Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

House Building?

Well the plan was to make a hangout and a library. Adding another book to someone elses house won't make it much of a library. Not to mention I believe Sindern is intending to include actual books with writing on top of runebooks. Plus the place has Sindern's infamous rat races for betting, a bartender for drinks, seating, tables, etc. If all goes well it will be a cool place to hang out, find some new places to travel and bet away the days earnings.

Depending on the outcome it might also change Cove itself into a much desirable town. On the other hand it could draw absolutely no players and Sindern is out half a mil. Either way, it isn't hurting anyone in any way so I see no reason to really make any complaints about it.

well if there's no such thing as locking stuff down for personal gain like a guild box i don't care really, but with a locked room that's kinda messed cuz then someone who has tons of money can do the same just so they can have a safe place for storage in guarded area right smack in the middle of town.

guarded? they said the inside of the house would be unguarded. if you really want to you could probably sneak into his room when he enters it and is unaware

so i can't see why there are any complaints. and if you bought a house for half a mil, shouldn't you atleast deserve a locked room for yourself, especially when you let everyone use the rest of the house?

- regards, Fable

my point is since when has it been acceptable to even do that, EVEN if you have some other intent for the building, my opinion is that it's either FULLY public or FULLY private, in the case of private u have a problem, and the city is guarded.

seems to me you just want shade to cancel this and neglect sinderns idea.. i dunno it could be just me

- regards, Fable

Well, I've got 4 books filled so far just on the guarded cities with tons more to come.

I think that Luda's main complaint is that I could just be saying that I want to put a library there and have an unguarded house in the middle of a city that is guarded. Then, I could lure people in and kill them, or stand on my front steps and FS people in town. (Which I think might be why he wants to put a house in Britain now.)

However, look at my PVP record. I don't have a single duel on the score boards, have never entered a PVP tourney, and if I had a killbook, it would say 0 kills. I don't PVP, I don't grief people, I'm trying to do something productive to help build a community and atmosphere. That's as far from PVP ganking philosphy as I can imagine.

I don't mean that as a dig against PVPers, but I mean it as a defense of my own intentions. I'm sure my history of non-violence and not exploiting or using illegal scripts like auto-looting came into play when the GMs decided to let me have the spot.

I figured PVPers would be ECSTATIC about the idea since people using my library would be recalling into certain areas all the time, and would be out and exploring more.

If nothing else, wait until there's a treasure hunt, hide inside the building on your blue toon, kill anyone who comes in to use the runes during the hunt and then recall out to macro off your kills.

I'm sure this hasn't even occurred to you yet, but I've thought of it and am actually a bit worried about it.

I suppose I could request spells being disabled inside (it is a library, after-all and silence is one of the rules), but I'm not going to request it unless there's an obvious griefing problem.

Anyway, I just came by home from a meeting to change into something warmer and now I wrote a book. I'm off to meet some people and will be back to work on the library later.

Is good idea.... I am with You Sindern, You are intelligent Smile greetings...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]