Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I don't recognize anyone anymore :(

maka Wrote:Power gaming|Germany

They modified a standard injection copy and made one of those "evil" releases.

Don't remember that, was that what led to IN finally shutting down or somthing? I used to check on IN every now and then just to see how it was doing after I left, forgot about it for a while then *poof* it was gone. Cry

Yea.. and I had a vendor which sold llamas. I sold about five llamas, and did I get any creds for that? :doubt: It was nice llamas for f*** sake! ungrateful bastards...

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

woops i meant just recommend to admin not to do that this time around.. i didnt recommend to them to guard animals back on in1, haha sorry i said it wrong.

Bella Harpell Wrote:That was your idea? :evil:

Yeah I totally agree that is what ruined taming on IN for 99% of the population. The great thing about UO for a lot of people is that there are plenty things to do other than fighting. I used to love it when the challenge in taming was actually finding the spawns, moving the spawns after X amount of animals have been tamed from it is okay in my book to keep things rare and interesting.

I think combining combat w/ craft/trade skills just to make it harder is one of the best signs that the admins/devs are lacking in the creativity department. Espically when it comes to taming, keeping animals rare and the market lucrative is easy enough w/o forcing the tamers to have to rely on combat skills as well.

Another thing I always wanted to see was more rare animals besides just mounts. Rare pets are always fun to have. Big Grin

Lederoil Wrote:Yea.. and I had a vendor which sold llamas. I sold about five llamas, and did I get any creds for that? :doubt: It was nice llamas for f*** sake! ungrateful bastards...

sorry... i never saw your vendor :p lol Smile

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rachet Wrote:woops i meant just recommend to admin not to do that this time around.. i didnt recommend to them to guard animals back on in1, haha sorry i said it wrong.

NotedSmile

Bella Harpell Wrote:Don't remember that, was that what led to IN finally shutting down or somthing? I used to check on IN every now and then just to see how it was doing after I left, forgot about it for a while then *poof* it was gone. Cry

pg|de's injection didn't really ruin IN1. More like Sphere 51a ruined itself by not upgrading itself. Gear, Haxxored Injection, and bugs actually indirectly ruined IN1 by forcing the later admins to make horrid changes to IN1's gameplay in order to work around bugs.

I accredit RunUO for being the real slayer. It split the community and eventually ate everyone smart enough to ditch the old buggy server.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Ahh Sorry Bella, I thought I remember you saying once that you got lazy and had people tame stuff for you later on to sell hehe. Must remember wrong, it's been quite a while. The safezone days of the Inn were good times but I agreed with staff, myself included, people would just idle there all day and the regulars kind of stopped doing anything else in the world.

I remember before the safe zone there was just an understanding that you don't fight there, I remember chaos and order used to visit and hang their differences at the door. I think that was the height, it showed that IN had a mature side, before all the power gaming and injection and all that. Those were the pure days to me.

Also Rachet, I remember buying my first blackrock stang from you for 2k. I rode blackrock stangs from that day onward. It sucked though cause I never got the same price again hehe.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for it, but I completely agree, the staff became too obsessed with making things challenging at the end of IN1. There were so many ugly mounts that were so hard to get to, let alone the ones that looked decent. I enjoyed how it was on IN:R where you had to run around to find mounts and explore. I don't think you should have to search for every single animal though, just make them change spawns after X amount have been tamed. This way when someone finds a spawn they are rewarded, they aren't forced to run around again for two hours. And the mount is still kept rare because if the person finding the spawn shares it they're only hurting themselves because other people will tame it and they'll have to find the spawn again.

Nasir Wrote:pg|de's injection didn't really ruin IN1. More like Sphere 51a ruined itself by not upgrading itself. Gear, Haxxored Injection, and bugs actually indirectly ruined IN1 by forcing the later admins to make horrid changes to IN1's gameplay in order to work around bugs.

I accredit RunUO for being the real slayer. It split the community and eventually ate everyone smart enough to ditch the old buggy server.

I agree that RunUO was a huge factor in IN1s downfall, but its downfall had been coming for a while. IN2 kept people around alot longer than just leaving IN1 up would have. IN2 were very good solid times, they weren't the same as IN1, but they were memorable and enjoyable nonetheless.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

Skorpion Wrote:I remember before the safe zone there was just an understanding that you don't fight there, I remember chaos and order used to visit and hang their differences at the door.

that's what pits is! a place where everyone can meet and talk. there is no fighting there because we don't allow it, so it's essentially the same as people realizing its a place to just talk and leave their problems at the door.

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah pits kind of serves the same purpose, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere and feel that the Inn had. I can see what you're saying though.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

well the pits was designed to look like a townhouse with a courtyard. hopefully that will make it a bit better Smile

Thanks,
GM Pande
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

its also moved away from green acress.

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Pande Wrote:that's what pits is! a place where everyone can meet and talk. there is no fighting there because we don't allow it, so it's essentially the same as people realizing its a place to just talk and leave their problems at the door.

Not allowing people to fight at a social place isn't the same at all it's actually completley different. It creates a completley different atmosphere when fighting in an area is technically allowed by the rules but the players take it upon themselves to say "hey we've got a good thing going here lets not screw it up" than when the GMs set down a rule saying "you can't fight here". The players aren't realizing on their own that its just a place to hang out, it's being shoved down their throats.

I personally think any kind of outside interference (ie. unnessicary rules) dealing with person to person interaction is a quick way to kill the atmosphere of a server.

Sure you could come to my Inn as a noob and have a good time and probably never get bothered as long as you didn't mouth off to the wrong person but it's just like going to any bar in the real world. If you start shit talking with the wrong person you'd end up getting your ass handed to you on the way out. Gives it a more realistic community feeling instead of a GM imposed be-nice-or-else feeling.