Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Whats the point of making everything so hard?

I have to ask you sir, what do you think would be hardest? A really good old IN PvPer coming to INX or a really good INX PvPer coming to old IN? I don't know IN PvP good enough to comment, but from what I've heard, I'm trying to ask questions to make you see the other side of the coin.

I don't know about you, but I can't imagine dieing with the things I've heard from your PvP. I'm not saying its worse or unbalanced, I'm just saying that XUO PvP is less forgiving on mistakes, faster (is it?) and offers more wiggle room to trick your opponent. It is also, like you said, less depending on equipment, but from my side of the table, that's a plus as player skill comes more into focus.

Also, you are wrong on the gank thing. I, and a few other people, can actually manage to beat people 3v7ish. Now a days I'd even say that there is quite a few people that should have gotten ganking down. Numbers don't actually matter super much on this PvP, even if a flame makes 46 dmg.

I just think it's such a shame you have such a distorted view of something you have not tried enough to learn.

Quote:I just think it's such a shame you have such a distorted view of something you have not tried enough to learn.

Well said maka.

However I think we should get back on topic before this theard turns into another pvp/skillgain thread. I'm sure Kitara was addressing another issue anyways...

Am I getting this right Black_Raider, you are saying IN:X PvP is bad because it's not 100% item based and because someone with the best weapons and armors can die against someone with medium quality equipment?

INX PvP is about skill, not item based. That's what makes it so great, the fact that someone can start playing the shard today, GM the skills in a few days, practice a little and they can PvP. They don't have to work for 1 year to get a good weapon and set of armor just to PvP for 10 minutes here and there.

maka Wrote:also, you are wrong on the gank thing. I, and a few other people, can actually manage to beat people 3v7ish. Now a days i'd even say that there is quite a few people that should have gotten ganking down. Numbers don't actually matter super much on this pvp, even if a flame makes 46 dmg.

har har

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

I have played on on IN, IN:X and FH and there is nothing wrong with the PvP system here. The only thing wrong here with the PvP is that injection is allowed to be used. Injection ruins any PvP.

My opinion of course.

Oh and .wop is pretty lame too. I mean really, your on top of a horse, holding a 2-handed weapon and casting a flamestrike while drinking a mana potion and managing to spam false spell words too? Lame.

Herod[PoD] from IN1

Maximus[Nazgul] from Flint Hills

Well, people can avoid the discussion, but there is in fact a problem with this server. If this server was so great, the playerbase would grow and grow, but it decreases and decreases. Why? There is much work, there is balancement in almost every thing here, and there is a dedicated staff who make many events and fix bugs.
It's difficult to answer this question, but I think I know why. I want to remind I come from XUO, but I've also played in some shards like IN.
I am still playing here, so don't think I'm just flaming. I would love to see some solution, seriously. The main problem of the server is the playerbase. People don't like this shard at all. Why? Well, some ideas are coming...

XUO + IN is not a good mix. It's not something better, but something worse.
I think this shard only suits extremmely hardcore gamers (hardcore PVPers/crafters/hunters/collectors) Everything here is too hard to master.

I mean, for most XUO people this is bad because they want to be GM in all crafts to be independent. This PVP is very expensive and you can die a lot when you are out ganking (a lot more if you gank alone, of course). They are accostumed to easier things and I think this kind of PVP requires easy things too. It's my personal point of view however. When I played XUO I did it because I wanted easy things and fast action. Just like a CS match like someone said Wink

For most IN players this is also bad, because craft skills are not that usefull here. The same happens with armors/weapons/mounts, well, with almost everything in this shard. Armors and weapons are not that usefull (except in duels). They are difficult to craft/make, but people don't want to use it in ganking because you can die extremmely fast against a naked guy.
Craftable items are balanced but nobody want to use them in ganking, so they are not being sold at all. (Unless scrolls and potions, of course).
If you think about it from a IN PVPer point of view, well, I don't need to add much more. You don't need melee stuff for ganking. You can't even rely on your GM healing skill to survive against 1 dump from an enemy and you can't see a thing with the .wop feature. I'm sure this is a bit dissapointing for them.
Maybe hunters do like this shard, but I think is a bit difficult too.

In conclussion: I think XUO PVP needs XUO rules and IN PVP needs IN rules. I think it affects the whole shard. Not only PVP.

