Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Status ?!?

Rackull Wrote:My thoughts on this are that it should be converted to phpBB and let it flow in time, this is if the shard is in fact to reopen in the future ...

That's a really good point :eek:

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

Rackull Wrote:My worries are not the hosting of the shard neither the work put to it, but instead the payment that is due on VBulletin Board, if the time steps forward to the deadline of the VBulletin due date, we will have no interface to hear news of the shard or to pose questions on it and let's face it how many will donate to keep a payed Forum online without a shard ?

My thoughts on this are that it should be converted to phpBB and let it flow in time, this is if the shard is in fact to reopen in the future ...

I still have http://imagine-nation.net forums up, they are just turned off. I was not aware that these forums were being hosted and require a monthly fee or they will be turned off. If you need a forum, I have one ready to go. Not sure how we can migrate the information from this one though.

I don't think the clients will come back. The last hoorah was this beta. Kind of sad, it did have a lot of nice features and work done with it but ultimately I believe the people are finding much more things important now. We're growing up.Sad

I think you should just take it down for good. You tried, couldn't commit how you wanted, which is fine. Now that we've all had ample time to commit to other things, the return ratio won't be as high, which will, I believe, affect the morale and ability to care enough to keep the shard progressively going.

'Twas fun.

Well, I'm not sure that we can expect all old players to come back, cause like you've said, some has found other things to do, but I'm still optimistic. I think that the people that are still interested in UO, and if they are still playing or planing to play, would enjoy an improved INX.

We showed what we can do and we have shown the capabilities of the emulator, only thing really missing is new features, events and better integration of Imagine Nation concepts and world.

When we first started, we thought we would have around 150 players, and in the begging, we did. Slowly however, it started growing and more people came to appreciate it and trust us as a staff team. Now, if we would to start up again, I really do not think that it would be a problem reaching those high numbers (~150 in the begging and then just growing), especially with new and more recent email accounts.

Obviously, there is still a question of lack of developers. If that was solved, I really expect INX to be one of the biggest and most amazing servers for this old, but fun, game:p

Juan and I will always be back if there is some version of IN, in hybrid form or not.

Smile

Coldrake Wrote:I still have http://imagine-nation.net forums up, they are just turned off. I was not aware that these forums were being hosted and require a monthly fee or they will be turned off. If you need a forum, I have one ready to go. Not sure how we can migrate the information from this one though.

Love that website Big Grin

maka Wrote:Well, I'm not sure that we can expect all old players to come back, cause like you've said, some has found other things to do, but I'm still optimistic. I think that the people that are still interested in UO, and if they are still playing or planing to play, would enjoy an improved INX.

We showed what we can do and we have shown the capabilities of the emulator, only thing really missing is new features, events and better integration of Imagine Nation concepts and world.

When we first started, we thought we would have around 150 players, and in the begging, we did. Slowly however, it started growing and more people came to appreciate it and trust us as a staff team. Now, if we would to start up again, I really do not think that it would be a problem reaching those high numbers (~150 in the begging and then just growing), especially with new and more recent email accounts.

Obviously, there is still a question of lack of developers. If that was solved, I really expect INX to be one of the biggest and most amazing servers for this old, but fun, game:p

Theres enough of us willing to work on it... like you said just need to find a developer to help. Are you still willing to help fix the major bugs?

Rabbi Samild Wrote:Juan and I will always be back if there is some version of IN, in hybrid form or not.

Smile

That was never in doubt :p

Yeah, I will help, that hasn't changed. My UO days are over though, so I do not want to be come a developer. In other words, I can't be the go to guy for every bug people think is hard, but I'd like to give tips on how to solve it. If 1 or 2 people have given it a try, and one of them preferably a decent coder, then I'd without a doubt help as soon as I get time.

Online: 0.

3 months later ;/

:-( I somewhat sad. Is there a way we can get our nice little world hosted as is? I would just like to have somewhere i can sit around and hang w/ my guildies. Do a lil hunting... ect ect.

I am The Good Father Juan.
Qui Tac Concentrat * Those who are silent, agree
All are born to observe order, But few are born to establish it.

Fear is not knowing what is, it is wondering what for.

[Image: meph28lu.jpg]

+1...

I miss my shard....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I miss going tame with Samild Sad

[Image: Kandorin%20Banner.jpg]
Holy Marquess, The Ministry

.::Vendor Taylor at Britain Church::.
.::Need anything crafted? I'm your man.Contact me!::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Daemon Steel - 1171::.
.::Dye Tub Color - Old Copper - 1159::.