Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ideas for both PVP and PVM

Galens Wrote:PVP

Mace type weapons. (Give more stamina drain per hit say maybe 25% per successful strike and perhaps 35% on a critical hit)

This will allow maces to be more dependable in at least one way for pvp, taking away the stam of an emeny makes it harder for them to run. Of course the damage would have to me re-thought.

Fencing type weapons. Definently need more damage to them, or twice as fast hit rate. Currently, even a kryss of vanquishing is absolutely useless. (I own one)

Wrestling. Wrestling could drain 50-70% of stamina per hit. This at least gives some use to it indefinently for pvp. Everyone will use a dress macro to get that extra % stam drain to get that edge for another beefy hit with their bard or elven.

Swords could get a Mana or HP vampire effect to a certain % depending upon the weapon class. This will allow the use of more heater shields.

Thats all for PVP

Hunting

Hunting has always been a great enjoyment to both PVP and NON-PVP type players. The challenge is where the enjoyment is at most! I would much rather have a challenging fight, than get a 5k drop or even a million gold drop.

Monsters could aquire several different "modifications" to make the challenge rise. Of course, loot would have to be adjusted properly for the mods they aquire.

Physical resistance
Magic resistance
Elemental Resistance
Arrow Resistance
Sword Resistance
Mace Resistance
Fencing Resistance
Wrestling Resistance

Skills Monsters can aquire
Confuse (Status effect can be either single or AOE) (Confuse makes your arrow keys reversed. Pressing up makes you go down, or perhaps since most use the mouse, clicking up, makes you go backwards, right goes left, etc.)

Paralyze I haven't met a monster yet using paralyze (an ex por)

Slow (Cast on user or AOE) (Makes you walk instead of run OR half your walk speed(no running)

Stamina Drain (monsters could either cast this, OR it could be physical oriented like my mace idea)

Loot (A monster could make you drop a random item you are either using(equipped) or a random item in your backpack) (Does not keep weapon, weapon merely falls on ground)

Burning (Damage over time, like poison, only your character recieves burns from a fire type spell) (Spell removed with cure) (effect rate would be instant, rather than after a certain duration like poison) (different levels of burning would take different amount of cure casts like poison)

Thats all I have for now.

I really like your ideas for the PVM, it sounds very interesting seriously, kindfa like Diablo 2, its a pimp system. Maybe put in like deadly strike or something, let the players know, keep your distance cuz if that TREE-guy hits you, your ****ed. Add some Temples maybe, might be a gay idea but, i was playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time a while ago for fun lol. And i thought what if we made certain temples.. like a newbie fire temple that allows you to GM one NEEDED/REQUIRED skill. Make it so that there is a temple for each, non PK, for new players to get the feel of the PVM, put monsters n everything, then at the end, they have to engage in a pvp fight WHICH will be easy but harder than the other monsters. Maybe some acid rain here and there to teach em how to use cure. Dunno, just an idea Smile.

But for the PVP, i know what your saying and i agree but 25% is too much for stamina drain, i say they up Q staffs like on Xuo2, Fencing, those weapons are meant to be not so strong, GM your poisonining and deadly poison your weapons. Swords are perfect the way they are, SHIELDS need to BE REDUCED IN ARMOR! try n duel someone with full exceptional and a shield, its ridiculous... 1-4 damage a hit with max bard or hally...

Big Grin

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by Galens - 12-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by imported_kitehimuro - 12-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by imported_ScareCrow - 12-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by Galens - 12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by imported_Kreole Ragehead - 12-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by Galens - 12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by imported_ScareCrow - 12-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Ideas for both PVP and PVM - by Galens - 12-28-2007, 08:57 PM