The truth is I don't know which shard I would like the most, XUO or IN, but I think I would like them much more if they were not mixed Sad
Peace and Love? :\ lol

kind of hurts saying this, but i agree with love 70-90%

- regards, Fable

I think PvP on here is very unique and challenging. I have seen the player base go down from an avg. of 80 to 40-50 again. This is a problem and I feel that some things need to be changed in order to appeal to the new players. First of all, when you are new the first thing you want to do is make a little bit of gold and this is very hard because most monsters do not drop enough gold and are very hard to kill or use up more gold in resources to kill. I am making a list of these monsters and it is a very slow process but these need to be addressed and tweaked. Another thing with hunting is, a lot of caster type monsters have insta cast and this makes it extremely difficult for new players beings that they don't have bs scrolls or money to purchase resources and have to resort to melee. Some of these monsters are not worth your effort, time, and resources because they generally drop 100g roughly. This is not a high enough value of gold beings that it will take 1-2 ev's or 5-10 bs just to kill this monster. For example here
[Image: finali.png]

The Spider Drone is very easy to kill but 40g is not even worth the effort. The Spiderwoman is a moderate monster that insta casts and takes atleast 1-2 ev's to take down. The picture to the right are moderate creatures that only drop 50-70g and they too also insta cast and will not go down so easily. There are many monsters like this that should be tweaked and these are just the few that I have concerns with. There are others but I am making a list of all these monsters that should be reevaluated. This I am sure would bring more players and keep more players beings that hunting is a very critical aspect in the game of UO. I have talked to Taran and Shade about these monsters and they agree that this is a top priority in ensuring a well balanced shard. But it is very hard to have to go dungeon to dungeon monster to monster and check all of these and figure out for yourself what needs to be evaluated and what does not. So I am asking any of you, if you could put some input on which monsters should be tweaked please do so because this would help us in balancing hunting and I am sure a lot of people will agree on this subject. Ok, another thing that may be an issue for new players is the economy. My good buddy has told me the only reason he stays on this shard is because of me and another friend which is pretty disappointing beings that he is not happy with pvm, the economy, and crafting is extremely hard to gain. I in fact like that crafting is very difficult but we all have our own opinions. I believe that Blacksmithing is a little over the top and does not produce the results as would Inscripting would as far as making money goes to my knowledge. I think that there should be more rare armors for Blacksmithing to give people a reason to GM this instead of GM'ing a skill just to GM it. I believe having more rare items in the game will add to the value of hunting and crafting so that there may be more things to buy,sell, and craft. For example: I played on a shard that had rare unique unis which were 1/100,000 drop rate and also craftable with the required materials through tailoring and what not. These unique unis were sometimes a cloth material that would raise your skill .5-1% and with enough of these rares your skill would be a little higher and would ensure better crafting and sometimes allow you to craft some specific rare items that required a skill of 110% and what not. This is just an example and you do not have to imitate or replicate another shard, I am just using this as an example and from there you can create your own ideas. Anyways, this is just my 2 cents hope we can see some improvement in some of these areas over time if we want a bigger player base. Thanks everyone for taking the time in reading this. Confusedurprised:

alright well i think Fable and Love are both dumb. seriously.

Like lets be for real, instead of trying to get the IN:X shard outta its problems, tweak it a bit by giving constructive criticizm, instead you guys are telling us how better it would be alone.... you're both retarded.

obviously it wasnt working when they were seperated, GENIOUS!

Why? well who the **** cares, population? lack of commited staff? Un balanced world??

Well who cares about the past and what was and could've been, we're talking about RIGHT NOW.

so love that story u just posted was meaningless, on the real.

Now things to focus on;

*tweak loot from treasures/nets/fishing
*balance weapons, so all types of weapons are usefull, from mace/swords/fencing, etc.
*add a few more items to the mining table, get rid of a few minables to bring some value
*add some new tamables, new colors, etc..
*fix the retarded limit on taming horses, like seriously **** that if your a "grand master tamer" you can take a horse 100 times, cause ur just dirty like that.(or cause u spent 1 year gming the skill, you choose)
*get rid of the RETARDED SILVER WEAPONS OF GARBAGE. totally useless, meaningless, and i get upset if i see it. I would rather loot Raw Ham than loot the damn silver cystal.
*Tweak dungeons for new commers, and also allow it to be A LITTLE EASIER SO PEOPLE CAN BE I N D E P E N D E N T DONT U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS MAN? (its a song... but seriously, dont u know what that means man? lol)
*Make certain monsters less crazy and not insta death
*tweak certain high mob loot, some are ridicuously low on loot. (SMALL example on Gibran's post)
*add new loots, some someone suggested, chance of adam ingots or some shit, things that wont hurt the economy, like decos, etc...

And theres much more if staff would read peoples suggestions... if theres a problem, lets stay on topic and try to solve it before you confuse everyone who reads this damn post and ends up reading 7 different topics in 1 post...

this seriously must confuse Staff too and they get side tracked with peoples retarded posts, like love just made, and causes NEW ARGUEMENTS AND DEBATES.

Thanks

Yes I rock ---> Silverwolf for Admin. Big Grin

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Silverwolf, you are so disrespectfull...
I am not offtopic at all. Look at the thread name: " Whats the point of making everything so hard? "
You can say what you want. I am just looking at playerbase and giving my opinion in good terms. I've played this game in many shards since 2000 and what I said is what I know from talking with some players and from my experience.
Also, the two shards worked separated. They just finished dying, but they worked better than IN-X.

