Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Venos' Path

(Writer's notes)
[I wrote this story in one sitting yesterday so there are no doubt a bunch of minor typos and mistakes, one thing I often do wrong is the time(past, present) of my wording but I hope you can understand it anyway.
The intro doesn't follow the story itself but is more a lead in to why my character was on the road in the first place.

I am not requesting any RP items, I write because I like to do it Smile

I was Veno on IN:X(and R i think) and Faltar on IN1 if anyone wants to get back in contact.

Leave comments if you have any, in or out of character.]

Venos' Path

Part 1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I have not always been who I am now. I have seen more pain and suffering than most. I have inflicted death and destruction upon my enemies on countless occasions. I have hunted, caught, tortured and killed.
All of this I have done.

I served the forces of order for years. I fought and defeated my enemies. I held my ground when others retreated. Yet even I fell in the end.

One day years ago I realized that no matter how long or how hard I fought I would never achieve the victory I yearned for. There would always be new dangers and new enemies to fight. I became sick of it all. I left my belongings to my remaining guild mates and left all I had known behind.

I travelled the world on my own. I had given up on old enemies and friends alike. I was free.

But as I'm sure you have guessed it was not to last long.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It was another night like any other. I was traveling the road between Trinsic and Britain when I came upon a brigand camp. I was not in the mood for a fight or had the gold on me to bribe my way past them so I headed off the road into the forest to find a way past the camp and back to the road.
I decided to play it safe and walked for about an hour into the woods. I wanted to take a good long route around any potential trouble with the brigands but ended up running into an entirely different problem.

Right as the sun dipped below the horizon I emerged from the forest into an open clearing. And right there was a keep. It's grey stone rising up over the nearest treetops. How could I not have seen it approaching?
I backed up behind the nearest tree to get a decent look at the keep here in the middle of the wilderness.
From my vantage point I could see the entire front of the keep.
It seemed somewhat sparsely decorated. Only a saddle mounting and a barrel of water was at the main door. I could see no movement in any of the windows.

*snap* I spin around to see where the noise came from but all I get is a sharp stinging pain on the side of my head and blackness in front of my eyes.

I woke up chained to a stone wall in what I assumed was the basement of the keep. An assumption that would later be confirmed.
I had blacked out from the blow to my head so I had no idea who or what had dragged me in here and was holding me captive.

For what felt like days I saw or heard no one.

I was chained in a standing position so there was no way to rest or sleep. If I had tried I would have hung in my arms with the chains digging into my wrists.

Just before I would have collapsed from exhaustion the door suddenly burst open and a large man came in. He pushed me hard against the cold wall and poured water into my mouth. I greedily gobbled up as much as I could. Before I'd even had half as much water as I would have preferred the bottle was empty and disappeared into his backpack. He took out a small loaf of bread and put it into my right hand. I was barely able to get my hand to my mouth but munched on the bread the best I could anyway. He turned his back to me and walked over to the door, when he reached it he turned around and looked at me. "You better eat up now; I've been instructed to keep you alive until it's decided what to do with an intruder like you." I was too concerned about eating to bother answering him with a spiteful remark although a fair few came to mind at this point. "I'll see you soon." He said with a dark grin on his face and left the room. The door was closed but I heard no lock slide in place. Well not like there was anything to do about that in this position anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Venos' Path - by Venos - 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Venos' Path - by Venos - 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Venos' Path - by Venos - 07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Venos' Path - by Venos - 07-08-2011, 01:21 PM