Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to GM Tailoring

Eighty Swords Wrote:Explanation of skill gain:
Since INX is repetition based and not difficulty based, this means you can make the easiest item over and over and gain skill whether you have 40 or 90 points in that skill. As you gain skill it gets progressively harder.

Suggestion on what to make:
The most commonly crafted items for tailoring are bandanas and skullcaps since they only take 2 cloth each and sell to vendors for 3gp (1.5 gp per cloth). You could calculate it out and figure out if there's an item that yields more gp per piece of cloth used, but I wanted to GM it using as little skill as possible.

Why would I GM Tailoring?
1. You get a dye tub you choose the color of (unlike the ones on the PVP reward stone which are random) and you give it your own name.
2. You need tailoring to make some of the armors available on INX. Open your sewing kit to find out which ones Wink.
3. If you pick the cotton and make it into cloth yourself this is an easy way to make some money while AFK. It's less profitable then mining but again you can do this while AFK.

My results:
Here's a table of how much cloth I used for every 10-15 points. It starts at 45 because I didn't keep track from the start and because you can buy up to about 40-45 skill from a vendor.

Starting Skill Level.....Ending Skill Level.....Cloth Used

Total Cloth Used: 156366

What does this information do for you? Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that with exactly 156366 cloth you can GM Tailoring. But it does serve as a reference on how big of a stockpile you need if you want to GM Tailoring in 1 very long run.

The Macro:

Here's the Razor macro I used to GM Tailoring from the safety and comfort of my own home.

Notes:
  1. Before starting the macro simply double click your sewing kit, target some cloth in your pack and make one bandanna.
  2. The Organize Agent puts the finished bandanna in a chest on the floor.
  3. The Restock Agent takes cloth from the same chest on the floor.
  4. If you want you can use this same macro to GM Tailoring at a bank. Just add a line in somewhere where you say 'bank guards' to keep opening it incase it closes because your character turns or moves for whatever reason.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the macro or suggestions.

Go to the Macros folder in the Razor folder (a common place for Razor is C:\Program Files\Razor), make 2 New Text Documents and change the extension to ".macro" instead of ".txt". Copy the macros above in the quotes into the new files and save and close the file. Restart Razor and your new macros should be there.

This is really good for begginers, thank you for sharing.
I could have done something similar with blacksmith but I am finishing already Sad!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Messages In This Thread
How to GM Tailoring - by Eighty Swords - 04-20-2009, 02:10 AM
How to GM Tailoring - by imported_Hiroshima - 04-20-2009, 05:07 AM
How to GM Tailoring - by imported_Papa Smurf - 04-20-2009, 08:06 AM
How to GM Tailoring - by Eighty Swords - 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
How to GM Tailoring - by Eighty Swords - 01-28-2010, 05:24 AM
How to GM Tailoring - by imported_Raziel - 02-17-2010, 11:43 PM
How to GM Tailoring - by Eighty Swords - 02-19-2010, 11:16 PM
How to GM Tailoring - by imported_Raziel - 02-22-2010, 07:20 PM
How to GM Tailoring - by Eighty Swords - 02-23-2010, 07:49 PM