Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Making Armors useful!

im think we with gang can help u in night

So there isn't a point to exception ar other than its better ar with this system your testing out ?
I think shields should be counted vrs magic to make a difference in two handed weapons vrs one handed weapons.

From a crafting point / selling point would be to make exception ar have the vrs magic bonus or a greater chance than non exceptional this way the person who sells only exceptionally made ar is the high end smith sorta idea.
This would create a class of smith vendors creating a broader opening for players to make money.

I like this idea but is this not just gonna make it harder to kill people especially those who are already good and can fight 3 gankers and get away ? now they are basiclly invincible ? The idea is really good seeing as I don't see that many high end armor HH wearing order / chaos players and maybe this will change that (Doubt it).
Good idea have to see how it all turns out.

I wanted also to suggest FS/Light damage increcement. Right now it's just too hard to kill players. If you focus on healing only it's sooo much easier to stay alive than to kill you.. You'd need 3 FS to kill an AFK guy! While you can cast only six! How many times would you hit GH macro if you were active? You can even remove regular GH from your macros if you don't PvP. It's useless! You can heal up with just GH scrolls. These are twice faster than FS scrolls and intake 30 mana, as much as FS. Yeah they don't cover all the damage FS dealt, but they cover enough. Hell, even if you have only bandages and full hp in the beginning, you can heal up from 5 FSes with just aids in 60% of cases. You have pretty good chance of staying alive vs best dump the opponent can throw at you with just bandages!!! Thats crazy.
Thats exactly why I sincerely have no idea what Galdor was talking about. The server he refers to had 46 FS damage and 18 Lightning damage, 100 maximum hitpoints and you also were able to cast FSES 5 times.

So here goes suggestion, but I'll still make topic for it later:

FS/Lightning damage increcement by like 30% of it's current damage.
Also adding another type of Lights/FSes with less mana intake but with HP intake. I mean to not replace the current FS/Light, but adding one more type of each...

Now, I know that majority here is not for PvP, thats why I'm not going to suggest removing Invis pots/Recall scrolls but i'll still describe how I look at it...

Very simple macros that pretty much everyone can make - invis pot+recall scroll guarantes you're safe. Our recall is just as fast as the fastest intercepting spell, so I mean harm, magic arrow, clumsy are 1 sec cast delay, so is recall scroll.
Only one guy chasing you and you don't stand a chance, too many items or just don't want to fight?! Reflect yourself, press your recall scroll macro and you'll be safe. If theres a lot of followers , then insure yourself with invis pot+scroll macro...

So, yeah, Soma, there is a problem with killing someone. Though it has nothing to do with my idea. Wear as good gear as your target wears and you'll deal as much damage as you can. My idea just equals the risks...

Edit: P.S. if you're looking for players with HH , high-end armor and BW in pack - thats what I usually wear, the thing is that nobody fights, not to mention is hard to find players here if you red and can't access Britain

Edit: P.P.S I still against the shields to be in there because the weps are balanced right now, good 2h weapon worths a lot , so I don't see how would it help the economy, and the thing you'd have add shield equiping to every macro of yours definitely doesn't add any interesting PvP aspect..

Nice Taran that sounds awesome, I'd be glad to test with Gang if you need.

Gang, I agree incorporating shields into it would defeat the purpose of this change. Also, Gang, I don't think it's very difficult to kill someone who is trying to get away unless they drink an invis pot or just run and heal. I don't have a problem with that Tongue About increasing scroll damage... I don't know. I'd say a simple solution is to incorporate XUO scrolls. Have 2 options when scribing lightning/fs: NOS style (current) or XUO style (hp/mana intake).

Gang Wrote:I wanted also to suggest FS/Light damage increcement. Right now it's just too hard to kill players.

rofl i stopped reading after that

Quote:rofl i stopped reading after that

Yea I imagine you wouldn't like that, FSing mobs would still be just as ineffective as it is nowWink

Edit: Habibi, you can't kill anyone doesn't want to fight, has few reflection and recall scrolls, knows how to record macro and to use it after Tongue Theres just no way to ... Oh even if he doesn't have invis pots. Invis spell+recall scroll also will insure he gets away

You are right Gang, unless you have reveal scrolls Tongue

yeh i like this...

I feel if you add another scroll type like xuo you are left with INX all over again............which we all know how that ended.....IMO. However i do like gangs ideas except adding the different scrolls.

I like the idea, seems like an interesting concept. Another solution would be to add set bonuses (minus helm for fashion!) that are unique to each armor. Give them properties that you could of recieved from jewelry in AoS if you are wearing a full set of something. IE full saph sets gives 10% faster cast, full DS 10% melee damage. Something along those lines. It could really help add varied strategies to pvp based on what type of armor you use. Just another idea to toss out. Id be fine with gangs idea as well

Quote:minus helm for fashion!
Maybe we should have armored hats that you can craft with tailoring and some fancy materials. *shrug*

Gang Wrote:I wanted also to suggest FS/Light damage increcement. Right now it's just too hard to kill players. If you focus on healing only it's sooo much easier to stay alive than to kill you.. You'd need 3 FS to kill an AFK guy! While you can cast only six! How many times would you hit GH macro if you were active? You can even remove regular GH from your macros if you don't PvP. It's useless! You can heal up with just GH scrolls. These are twice faster than FS scrolls and intake 30 mana, as much as FS. Yeah they don't cover all the damage FS dealt, but they cover enough. Hell, even if you have only bandages and full hp in the beginning, you can heal up from 5 FSes with just aids in 60% of cases. You have pretty good chance of staying alive vs best dump the opponent can throw at you with just bandages!!! Thats crazy.
Thats exactly why I sincerely have no idea what Galdor was talking about. The server he refers to had 46 FS damage and 18 Lightning damage, 100 maximum hitpoints and you also were able to cast FSES 5 times.

So here goes suggestion, but I'll still make topic for it later:

FS/Lightning damage increcement by like 30% of it's current damage.
Also adding another type of Lights/FSes with less mana intake but with HP intake. I mean to not replace the current FS/Light, but adding one more type of each...

Now, I know that majority here is not for PvP, thats why I'm not going to suggest removing Invis pots/Recall scrolls but i'll still describe how I look at it...

Very simple macros that pretty much everyone can make - invis pot+recall scroll guarantes you're safe. Our recall is just as fast as the fastest intercepting spell, so I mean harm, magic arrow, clumsy are 1 sec cast delay, so is recall scroll.
Only one guy chasing you and you don't stand a chance, too many items or just don't want to fight?! Reflect yourself, press your recall scroll macro and you'll be safe. If theres a lot of followers , then insure yourself with invis pot+scroll macro...

So, yeah, Soma, there is a problem with killing someone. Though it has nothing to do with my idea. Wear as good gear as your target wears and you'll deal as much damage as you can. My idea just equals the risks...

Edit: P.S. if you're looking for players with HH , high-end armor and BW in pack - thats what I usually wear, the thing is that nobody fights, not to mention is hard to find players here if you red and can't access Britain

Edit: P.P.S I still against the shields to be in there because the weps are balanced right now, good 2h weapon worths a lot , so I don't see how would it help the economy, and the thing you'd have add shield equiping to every macro of yours definitely doesn't add any interesting PvP aspect..

Great Idea Sir.