Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

"Hardcore" PvP?

Well, I guess my question has been answered that, outside of tournaments and events, any PvP will be for the most part naked spell-casting.

The main issue I have with the system in place now is the heavy dependance on scrolls and their power. FS scrolls for example deal just as much damage as casting it off your book and it only takes a split second to finish the spell. Blank scrolls are extremely cheap and easy to come by and even though it may not be a problem now, it sure as hell will be in the future. I can't see the point of using weapons and armor in anything else than duels, if all it takes is two people targetting you with an FS scroll at the same time for you to go down. As Lindenwood said before, scrolls shouldn't be absolutely necessary to be able to fight.

I'm sure people are going to tell me that I'm just not fast enough for their play style, but whatever. Spamming scrolls doesn't seem all that interesting to me and as far as I'm concerned, all it does is simplify PvP. Scrolls should have a role in PvP, sure, but it should stay as a way to land a killing blow or give yourself a quick boost in health when everything else fails. The fact that scrolls are as cheap and powerful as they are right now is just ridiculous.

[Image: sig.png]
First Ray of the New Rising Sun

I must say i come from the same background as you do lindenwood so i agree with you. On a side note i think that a really balanced combat/pvp system should be equal to every proffesion, i.e. a warrior should be able to kill a mage using only his sword/bow as easy as the mage should be able to kill the warrior with only his magery. Now that isnt the easiest thing to accomplish ive noticed over the years but i often se that magery is overpowered and/or the fight skills nerfed so there really isnt equal. One thing that would balance it alittle for example would be that parrying could resist spells aswell as resistance then the warrior would have twice the chance of resisting the spell as the mage since the swordman tends to miss alot of his hits the mage rarely fizzles when fully trained.

Oh well, as stated i think its a hard thing to accomplish and people might not even want to use the fighting skills in pvp i was just trying to back up lindenwood since it seems some of you dont seem or want to understand what he is saying.

Wear armor. You'll die anyway. :lol:

Kreole Ragehead Wrote:One thing that would balance it alittle for example would be that parrying could resist spells

I actually really like that idea. It would make it useful to use at least one piece of that armor, and also give one-handed weapons a little more usefulness.

Even on crap shards, having a shield parried Ebolt. Ebolt was quite a nice spell when you're hitting naked gankers.

Smurtle Wrote:Wear armor. You'll die anyway. :lol:

Why would I wear armor when it won't affect anything that my opponent does?

And one more thing. When people can afford it/attain it, chaos shields and order shields will be used a lot when naked ganking, especially with one-handed weapons.

Lindenwood Wrote:Why would I wear armor when it won't affect anything that my opponent does?

Because we want to take the armor.

If it becomes problem why not just introduce the energy bolt/ explosion spell. I remember on INR this was put in place and straight away everyone was wearing armour. How it works is the spells damage is based on your armour, so if you are naked and have 0 armour they do max damage of like 40 while if you are suited it is useless and does 10 damage. This WONT change your pvp system as it will have no effect if you are suited and just stops people from running around naked.

I expected it to work like this (I believe only explosion was AR-based, but EB just did like 20 damage no matter what, basically half an FS), but explosion is actually pretty useless here, heh. I think that is also another factor though. On IN, explosion hit about like an FS when you were naked, and it used half the mana. But again, that wouldnt have any effect here because of the easy access to scrolls. On IN1, you used explosion against naked / low AR people so you wouldnt waste precious FS scrolls. Here, its like "why even both using anything but FS scrolls when I carry thirty at a time, and they do more damage while using less mana?"

Duke Wrote:If it becomes problem why not just introduce the energy bolt/ explosion spell. I remember on INR this was put in place and straight away everyone was wearing armour. How it works is the spells damage is based on your armour, so if you are naked and have 0 armour they do max damage of like 40 while if you are suited it is useless and does 10 damage. This WONT change your pvp system as it will have no effect if you are suited and just stops people from running around naked.

Agreed.
The thing I am thinking about really is why bother with blacksmithy if nobody is really ever going to wear armor, except for tourneys. This should really be added to add a little something to pvp. As Duke stated it won't change pvp other then people getting more loot from kills. Armor shouldn't be useless.

[Image: mariozl3.png]