You didn't have to be so rude.

Here is what I think can be improved on to make the shard more attractive and enjoyable for new comers. Some things others have said and I'm repeating them because I agree with these facts, others are things I think would help out.

Changes to hunting

-You shouldn't have to hunt in groups of 2 or more for all the monsters that give decent loot. On XUO I was at the point where I was hunting 2 xtreme dragons at a time, here I can't even kill one on my own.
-I forget the name of it, but back on XUO we had a special monster that had 5 mini bosses you had to fight before fighting it. I think it was the boss at the end of Doom Dungeon.... Anyways, what I'm getting at here is that this monster was too tough for 1 person to fight on his own and you needed 2-3, but the loot was also AWESOME! So having monsters that need groups of people to kill isn't a problem, the problem is when all the decent monsters are like this.
-If enough people agree on the fact that hunting needs to be made a bit easier, then I wouldn't be surprised to see the staff make some monsters a little easier to kill. Nor would I be surprised to see the loot cut in 1/2 to make up for the easier kill, which would defeat the purpose. In other words, make some monsters a bit easier to kill, but leave the loot as is on these monsters.

-As Gibran has pointed out it is absolutely pointless in killing some monsters, especially when it takes 10x more resources to kill it then profit you can make off them.
-Now I just know someone will tell me something along the lines of "well you're just hunting the wrong thing". Well what if I'm a new player? I'm not about to go fight the destard guardian so I need something to work on until I'm ready to go fight him. And even then, lots of people say there's no point in fighting him because the loot he drops vs his difficulty level isn't worth it.

Now why change hunting to make it easier? Because this will encourage more people to hunt making people richer and if people are richer that means they'll be more willing to carry better equipment on them, more willing to take medium quality equipment on them in loot tours, etc. And the reason they'll do this is because they'll realize it won't take 10 hours to get back 100k to buy a new set of armor.

Changes to Player Mentality and actions

-The players of IN:X are way too jumpy and aggressive. Nobody is willing to budge an inch when there's a new suggestion made so there's very little forward progress made. If people would be more accommodating towards others suggestions, maybe they won't try and shoot your idea down just because it came from you.
-Players also need to not try and make changes to systems or features they don't use and have no intentions of using the system in the way they propose to change it. As an example, if you don't make rugs/carpets, don't make suggestions trying to change how rugs/carpets should be made as it has nothing to do with you.
-The players of IN:X are also *ssholes. What I mean by this is that we have players going around killing noobies macroing in town. [With sarcasm] that's exactly what a new player wants, to get killed in town while macroing when they haven't even been playing here for 2 days.
-Instead of guards being changed to be more protective of players, they've been made LESS EFFECTIVE. I've yet to hear of a police force that wants to put less criminals away and leave them out on the streets...
-For a lack of a better term, we need some forum nazi's who implement a zero tolerance mentality for the forums and mod the shit out of them to clean em up, because let's be honest here, the forums look like a dump with all the arguing. Nobody will like the idea of a severe forum mod, but eventually people will ease up on the bickering if they want to get 2 relevant words in.

Nit-pickyness

What I fit into this category is all those little things you have to work so hard for to do something so simple, or how few conveniences are extended to players.
Ex: A while back I suggested you should be able to equip armor from a container on the floor, and I get a response along the lines of 'don't be so damn lazy and just put it in your pack first'. This isn't a drastic change to the server yet people are ready to burn me at the stake as if we were back in Salem Massachusetts.
Ex: New features are added but often there are little, or at best, cryptic instructions supplied. Where's the harm in giving a few straightforward suggestions to help people get started
Ex: Documentation. There is not very much official information for players to look things up. Instead they have to search forever to find answers to simple things. We need something like a general knowledge section on the main page. My suggestion is to create a new section on the forums where players can submit important information they feel will help everyone, and to have a group of 4-5 experienced players vote on the most important things that should be added to the main site. And I say players here and not staff because staff have enough to do.

lol i was just joking, i've met new ppl here and have had fun. the population has been better here than on xuo (from my memories when i played)

i only think hunting should be a bit easier. not too much. people complain that it's impossible to hunt alone, but it isn't. it's just hard. when you get the hang of it you can manage by yourself. i think making the rare weapons more balanced and trying to make them fit into pvp would make crafting skills more usefull, profiting and a bit more fun. sure everyone loves the bardiche, but just because it's preffered by most, it shouldn't be the only one which is worth having. i say make the large battle axe just as good, then we got 2 weps equally matched. make rare crafted weapons as strong as power or vanq, tweak them to make them fit into pvp. i don't see why not?

and staff should be more active to answering pages and maybe host that damn weekly tour soon Rolleyes

- regards, Fable