Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded

Eighty Swords Wrote:Since all the vendors won't be scrunched into 1 or 2 buildings, can certain buildings be designated for certain types of vendors. This way those of us who only sell pvp and hunting supplies (like certain scrolls and potions) can place our vendor in that building, or people who sell armors only can put their vendor in the armors and weapons building, and those who sell a variety of goods on their vendor those vendors can go in the 'mixed goods' building or they can put it in one of the other buildings if say potions are the main thing they sell plus a little extra?

This is something I discussed with Jackal and Gandalf. Personally I like the idea of having building specific shops, kind of like a player run blacksmith shop for example, but I have a feeling people wouldn't follow such rules. Plus I don't want to make people have multiple vendors if they don't want them. If we did this and had a "misc" shop for vendors that sell everything I think players might just only use that building.

It would kind of suck if you set up your mounts vendor and then found a vanq wep you wanted to sell and needed another vendor I think. I mean we could allow a random item or two outside of the category being sold there but then we have to deal with where to draw the line and what to do if someone crosses that line by a single item or purposely ignores it... At the moment I am trying to find the cleanest way to do this transition with little worry or trouble on the players side. It wouldn't be hard to say this building is for smiths only but it could end up being troublesome when people ignore the rule... plus you know I am a hard ass and might just end up deleting a vendor if they broke a rule. Considering how some rules we have are taken with a grain of salt I could see this not working at all and just causing a headache for staff.

Quote:I don't follow what you mean by this. How is it easier to restock my vendor by making me go through an unguarded area instead of what I currently do; go from the guarded part of Britain to pits?

It will be easier to stock because you can cast whatever spells you wish in this area. Gating next your vendor from a guarded bank is much easier then carrying max weight each trip through the pits.

Messages In This Thread
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Shade - 06-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by Eighty Swords - 06-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Yankovic - 06-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Shade - 06-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Menace - 06-23-2009, 05:41 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Shade - 06-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by smoke - 06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by smoke - 06-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by imported_Sindern - 06-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Important: Eastern Britain will no longer be guarded - by Eighty Swords - 06-29-2009, 11:17 PM