Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Hardcore" PvP?

Duke Wrote:If it becomes problem why not just introduce the energy bolt/ explosion spell. I remember on INR this was put in place and straight away everyone was wearing armour. How it works is the spells damage is based on your armour, so if you are naked and have 0 armour they do max damage of like 40 while if you are suited it is useless and does 10 damage. This WONT change your pvp system as it will have no effect if you are suited and just stops people from running around naked.

I agree with you. I mean it is so unfair for blacksmiths and miners when people dont even need armor.

aim: umba111
yahoo: deadbi_misociety44
msn: [email protected]
[SIGPIC]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1171/adtp6.gif[/SIGPIC]

Duke Wrote:If it becomes problem why not just introduce the energy bolt/ explosion spell. I remember on INR this was put in place and straight away everyone was wearing armour. How it works is the spells damage is based on your armour, so if you are naked and have 0 armour they do max damage of like 40 while if you are suited it is useless and does 10 damage. This WONT change your pvp system as it will have no effect if you are suited and just stops people from running around naked.

/agree

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

Light Wrote:The main issue I have with the system in place now is the heavy dependance on scrolls and their power. FS scrolls for example deal just as much damage as casting it off your book and it only takes a split second to finish the spell. Blank scrolls are extremely cheap and easy to come by and even though it may not be a problem now, it sure as hell will be in the future. I can't see the point of using weapons and armor in anything else than duels, if all it takes is two people targetting you with an FS scroll at the same time for you to go down. As Lindenwood said before, scrolls shouldn't be absolutely necessary to be able to fight.

I'm sure people are going to tell me that I'm just not fast enough for their play style, but whatever. Spamming scrolls doesn't seem all that interesting to me and as far as I'm concerned, all it does is simplify PvP. Scrolls should have a role in PvP, sure, but it should stay as a way to land a killing blow or give yourself a quick boost in health when everything else fails. The fact that scrolls are as cheap and powerful as they are right now is just ridiculous.
Quote:I must say i come from the same background as you do lindenwood so i agree with you. On a side note i think that a really balanced combat/pvp system should be equal to every proffesion, i.e. a warrior should be able to kill a mage using only his sword/bow as easy as the mage should be able to kill the warrior with only his magery. Now that isnt the easiest thing to accomplish ive noticed over the years but i often se that magery is overpowered and/or the fight skills nerfed so there really isnt equal. One thing that would balance it alittle for example would be that parrying could resist spells aswell as resistance then the warrior would have twice the chance of resisting the spell as the mage since the swordman tends to miss alot of his hits the mage rarely fizzles when fully trained.

Oh well, as stated i think its a hard thing to accomplish and people might not even want to use the fighting skills in pvp i was just trying to back up lindenwood since it seems some of you dont seem or want to understand what he is saying.

Yea i really hate the over use of scrolls and everyone relying on magery. what about a pure warrior?

aim: umba111
yahoo: deadbi_misociety44
msn: [email protected]
[SIGPIC]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1171/adtp6.gif[/SIGPIC]

Tabion Wrote:Agreed.
The thing I am thinking about really is why bother with blacksmithy if nobody is really ever going to wear armor, except for tourneys. This should really be added to add a little something to pvp. As Duke stated it won't change pvp other then people getting more loot from kills. Armor shouldn't be useless.

everyone on xuo wanted leet armor and payed top dollar for it
smithy was one of the most profitable crafts

and people still wont wear good armor outside too much because there are still gank squads out there and good armor make you the #1 target

and besides it takes too damb long to get to the pits to suit up again lol

maxkicker Wrote:everyone on xuo wanted leet armor and payed top dollar for it
smithy was one of the most profitable crafts

and people still wont wear good armor outside too much because there are still gank squads out there and good armor make you the #1 target

and besides it takes too damb long to get to the pits to suit up again lol

good pvpers will wear good armour because they are confident of their skills like maka said. However lets not jump to the stage of good armour, we are talking about making people at LEAST wear shadow or old copper instead of being naked.

The idea that I suggested makes solves the problem by creating a huge difference between being naked and wearing armour. A group of naked people would almost always lose against a group of players wearing armour because one side could just energy bolt numerous times which is faster and costs alot less mana. This forces the naked side to wear armour and tadaa pvp is exactly the same as it is now but everyone is wearing armour.

I cant see any downside to this except maybe for people who use to be able to win fights naked now wouldnt have such a great chance, but hey there should be a big advantage in a fight against naked vs armoured.

100% this.

EB did do more damage to naked people btw.

for whoever it was going on about being a pure warrior, quite frankly, dream on. the mechanics of sphere really just dont allow for it. best you could do really is defend yourself. AOS pvpeeeee i miss you

I like the EB idea, will most likely be implemented.

have u guys thought of it this way atm? : most ppl are poor and when they gank they get sad for loosin 3 regs.. why wear armor for now? wait when most ppl get rich and then they'l probably use ar.

- regards, Fable

maka Wrote:I like the EB idea, will most likely be implemented.

Dont forget explosion too Wink

woot! glad that's going to be (probably) implemented. I can't see a reason why not.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

i hope that doesnt change the pvp in any way Sad

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

it will mean if you dont use armor you will get utterly raped, but if you do youll be fine