Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Economy - How to Fix Discussion

Well people only macro tailoring for the reward tub and nothing more really Tongue if im correct so with a profit of + 1gp i think it should be ok (If we decide to add a profit to it)

Elcid Wrote:Forget it stupid idea.

ermm what? :eek:

Continued.

Combat skills

All Combat skills should take the same length of time to GM, except for Archery. Archery has a beneficial ability (ranged physical) Combat skills should not take any less than half a month to one month to gm. This gives the crafters a chance to catch up with the hunters. (Using my diagram as a guide that is)

Magery

Magery should be a tad harder, maybe about 10000 more reps than it already is in the 85%-GM area.

Healing should be harder aswell, a skill such as ressurection with bandages is fairly rewarding. 100 bandages is nothing, thats 200 gold. I can make that in my sleep currently.

The Skills have been set towards more pvp than actualy economy structure.

It took me less than a week (If I put all the time together macroing) To become strong enough to hunt over 10k in one hour. Okay. Now lets do some math with hunting vs crafting.

10k per hour
Average expense per hunting trip is 1-2k

10 hours = 100k

Or lets split it up a bit.

5 hours a day = 50k per day.

10 days at 5 hours per day = 500k.

Okay, within about two weeks of training and hunting total time, I have gathered half the gold neccesary for a castle.

Does that sound right to anyone?

Crafting.

Ingots sell around an average of 5gp per Iron Ingot

(I am using Iron as a minimum, since I used my hunting figure at a minimum aswell)

So lets say I can mine about 1500 ingots in 1 hour.

(Todays rate, people are either making new characters with 0 mining, OR are selling colored ingots in place of iron.)

So, 1500 Ingots per hour of Iron.

1500 x 5 hours = 7500

7500 ingots x 5 gp per.

37500 gold in one day. Now that is a little imbalanced with hunting already.

50000 - 37500 = 12500 difference.

Lets go even further.

37500 x 10 days of 5 hour days = 375000. Only a quater of what it costs to buy a castle.

Now this is the minimum that I am using in reference.

I know there are monsters that produce more loot. I have heard of people getting 100k in one day from hunting. Thats insane to say the least.

10 days = 1 million IF there are no expenses. Which there will be.

Now there ARE hardcore players out there that can achieve these results.

Within 1 month, you could have extreme amounts of gold.

Well, too late, there already are.

I think Galanthil tops the charts right now with over 1.5 million in products and items.

These are ridiculous amounts.

If this is the case as we have seen, raise prices on housing
Keep guild stones the same price.
Raise prices on boats.

Just some ideas for now. More to come.

Galen honestly i do not share your ideas of making any skill harder..... they are already hard enought. Think that since shard opened we been having LOTS of complains about the skill gain, that they were too hard.... and about the creatures loot, and now your asking to make them even harder? do this math like the one you did down there

people complaining about how hard skillgains are + you make them harder = happy face? or angry face?

Do this math.

Easy skill gain + happy people making uber gold really fast = what we are experiencing now.

There's not alot of people doing fast gold except me and Galanthil (Hahah..)

Skill gains at the moment is fine, everything has been adjusted to "perfection".

There's just a couple of item which need price fix and a couple of things to be fixed..

Once it'll be done, this shard will get out of beta and devs will start implementing new features, new items, make some minor modification to PvP.

It will be heaven...

I'd like to see a stats graphic of current shard's economy.
I'm sure the average turns around 100k which is totally normal after 30 days.. nope ?

I will say no more on these matters.

Well... Except one last thing. Smile

Giving players more options to spend their money on hearts and stars(decoration) Takes away some of the strain. Raising prices in areas such as structures (Boats and houses) Will help aswell.

Changing restock values with vendors to a lower amount will surely make more players run the economy than vendors will.

THose are the three main features I feel need to be changed.

Please continue the thought process here.

Galens

Nex Wrote:This is all bullshit, if it turns to be something like this, I'll just stop playing UO and I'll play WoW.

XUO have not died because everything was too easy, it died because it became incredibly boring and Sphere sucks.

I came back on INX because I wanted to PvP and I wanted to remember old memories about UO.

Why did it become boring?
Because everyone had every skill GMed.
Man sometimes I wonder... Intellectual Quotient of -3?

Look, people aren't supposed to GM skills.
Harder skill gains = less people who are GMed @ those skills = more people in demand of let's say ARMORS, and then the people who wasted 30000 hours of there life GMing it will actually get a reward.
BUT here is a series of formulas :

Easy skill gain = everyone has GM all skills + no one needs anything = BAD BAD BAD

Harder skill gain = less people with GM skill = more people who need it = GOOD GOOD GOOD

They might find it hard to GM, but the people who GMed it, did they say a shit? NO cause they like it, if you don't wanna GM smithing, go hunt and buy your armor you monkeys!

Just some ideas:

1. Set a skill cap of about 1000 (10 GM skills) - That way, nobody has "every skill GM'd" and will have to make a choice between combat skills or crafting skills.

