Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scrolls

Gang Wrote:There we go. Some players are thinking it's too easy to survive, others think it's too hard:/

If a noob to this PvP like me has no trouble surviving an attack it must be too easy!

Lags Wrote:If a noob to this PvP like me has no trouble surviving an attack it must be too easy!

Just because you can survive doesn't mean you can kill anyone, but I do agree on with you being a noob for whatever it's worth xd

sm0ke Wrote:Just because you can survive doesn't mean you can kill anyone, but I do agree on with you being a noob for whatever it's worth xd

Why is it the only time someone should die is if they agree to duel or get ganked? Doesn't anyone like to PK alone?

As for me being a noob, yeah I just started here 3 days ago. Give me a few more days to macro and I will give you a run for your money 1v1. I've noticed that this PvP heavily relies on melee damage. It seems like 70% of winning a fight is how lucky you get with melee damage. Of course you need to follow up the damage with the right spells and timing, but without getting good melee hits you're screwed. As someone who is opposed to 'luck' in PvP you are sure obsessed with keeping PvP exactly how it is Smile

When two people who are equal duel , it's up on hits, luck on bandages. It's however much less luck based than you might think. Usually people die on their own mistakes. Good PvPer will hit much more than you hit him, he will be much better in saving mana too. I'm saying, try it out first...

Lags Wrote:Why is it the only time someone should die is if they agree to duel or get ganked? Doesn't anyone like to PK alone?

As for me being a noob, yeah I just started here 3 days ago. Give me a few more days to macro and I will give you a run for your money 1v1. I've noticed that this PvP heavily relies on melee damage. It seems like 70% of winning a fight is how lucky you get with melee damage. Of course you need to follow up the damage with the right spells and timing, but without getting good melee hits you're screwed. As someone who is opposed to 'luck' in PvP you are sure obsessed with keeping PvP exactly how it is Smile
How did you get that 70%? Just wondering.

Lags Wrote:Why is it the only time someone should die is if they agree to duel or get ganked? Doesn't anyone like to PK alone?

If were all so 'lucky' how come it's the same people winning the tours all the time? Also care to explain how you are not lucky enough to kill anyone besides other new players? Ofc I like the PvP and don't want it changed it's balanced and it's why I started playing here because it's the only PvP that resembles the original PvP I played. I'm also adapting to it doesn't mean I have to complain to have it changed this isn't XUO so I can't force other people to like that PvP so you should just adapt like we are instead of trying to promote these new styles of PvP. I could have easily done the same thing as you and made a thread to try and change it, but it's not my place nor is it yours imo.

Mito Wrote:How did you get that 70%? Just wondering.

Just an estimate. I said 70% luck because melee damge/healing damage is 100% luck and it has a massive impact on a fight.

sm0ke Wrote:If were all so 'lucky' how come it's the same people winning the tours all the time? Also care to explain how you are not lucky enough to kill anyone besides other new players? Ofc I like the PvP and don't want it changed it's balanced and it's why I started playing here because it's the only PvP that resembles the original PvP I played. I'm also adapting to it doesn't mean I have to complain to have it changed this isn't XUO so I can't force other people to like that PvP so you should just adapt like we are instead of trying to promote these new styles of PvP. I could have easily done the same thing as you and made a thread to try and change it, but it's not my place nor is it yours imo.

I understand. I'm not even suggesting fizzles melee OR mage anymore. Just commenting on how I think that there should be as little luck in PvP as possible.

Lags Wrote:Just an estimate. I said 70% luck because melee damge/healing damage is 100% luck and it has a massive impact on a fight.
So why should we believe in what you say when you estimate stuff Tongue

Mito Wrote:So why should we believe in what you say when you estimate stuff Tongue

I had to estimate. I worked on getting the exact % by using incredibly advanced algorithms and mathmatical theory, but alas i could not narrow it down.

I think the luck in melee pvp likely has to do with the weapons that are typically used. Seems like the more damage potential the weapon has, the bigger range of damage it has. A halbred/bardich can do a ton of damage, but it can do very little. 1h weapons seem more consistent, but I haven't tested this extensively, so I could be wrong there. Bandages seem a bit random, but that's what makes it interesting in my opinion. You never know what you will have to do in the next couple seconds. It forces you to think on your feet.

That being said, I suppose there isn't much variation in spells. A heal does a set amount, same with attacks as far as I can tell. Not sure why there is variance in melee and not spells, but I assume there is a logical reason.

the problem is mounts. It's too easy to run away from a fight because of mounts.

it's unpopular but i would get rid of mounts. I've played on servers with no mounts and it works really well.