Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

REALLY can't login.

yo amin after u run uopatch.exe fully (like run it 2 more times once it says complete) run uo.exe (i think that patches it even more lol)

amin dl uoml

whats uoml??

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

amin come on msn or come in vent, i've spoken to maka and hes given me something to test with you to see if it will fix it

AT LAST! LOL wow...

Turns out all I had to do was to login with Razor and it fixed my glitching problem... Some pop up came up when I first ran Razor, and it said something like "using Razors Insead", I missed the first part lol. so after logging in with razor, I can now login with the 5.0.1 h m client WITHOUT injection (was crashing b4) and also now works with inject...

So I guess GM's can tell people to first login with Razor, if problems occur with people, and it might solve the problem... wierd, but w/e it fixed it.

yeyeye!

ya razor is good in that it decrypts any client..

i had similar problems as gaiton (and silver), and i too currently use vista... but i found that the issue was that I did not let UO patch properly, and fixed it after I re-installed and fully patched... because what happens is that when you dont patch to a certain point, you dont get all the files you need to play inx... gaiton, uninstall UO, reinstall, and then try patching your client all the way.

n0x* Wrote:ya razor is good in that it decrypts any client..

i had similar problems as gaiton (and silver), and i too currently use vista... but i found that the issue was that I did not let UO patch properly, and fixed it after I re-installed and fully patched... because what happens is that when you dont patch to a certain point, you dont get all the files you need to play inx... gaiton, uninstall UO, reinstall, and then try patching your client all the way.

Yeah thing is nox, I patched it fully... than I opened UO.exe and to check if i needed to patch n e more and it was fully patched... I double clicked the patchers to make sure... but razor fixed it by decrypting my client, like you said, and it was razor which fixed my problem

yeyeye!

vista ****ing sucks for UO. uoml is mondain's legacy, the downloadable on the site

Here's a screenshot of a shortcut when you right-click it and select Properties. As you see I went to the compatibility tab. This is where you can find both the compatibility modes (usually you should take XP SP2 or XP SP3 if it's there) and at the bottom of the window you'll see the run as admin checkbox. Personally, I don't think you have to check it if the account you use to login to your computer is an administrator (the way most of us have it). If you have over controlling parents that made you a regular user account you would have to check it, and I assume get them to enter the admin password to allow it. I took the screenshot on Windows 7 so your window might look a bit different if you're using Vista. I believe the options are both in the same location however.

[Image: compatibilityadmin.png]

If you want to be on the uber safe side, use XP SP2 compatibility and check the run as admin box. Do this to your client.exe, the shortcut you use to launch it, razor.exe, the shortcut you use to launch it, and injection.exe, and the shortcut you use to launch it.

Something else you might want to do is add an exception to Windows Firewall for Razor, UO, and Injection. If you use more then 1 client (ex: 1 for razor, 1 for injection because for some reason that's the only way they work), you have to add each client. I believe you need to make the exception for an outgoing connection, not incoming.

All client.exe's should be in your UO folder, injection and razor can be installed to either the UO directory or some random directory, I've never noticed it to make a difference.

To me this sounds like you have corrupted game files. Personally if I ran into this situation I would uninstall from add/remove programs then manually delete your UO folders, Ultima Online Registry Keys (be careful), and Compatibility files that are hidden if you have any and in vista you can access them through C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files and check C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming. Once in those folders assuming you want to uninstall everything UO and Razor, then I would delete that Razor folder in there b/c it will still be there when you uninstall from Add/Remove programs. I do not exactly know the culprit and a lot of this is trial and error to find the issue. This is what I would do personally, If you have tried everything and did not find a solution I would manually uninstall everything! Uninstalling and Reinstalling is not a fix for everything but it is a good start. If you only uninstalled through Add/Remove programs in control panel that does not remove everything so therefore the problem or bad game file could still exist. Personally I do not believe it could be a problem with your Firewall or your Internet that would cause a Game Crash due to a bad file or script or setting. Those are usually the culprits to Game Crashes. I do not understand how adding Admin Privileges would fix this problem unless you had other software conflicting with your current software program. I wish there was a solid answer to give you all but there is never any dealing with computers. As far as the patcher goes, I have not encountered any problems myself on the same OS Vista and I did not need to run as admin and everything works fine. A lot of people have had issues with the IN-X Patcher So it might be wise to get a link to the game files to download manually for people that have issues with IN-X Patcher. If there ever was a link to the manual files in the forums, it is too hard to find and would be much easier to post them in the Download section of the website. Anyways I am out of ideas for the time being. I hope you get this resolved and let us know of what caused this error if you find that part out to help everyone in the future if this problem pops up again and it would help us tech savy geeks learn something new b/c everyday it is something new.. LOL GoodLuck! :badgrin::badgrin:

Eighty Swords Wrote:Here's a screenshot of a shortcut when you right-click it and select Properties. As you see I went to the compatibility tab. This is where you can find both the compatibility modes (usually you should take XP SP2 or XP SP3 if it's there) and at the bottom of the window you'll see the run as admin checkbox. Personally, I don't think you have to check it if the account you use to login to your computer is an administrator (the way most of us have it). If you have over controlling parents that made you a regular user account you would have to check it, and I assume get them to enter the admin password to allow it. I took the screenshot on Windows 7 so your window might look a bit different if you're using Vista. I believe the options are both in the same location however.

[Image: compatibilityadmin.png]

If you want to be on the uber safe side, use XP SP2 compatibility and check the run as admin box. Do this to your client.exe, the shortcut you use to launch it, razor.exe, the shortcut you use to launch it, and injection.exe, and the shortcut you use to launch it.

Something else you might want to do is add an exception to Windows Firewall for Razor, UO, and Injection. If you use more then 1 client (ex: 1 for razor, 1 for injection because for some reason that's the only way they work), you have to add each client. I believe you need to make the exception for an outgoing connection, not incoming.

All client.exe's should be in your UO folder, injection and razor can be installed to either the UO directory or some random directory, I've never noticed it to make a difference.

he knows how to use a pc, and he said he fixed it i don't know why you need to post a guide or something after every little thing you write an essay lol

Because if you concentrated on helping people instead of making fun of those that try to help people, you'd see there are other people on the forums having log in issues. And I'm also explaining what I think the 'run as admin' option does, which shouldn't be necessary to do since as you said, Amin knows how to use a computer and he's probably an administrator.