Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

***Magery skillgain***

Yes! Thank you. Should be good. Big Grin

Yay! I didn't start trying yet, now I can raise it faster =]

Just so you guys know where Im coming from, I just kinda feel a little let down.

I remember the staff saying something like, ["We believe we are creating the best shard we can, and even if we only end up with 5 people, we will still be proud of what we made."]

Now, with the average online doubling to over 200 after just 7 days, I think they have done better than almost any emulator shard. Hell, the most populated shard Ive played on was IN1, and it averaged half that.

Ive been doing all this debating and defending the shard because I thought the staff still stood by what they said those months ago, and could easily see that the numbers showed how great of a shard they made. I figured I was doing them a favor by defending them and ther shard, so they wouldn't have to. Now, within just days of the opening, huge deviations from their initial settings have occured.

I guess I kinda feel like Ive been running around trying to gather up money for grandma's operation, only to come back and find that she had already told them to pull the plug.

But at least I know now.

It's understandable that you feel that way Lindenwood, and I'm sorry to hear that.
But you will also have to consider that we must listen to our players and their opinions. It's impossible to please everyone but if the major part of the playerbase wants to change something, we should defenitely consider it.

We said from the beginning that combat skills should be rather easy to train. Skills were way too hard from the beginning, but now we have them about right. Except for magery, it was more than twice harder to train than the next hardest combat skill. Because of this we decided that we should increase the magerygain.

Crafting skills will stay hard, and I doubt we will change any other skill after this. But again, we must listen to our playerbase and see what they have to say.

I really don't think it's that bad to let them have some magery gain, because really they will just quit, they aren't used to this, a lot of people I played with on clones of XUO/NOS won't come here because:

(15:44:14) someguy001: what shard u playin now?
(15:44:20) me: anyone here?
(15:44:21) me: er
(15:44:23) me: INX
(15:44:28) someguy001: aw
(15:44:32) someguy001: skill gain blows there ;/
(15:44:41) me: lol yea for people used to warshards ;/

I mean eventually everyone's gonna get all the combats, its just time, and magery oh well, but I hope they don't touch crafts. I hate macroing just as much as everyone else but it shouldn't take like 2 days to build a viable pvp char. I like how Nemo [Fresh] is taking it, he's out there with liek 60 mage PKing all us "vets" it's quite funny I died a few times to him Big Grin

[edit didn't see Taran's post at time of mine]

~Zorus, Tallmen, Garm, Syn, Senteil, etc IN1
~Seven Locks, Syn IN:R

~Admin Syn, Damien, Mary Jane - ONO
~Syn, some other random names - XUO
~Syn, Dodge Omni Turbo, Mary Jane - Navid1aUO

EVE Name: Slaquer ...sold my old account ;/

Of course you must listen to the playerbase. The first skill change I think was necessary because I dont think anyone thought that they were ok. But this was more like 20 people.

Taran Wrote:Except for magery, it was more than twice harder to train than the next hardest combat skill. Because of this we decided that we should increase the magerygain.
Maybe I was just gettig odd gains. ~1300 casts got me from 54.8 magery to 61.5 (6.7 points). I assume you were talking about healing being the next hardest combat skill. With about 1000 heal attempts, my healing only went from 60.1 to 64.3.

For magery, that is (1300/6.7)= ~19 actions per tenth of a point. For healing, that is (1000 / 3.2) = ~31 Actions per tenth. I already described how easily the money could be made to purchase the regs, and that the bandages were free if you spent 15 minutes running around a bit. But at this rate (even with the old skillgain), using my pretty basic macro (one cast / one heal ever ~20 secs), my magery would have surely passed my healing by the time they got to around 70.

I just really didn't think it was as hard as it was made out to be. Especially considering how desire and useful the skill is, it would make sense for it to be hard.

Taran Wrote:Crafting skills will stay hard, and I doubt we will change any other skill after this. But again, we must listen to our playerbase and see what they have to say.
Well thats good. I hope you dont.

Well the skillgain algo was changed a couple of times as well.
Maybe you trained the different skills with different skill algos.
Because magery should be harder to train than healing. If it's not, then I will have to take a look at the skillgain table and see what's wrong.

I appreciate your input, I really do. I hope you will stick with us even though we are making magerygain faster.

I will say personally I am glad for this, as I have been kinda "fighting" for it. But I think most other skills gains are where they should be, maybe archery is slow. But I haven't really had the chance to macro it.

Thank you,

BACoustic

Lindenwood Wrote:Of course you must listen to the playerbase. The first skill change I think was necessary because I dont think anyone thought that they were ok. But this was more like 20 people.

How can you say this man? Just because 'like 20 people' posted on the forums, that does not mean that they don't think the skill gain was slow. Slaquer just gave you an example of one of his friends that won't play here, because he knew it would take a LONG time to get ready to "play". Count those people plus the large amount of people in IRC that have brought up the same point, and you have a large percentage of the shard wanting a reform.

Lindenwood Wrote:Maybe I was just gettig odd gains. ~1300 casts got me from [SIZE="7"]54.8[/SIZE] magery to [SIZE="7"]61.5 [/SIZE](6.7 points). I assume you were talking about healing being the next hardest combat skill. With about 1000 heal attempts, my healing only went from [SIZE="7"]60.1[/SIZE] to [SIZE="7"]64.3[/SIZE].

For magery, that is (1300/6.7)= ~19 actions per tenth of a point. For healing, that is (1000 / 3.2) = ~31 Actions per tenth. I already described how easily the money could be made to purchase the regs, and that the bandages were free if you spent 15 minutes running around a bit. But at this rate (even with the old skillgain), using my pretty basic macro (one cast / one heal ever ~20 secs), my magery would have surely passed my healing by the time they got to around 70.

I just really didn't think it was as hard as it was made out to be. Especially considering how desire and useful the skill is, it would make sense for it to be hard.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

Lindenwood Wrote:Well thats good. I hope you dont.

Hope you don't listen to the playerbase? Yeah sounds like a great way to run a shard. I think he's doing a fine job, don't be a sore loser man.

And holy shit, can we atleast see what it will be like when it is implemented? You may find that it's not such a huge deal if it takes players a week and a half to GM magery, than if it took them two weeks.

Taran Wrote:Well the skillgain algo was changed a couple of times as well.
Maybe you trained the different skills with different skill algos.
Because magery should be harder to train than healing. If it's not, then I will have to take a look at the skillgain table and see what's wrong.
The numbers I posted have been since I started training magery a couple days ago. They were both gained at the exact same times.

I thought maybe by "harder" you were just factoring in the additional effort for supplies.

Taran Wrote:I appreciate your input, I really do. I hope you will stick with us even though we are making magerygain faster.
Of course I will! I don't sound like THAT much of a baby, do I? :p Wink

Besides, I am NOT going to find a better shard. Period.

weheheh i knew it was gonna be changed, it could never stay this hard ^^ so i didn't bother training it yet

Slaquer Wrote:I like how Nemo [Fresh] is taking it, he's out there with liek 60 mage PKing all us "vets" it's quite funny I died a few times to him Big Grin

nothing personal.

I am the new "vets" Smile

[Image: untitled1copyyb3.png]