults, could **** around with via the web while not-working at work that would still effect your ingame stuff.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

So what's the update? Did you start??

Pft. Nasir never does anything but talk! Tongue

And Shade never did anything but .set hue 2881

OK, maybe sometimes, he'd use .area set hue 2881

Well I was hoping shade was wrong but no response yet so you might be right..SadSad

Doubt that will help him get motivated, maybe if someone actually helped him he would be more motivated/have more time.

Also, you have no clue if he is addicted to crack. Maybe he is just saying good bye to his last rock:p

NOH AJ JOK

offered to help via forums and pm and got no response so im guessing he doesn't want any help....

I'm just not sure it's worth the time. The response to the thread was minimal, whether people were able to vote or not.

I recon its worth the time. Theres plenty of people out there playing on limbo shards waiting for something good to come along!