2. Combat skills (this includes magery, healing) should be easy gains to promote PvP and PvM. Nobody will bother going PvM in order to gain combat skills unless it is exceptionally easy to do so, and afk macroing is illegal.

3. Make ALL afk macroing illegal (making the skills harder is pointless, as it just means people will sit AFK for longer. Make the skills easier but require people to actually be present when gaining them).

4. There is no reason why people shouldn't make money from 300 hours work on a shard. Especially if they're present for all the work (no afk macroing).

5. Smithy/item gains should be harder, but the items they craft SHOULD ACTUALLY BE WORTH BUYING. Currently I'm getting more armor from a bunch of leather and studded armor I picked up from mummy's, harpy's, and wyverns than I do from, for example, a full set of ice armor... Why would people bother buying these armors if they're not worth it?

6. If you really wanted to force PvM, simply stop combat skill gains when attacking other players. That way people will be required to attack monsters to gain skills, instead of sitting AFK wrestling their friends and self-healing, thereby forcing PvM for any combat skill gains. Yes, it will piss off people who just like to log on, macro for a day or two, and then jump right in to PvP, but ultima online wasn't designed so that people could GM ten skills in a month by AFK macroing.

Currently, if you were going to attempt to GM magery by going PvM, it'd take you about a year :p

Oh, and by the way, the biggest problem with this server is the lag.

For example, us aussies (and there are a lot of us here) have a minimum ping of about 400 to pretty much anywhere in the netherlands. That makes PvP extremely difficult for us, and for many of us this makes the server not worth playing on.

Move to a US server. That way the pings are more "even" to people all over the world.

here it is: ill just make a very simple post

this is to make crafters + hunters do what they like doing, and the pvpers u can just kill these guys if u want what they have so no biggie.

at the moment WEAPONS NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP NO QUESTIONS ASKED. now... once this is done u can use this as an EXAMPLE!! note this is an example so take it as an example!!

bardichi of vanq sup acc or whatever, this item needs to be hunted for either by hunting monsters or doing tmaps etc etc --> make crafters able to craft for an example a hells halberd (taken from IN) which has the exact same stats as the bard (staff can chose to either make it + tactics or whatever, but it needs to ATLEAST! have the basic stats of a bard of vanq). make it harder than it was to craft/obtain the resources than on IN so that crafters have more business to get the gold flowing and the name hells halberd does not have to be used and it doesnt have to be a hally/bard either maybe sumthing like a spear? a spear with the exact same stats as a bard of vanq would make it so that people dont just train swords, but they train fencing also. being a swordsmanship weapon or a fencing wouldnt make a difference in this state as they would have the same damage script and same speed etc etc blah...

use the above examples for which ever weapons u would like, u can even vary the damage + speed by a SMALL! fraction or so, so that the XUO pvp style will not be afected whatsoever. if u make it so 'a' craftable weapon is for example 1-3 damage less than the magical weapon ur interelating it to maybe give it a little personality. EXAMPLE!!! a low chance of poisoning the other target.

and with the armour, platemail armour atm is perfect for xuo pvp, however people dont use these types of armours for ganking/hunting as they'll die within a second and lose their sapphire oceanic or whatever. so i say keep the current armour system the way it is (exceptional stuff needs to be fixed).

my suggestion is make armour for people who love to gank/hunt. EXAMPLE!!!!!!! in ganking situations people hardly use weapons, true. because people see 1 guy fs/lightning para whatever the shit outa him till he drops. make different types of armours avaliable such as 'x armour' (does not have to be platemail can be whatever the hell the staff want it to be give extremely low armour so it cannot be abused in the tournies and with the xuo pvp style. however being low armour (this wouldnt really matter most people gank/hunt naked), it will have a purpose whilst ganking, maybe implement a armour that has a chance of resisting a fs, im not saying resisting the whole 40-50 damage or sumthing, im saying like the armour has a chance to resist 5-10 damage. so lets say if the staff want the whole set of 'x armour' to have a 10% chance of resisting a fs helmet probly gives 1%, chest 5% ETC ETC blah. and maybe a total different set of armour that resists lightning spells, or a armour that with the whole set WILL resist paralize off anything, but have a cooldown of 5minutes or 10 minutes b4 it can resist it again, that timing decision will be up to the staff.

i know this stuff will be hard to script, but i rkn its a good idea, thus there is more than 1 way of gettin a good weapon (atm its hunting), and armour will atleast have some use in ganking/ hunting, oh this came 2 my mind just then maybe have a dragon armour that mite allow the wearer to have a chance to resist a dragons fireball so it does less damage so u dont die instantly wen fighting 2 drags of have 2 drags chasing u. back on to my point, people will use these different armours to gank/hunt as they have a better chance of surviving with them on, however they will be utterly useless in a tourney fight based as their AR rating will be utterly shithouse and they will get raped by a melle weapon in a 4x4 square with nowhere to run.

PS. making these armours will require a mixture of crafting skills, different resources that can be gathered by mining/lumberjacking/fishing/hunting specific monsters that have a chance of dropping a special ingredient needed to make the weapon/armour etc etc

if staff need me to explain to them thouroughly ill bemore than happy to i was just in a rush thats all